OT: Indycar to get 'KERS' from 2022
2019-08-02 06:13:53 UTC
<https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/08/08-01-INDYCAR-Hybrid>

"INDYCAR, in partnership with Chevrolet and Honda, will implement a single-source hybrid system in
its race cars for the 2022 NTT IndyCar Series season that will provide key enhancements ranging
from competition to safety."

and

"The hybrid technology will consist of a multi-phase motor, inverter and electric storage device
that will create energy recovery from the car’s braking system."

and

“It’s an exciting time for INDYCAR with the forthcoming evolution of the cars and innovations like
the hybrid powertrain being incorporated into the new engine,” INDYCAR President Jay Frye said. “As
we move toward the future, we will remain true to our racing roots of being fast, loud and
authentic, and simultaneously have the ability to add hybrid technology that is an important
element for the series and our engine manufacturers.”

I think that the "loud" part might be a dig at F1. Indycar uses twin-turbos on their ICEs but
they're nowhere near as efficient as F1s single turbo system so a lot of energy is still wasted as
noise. Fuck knows what he means by "authentic" maybe in-race refuelling?

Are you pirating indycar tv coverage?
t***@gmail.com
2019-08-03 02:31:28 UTC
Sounds like you have another thing to bitch about.
t***@gmail.com
2019-08-03 02:41:46 UTC
I think that the "loud" part might be a dig at F1. Indycar uses twin-turbos on their ICEs but
they're nowhere near as efficient as F1s single turbo system so a lot of energy is still wasted as
noise. Fuck knows what he means by "authentic" maybe in-race refuelling?
Go to an indycar race in your rainbow hot pants
and bulging diaper