2018 Belgian GP
2018-08-25 14:23:46 UTC
:-)
I had to give Ocon and Force India a yippee and a fist pump. Really well done in the circumstances. Great team.
bra
2018-08-25 21:20:11 UTC
On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 7:23:47 AM UTC-7, build wrote:
> :-)
> I had to give Ocon and Force India a yippee and a fist pump. Really well done in the circumstances. Great team.

Yes, and the race looks like it will be a cracker.

So good to see Ocon Perform and put Force India in 3rd spot, WITH A PINK CAR. (In British stock-car racing, pink bodywork --- gallon of Dulux and a 4-inch DIY brush --- has been a popular choice by builder-drivers waiting for anyone to say a dicky-bird ----.)

Now, that Lewis really wakes up at the end of qualifying, doesn't he? Even more so in the wet. Who does that remind you of?
Alan Baker
2018-08-25 21:57:33 UTC
On 2018-08-25 2:20 PM, bra wrote:
> On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 7:23:47 AM UTC-7, build wrote:
>> :-)
>> I had to give Ocon and Force India a yippee and a fist pump. Really well done in the circumstances. Great team.
>
> Yes, and the race looks like it will be a cracker.
>
> So good to see Ocon Perform and put Force India in 3rd spot, WITH A PINK CAR. (In British stock-car racing, pink bodywork --- gallon of Dulux and a 4-inch DIY brush --- has been a popular choice by builder-drivers waiting for anyone to say a dicky-bird ----.)
>
> Now, that Lewis really wakes up at the end of qualifying, doesn't he? Even more so in the wet. Who does that remind you of?

That wasn't "waking" up... ...that was just the track drying up, and
Vettel not getting it right on his last chance.
Sir Tim
2018-08-25 22:56:05 UTC
Alan Baker <***@ness.biz> wrote:
> On 2018-08-25 2:20 PM, bra wrote:
>> On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 7:23:47 AM UTC-7, build wrote:
>>> :-)
>>> I had to give Ocon and Force India a yippee and a fist pump. Really
>>> well done in the circumstances. Great team.
>>
>> Yes, and the race looks like it will be a cracker.
>>
>> So good to see Ocon Perform and put Force India in 3rd spot, WITH A PINK
>> CAR. (In British stock-car racing, pink bodywork --- gallon of Dulux and
>> a 4-inch DIY brush --- has been a popular choice by builder-drivers
>> waiting for anyone to say a dicky-bird ----.)
>>
>> Now, that Lewis really wakes up at the end of qualifying, doesn't he?
>> Even more so in the wet. Who does that remind you of?
>>

> That wasn't "waking" up... ...that was just the track drying up, and
> Vettel not getting it right on his last chance.

Yep, Vettel not getting it *quite* right and Hamilton getting it *exactly*
right, in incredibly difficult conditions. A great lap.

2018-08-25 23:03:09 UTC
On 2018-08-25 3:56 PM, Sir Tim wrote:
> Alan Baker <***@ness.biz> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, and the race looks like it will be a cracker.
>>>
>>> So good to see Ocon Perform and put Force India in 3rd spot, WITH A PINK
>>> CAR. (In British stock-car racing, pink bodywork --- gallon of Dulux and
>>> a 4-inch DIY brush --- has been a popular choice by builder-drivers
>>> waiting for anyone to say a dicky-bird ----.)
>>>
>>> Now, that Lewis really wakes up at the end of qualifying, doesn't he?
>>> Even more so in the wet. Who does that remind you of?
>>>

>> That wasn't "waking" up... ...that was just the track drying up, and
>> Vettel not getting it right on his last chance.
>>

> Yep, Vettel not getting it *quite* right and Hamilton getting it *exactly*
> right, in incredibly difficult conditions. A great lap.

Sorry, but it's impossible to know whether Hamilton's lap was more right
than Vettel's previous lap because the conditions were changing.
bra
2018-08-26 00:02:20 UTC

What Napoleon Bonaparte said about good generals holds true for F1 drivers.
Alan Baker
2018-08-26 02:35:27 UTC
On 2018-08-25 5:02 PM, bra wrote:
> On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 4:03:02 PM UTC-7, Alan Baker wrote:
>> On 2018-08-25 3:56 PM, Sir Tim wrote:
>>> Yep, Vettel not getting it *quite* right and Hamilton getting it *exactly*
>>> right, in incredibly difficult conditions. A great lap.
>>
>> Sorry, but it's impossible to know whether Hamilton's lap was more right
>> than Vettel's previous lap because the conditions were changing.
>
> What Napoleon Bonaparte said about good generals holds true for F1 drivers.

Absolutely.

Is Hamilton one of the top guys? Absolutely.

Saying that he took pole on THIS day because he's better than the others...

...that's a lot harder.

:-)
Bigbird
2018-08-26 11:08:26 UTC
Alan Baker wrote:

> On 2018-08-25 5:02 PM, bra wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry, but it's impossible to know whether Hamilton's lap was
> > > more right than Vettel's previous lap because the conditions were
> > > changing.
> >
> > What Napoleon Bonaparte said about good generals holds true for F1
> > drivers.
> >

> Absolutely.
>
> Is Hamilton one of the top guys? Absolutely.
>
> Saying that he took pole on THIS day because he's better than the
> others...
>
> ...that's a lot harder.
>
> :-)

Argumentative twat!

:)
Alan Baker
2018-08-26 15:44:42 UTC
On 2018-08-26 4:08 AM, Bigbird wrote:
> Alan Baker wrote:

>>> What Napoleon Bonaparte said about good generals holds true for F1
>>> drivers.
>>>

>> Absolutely.
>>
>> Is Hamilton one of the top guys? Absolutely.
>>
>> Saying that he took pole on THIS day because he's better than the
>> others...
>>
>> ...that's a lot harder.
>>
>> :-)
>
> Argumentative twat!
>
> :)

To you, an honest assessment that suggests that things aren't quite so
black and white is "argumentative"?
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-27 00:31:52 UTC

Fuck you, cocksucker.
John
2018-08-26 20:53:44 UTC
Very good race, now on to Monza.

Took the break to remind us how awful the announce team is; one gets a bit numb to it week to week.