Nuts!
2018-04-07 00:49:24 UTC
I see that those Ferrari wheelnuts are causing issues for the parent team
now...
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/135212
(Unless it was a carefully stage-managed stunt to dispell rumours, done
knowing that they'd only get a financial penalty.)

You cunt.
~misfit~
2018-04-09 07:34:55 UTC
I see that those Ferrari wheelnuts are causing issues for the parent
team now...
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/135212
(Unless it was a carefully stage-managed stunt to dispell rumours,
done knowing that they'd only get a financial penalty.)
Ferrari were so concerned about the wheelman who puts the wheel on during
the pitstop getting it perpendicular to the axle (so the nut is presented
correctly and not cross-threaded) they got him to stand right in line with
the wheel. Unfortunately for one of Kimi's guys this (combined with another
issue) cost him a broken tibia and fibula.

Hass approached the issue differently by just taking an extra 0.5 - 0.8 of a
second during the stops to be sure the wheel was presented to the axle
correctly. Ferrari will need to re-design these wheelnuts quickly.