A historical pattern at Renault
Yousuf Khan
2020-05-14 23:22:57 UTC
So McLaren just sent Sainz off to Ferrari with nice words about him, and
Sainz had nice words about them. Renault on the other hand, sent
Ricciardo off to McLaren, with slightly veiled passive-aggressive
statement about his disloyalty to Renault!

I'm starting to see a pattern in Renault that was also around back in
the 80's. At the end of the 83 season, Renault fired both Prost and
Eddie Cheever for failing to win either the driver's or constructor's
championship. Prost was second that year, and Cheever was scoring a lot
of podiums, they had the basis of a winning team the next season, as
long as they got their reliability up, but they threw it away. I think
there may be a systemic management problem at Renault that never goes
away, decade after decade, even as the personnel change over that time,
all of the new people fall into the same traps. Maybe it's a government
management mentality, since Renault used to be owned by the French
government for so long (might still be, I don't know).

Do you think that team boss, Cyril Abitaboul's job is at stake now, for
losing Ricciardo? So he had to put out a passive-aggressive statement to
preserve his power within the structure?
~misfit~
2020-05-15 01:26:53 UTC
[...]
If Renault had given Dan the car they said they were going to he'd still be there.

Yousuf Khan
2020-05-15 04:19:35 UTC
If Renault had given Dan the car they said they were going to he'd still be there.
Which is the point I was trying to make, they did not acknowledge their
own problems, rather blaming the driver for leaving. Similar thing
happened back historically, as I was pointing out, in 83 they fired both
their drivers for not winning the championships, when their car just
kept breaking down most of the time.

Yousuf Khan
~misfit~
2020-05-15 06:46:15 UTC
If Renault had given Dan the car they said they were going to he'd still be there.
Which is the point I was trying to make, they did not acknowledge their own problems, rather
blaming the driver for leaving. Similar thing happened back historically, as I was pointing out, in
83 they fired both their drivers for not winning the championships, when their car just kept
breaking down most of the time.
    Yousuf Khan
I was agreeing with you, perhaps I should have worded it more clearly.

Yousuf Khan
2020-05-15 14:41:18 UTC
Post by Yousuf Khan
Post by ~misfit~
If Renault had given Dan the car they said they were going to he'd still be there.
Which is the point I was trying to make, they did not acknowledge
their own problems, rather blaming the driver for leaving. Similar
thing happened back historically, as I was pointing out, in 83 they
fired both their drivers for not winning the championships, when their
car just kept breaking down most of the time.
     Yousuf Khan
I was agreeing with you, perhaps I should have worded it more clearly.
Okay, so I guess we're in violent agreement with each other. :-)

Yousuf Khan
t***@gmail.com
2020-05-16 02:40:15 UTC
I was agreeing with you, perhaps I should have worded it more clearly.
That is because you are not familiar
with agreeing with people.
You are more familiar with being a
deluxe cunt with a chip on your shoulder.