Takeaways from the test sessions?
XYXPDQ
2021-03-14 21:10:56 UTC
What are your takeaways from the test runs?

First off all the teams look really reliable given the number or completed laps. Not surprising since powertrain rules didn't change from last year.

The biggest question is who was bagging more, Red Bull or Merc?

Who do you think looks strongest for third place in the constructors championship?
Sir Tim
2021-03-14 23:00:45 UTC
Post by XYXPDQ
What are your takeaways from the test runs?
First off all the teams look really reliable given the number or
completed laps. Not surprising since powertrain rules didn't change from last year.
The biggest question is who was bagging more, Red Bull or Merc?
Who do you think looks strongest for third place in the constructors championship?
Standout performer was the Red Bull, especially when in the hands of Max
Verstappen.

Good effort by McLaren, AlphaTauri and Alpine.

A poor test (by their high standards) for Mercedes, also Aston Martin. Merc
will probably quickly bounce back; AM maybe not.

Driver of the day: Tsunoda.

I would back McLaren for 3rd again in the WCC.
Sir Tim
leonard hofstatder
2021-03-14 23:33:10 UTC
Post by Sir Tim
Post by XYXPDQ
What are your takeaways from the test runs?
First off all the teams look really reliable given the number or
completed laps. Not surprising since powertrain rules didn't change from last year.
The biggest question is who was bagging more, Red Bull or Merc?
Who do you think looks strongest for third place in the constructors championship?
Standout performer was the Red Bull, especially when in the hands of Max
Verstappen.
Good effort by McLaren, AlphaTauri and Alpine.
A poor test (by their high standards) for Mercedes, also Aston Martin. Merc
will probably quickly bounce back; AM maybe not.
Driver of the day: Tsunoda.
I would back McLaren for 3rd again in the WCC.
Will Buxton
@wbuxtonofficial
ยท
5h
Why were Mercedes the only team not to run a pre test shakedown?

Why are they the only ones running next week?

What odds a different aero package for the โ€œfilming dayโ€?

The ultimate bluff???

Letโ€™s see...
Mark Jackson
2021-03-15 00:32:24 UTC
Post by Sir Tim
A poor test (by their high standards) for Mercedes, also Aston
Martin. Merc will probably quickly bounce back; AM maybe not.
Saward notes that the four Merc-engined teams were the bottom four in
terms of laps run, by about twice the number that covers all of the rest.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2021/03/14/for-what-it-is-worth/
Physics doesn't care if your question is weird. It just
gives you the answer, without judging. - Randall Munroe
Bigbird
2021-03-16 11:02:14 UTC
Post by XYXPDQ
What are your takeaways from the test runs?
First off all the teams look really reliable given the number or
completed laps. Not surprising since powertrain rules didn't change
from last year.
The biggest question is who was bagging more, Red Bull or Merc?
Who do you think looks strongest for third place in the constructors championship?
I didn't watch much but note Mercedes issue with aero instability which
makes me think they have yet again a car that will struggle in "dirty
air". The opposite of the type of car we want to see for interesting
races. Did two Mercedes engined cars have similar gearbox issues which
might suggest more than a glitch.
build
The odds on RBR were no good so I put a reasonable sized bet on Dan 60/1 and Macca 80/1 and then covered that off on Max and RBR. Merc might stuff that up but they look unsteady in all aspects.
News
What are the odds on F1 'spectacle'? 100:1? Worse?
Yousuf Khan
2021-03-19 10:47:12 UTC
Post by XYXPDQ
What are your takeaways from the test runs?
First off all the teams look really reliable given the number or completed laps. Not surprising since powertrain rules didn't change from last year.
The biggest question is who was bagging more, Red Bull or Merc?
Who do you think looks strongest for third place in the constructors championship?
I think Mercedes is in real trouble this year! They may not win till the
2nd race of the season, rather than the first! ๐Ÿ™„
News
2021-03-19 14:19:53 UTC
Post by Yousuf Khan
Post by XYXPDQ
What are your takeaways from the test runs?
First off all the teams look really reliable given the number or
completed laps.ย  Not surprising since powertrain rules didn't change
Sandbaggers lay low until the 2nd lap, first race...
XYXPDQ
If Hamilton isn't on pole for the first race it won't be from sandbagging.
News
Whatever Toto wants, Toto gets.
build
2021-03-21 04:27:06 UTC
Post by Yousuf Khan
Post by XYXPDQ
What are your takeaways from the test runs?
First off all the teams look really reliable given the number or completed laps. Not surprising since powertrain rules didn't change from last year.
The biggest question is who was bagging more, Red Bull or Merc?
Who do you think looks strongest for third place in the constructors championship?
I think Mercedes is in real trouble this year! They may not win till the
2nd race of the season, rather than the first! ๐Ÿ™„
I never underestimate Merc, I doubt many would. But their odds are 3/4.