Renault not buying Max his excuses
2018-04-13 09:01:46 UTC
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-allows-teams-unlock-more-engine-performance-1025524

Abiteboul also confirmed that there was no engine malfunction during Max
Verstappen's qualifying crash in Bahrain, which the Dutchman blamed on a
150bhp power surge.

"The engine has done exactly what the throttle was asking, it was very
clear. It's a determinist thing, cause and consequence, when you press
on the throttle, something is happening to the engine.

oops

A necessary point to make. Otherwise there would be a suspicion that Renault had found a way to have torque supply not linearly mapped to the throttle demand.
D Munz
2018-04-13 11:23:40 UTC
A necessary point to make. Otherwise there would be a suspicion that Renault had found a way to have torque supply not linearly mapped to the throttle demand.
What would the advantage be to that? I'm not being smart, I really do not understand why that would help or be outside the rule for that matter.

TIA
2018-04-13 11:27:05 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by Bobster
A necessary point to make. Otherwise there would be a suspicion that Renault had found a way to have torque supply not linearly mapped to the throttle demand.
What would the advantage be to that? I'm not being smart, I really do not understand why that would help or be outside the rule for that matter.
It was a stipulation made a few years back when it was found that some teams had special maps that would keep exhaust travelling through the diffuser when the driver was not, as they say in the classics, "demanding torque".