Liberty's ideas for F1 cost-savings
2018-02-07 14:10:18 UTC
Modestly paid grid girls replaced by pay-to-participate grid kids?

Pay-to-flag 'volunteers' next?
m***@gmail.com
2018-02-07 14:16:51 UTC

URL?
m***@gmail.com
2018-02-07 14:24:54 UTC

Apparently gridkids and a small number of family members get free passes for the race. That sort of money must have Ferrari shitting themselves.
m***@gmail.com
2018-02-07 16:47:51 UTC
Come to think of it, this makes zero difference. The teams get paid out of TV revenues. Ok... except part of Ferrari's backhander for being Ferrari. And they won't miss the cost of, say, 1600 tickets.

Cost cutting, as non-clueless fans know, is about reducing and controlling the cost of going racing. There are only 2 ways of doing that - regulations and an agreement between teams - and LM can force neither of those.
News
2018-02-07 17:08:22 UTC

Saves Liberty money, which is the short-sighted issue being addressed.
m***@gmail.com
2018-02-07 17:29:10 UTC

*IF* they're going to charge the grid kids more than the price of the tickets. But are they?
News
2018-02-07 17:57:32 UTC

And how much are they going to charge flaggers?
m***@gmail.com
2018-02-08 02:06:06 UTC

Do you mean marshals? If so then I have no reason to believe that's what they're going to do.
News
2018-02-08 02:36:28 UTC

It's coming.
keefy
2018-02-09 21:04:14 UTC
On 08/02/18 03:36, News wrote:
> On 2/7/2018 9:06 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:

>>> And how much are they going to charge flaggers?
>>
>> Do you mean marshals? If so then I have no reason to believe that's
>> what they're going to do.
>>

> It's coming.

I must have missed something as I thought your original point was that
LM will not have to pay the grid girls if they are not there; less money
going out = cost saving.