Nuts!
2018-04-07 00:49:24 UTC
I see that those Ferrari wheelnuts are causing issues for the parent team
now...
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/135212
(Unless it was a carefully stage-managed stunt to dispell rumours, done
knowing that they'd only get a financial penalty.)

You cunt.
~misfit~
2018-04-09 07:34:55 UTC
I see that those Ferrari wheelnuts are causing issues for the parent
team now...
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/135212
(Unless it was a carefully stage-managed stunt to dispell rumours,
done knowing that they'd only get a financial penalty.)
Ferrari were so concerned about the wheelman who puts the wheel on during
the pitstop getting it perpendicular to the axle (so the nut is presented
correctly and not cross-threaded) they got him to stand right in line with
the wheel. Unfortunately for one of Kimi's guys this (combined with another
issue) cost him a broken tibia and fibula.

Hass approached the issue differently by just taking an extra 0.5 - 0.8 of a
second during the stops to be sure the wheel was presented to the axle
correctly. Ferrari will need to re-design these wheelnuts quickly.

2018-04-09 23:27:08 UTC
I see that those Ferrari wheelnuts are causing issues for the parent
team now...
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/135212
(Unless it was a carefully stage-managed stunt to dispell rumours,
done knowing that they'd only get a financial penalty.)
Ferrari were so concerned about the wheelman who puts the wheel on during
the pitstop getting it perpendicular to the axle (so the nut is presented
correctly and not cross-threaded) they got him to stand right in line with
the wheel. Unfortunately for one of Kimi's guys this (combined with another
issue) cost him a broken tibia and fibula.
Nice to see Kimi rush over to where the injured dude was being treated
to offer his support...

2018-04-10 00:29:35 UTC
fag
Bigbird
Yeah, cos sticking his helmet in the mix would be really helpful.
~misfit~
2018-04-10 11:08:16 UTC
I see that those Ferrari wheelnuts are causing issues for the
parent team now...
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/135212
(Unless it was a carefully stage-managed stunt to dispell rumours,
done knowing that they'd only get a financial penalty.)
Ferrari were so concerned about the wheelman who puts the wheel on
during the pitstop getting it perpendicular to the axle (so the nut
is presented correctly and not cross-threaded) they got him to
stand right in line with the wheel. Unfortunately for one of Kimi's
guys this (combined with another issue) cost him a broken tibia and
fibula.
Nice to see Kimi rush over to where the injured dude was being
treated to offer his support...
Yeah, cos sticking his helmet in the mix would be really helpful.
Agreed. I was getting annoyed with the journos but was impressed with Kimi's
"we all have jobs to do - mine is to go when the light turns green" (or
words very close to those).

Phil Carmody
2018-04-10 11:58:35 UTC
Nice to see Kimi rush over to where the injured dude was being
treated to offer his support...
Yeah, cos sticking his helmet in the mix would be really helpful.
Agreed. I was getting annoyed with the journos but was impressed with Kimi's
"we all have jobs to do - mine is to go when the light turns green" (or
words very close to those).
It was an incredibly Finnish reaction. There is nothing he could have
done to prevent the accident, as he doesn't have the inputs that permit
him to make a different choice, and there's nothing he could have
done after the accident to assist, so he didn't get involved. He won't
and shouldn't have any feelings of guilt, or any lost sleep. It's quite
literally nothing to do with him. Of course, he'll want to see the wheel
guy back on two legs again ASAP, he's not inhuman, it's just that he
knows that attitudes like "thoughts and prayers" are useless.

It's a similar attitude to his "having a shit" line. It's one of the
reasons I love Finland.

Phil
--
In order for there to be rights, there must be wrongs - if you want to
get rid of wrongs, which great leaders do, you *must* get rid of rights.
~misfit~
2018-04-10 12:19:40 UTC
Post by Phil Carmody
[...]
Exactly.
Post by Phil Carmody
It's a similar attitude to his "having a shit" line. It's one of the
reasons I love Finland.
I've never been but I am impressed by 'the Finnish attitude'. ;-)