**2017 Pool** Race 10, British GP
Add Reply
Mark
2017-07-10 10:18:01 UTC
Please post your predictions for the GP in Great Britain before the start
of P1 on 14/07/2017. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.

Pole position:

P1:
P2:
P3:

There is a web page here where you can see the points/predictions as
they stand as well as looking at past competitions/scoring systems:

http://www.conmy.co.uk/f1/f1.cgi

Track (Silverstone) 14/07/2017 09:00 BST
Austin 14/07/2017 03:00 CDT
West Coast USA 14/07/2017 01:00 PDT
East Coast USA 14/07/2017 04:00 EDT
Ireland/Portugal/UK 14/07/2017 09:00 BST
Central Europe 14/07/2017 10:00 CEST
Most of Arabia 14/07/2017 11:00 AST
Most of Arabia 14/07/2017 11:00 AST
Russia/Oman/UAE 14/07/2017 12:00 GST
Russia/Oman/UAE 14/07/2017 12:00 GST
China 14/07/2017 16:00 CST
Japan/Korea 14/07/2017 17:00 JST
Perth 14/07/2017 16:00 AWST
Adelaide/Darwin 14/07/2017 17:30 ACST
Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 14/07/2017 18:00 AEST
New Zealand 14/07/2017 20:00 NZST
Russia 14/07/2017 11:00 MSK
Ukraine 14/07/2017 11:00 MSK
D Munz
2017-07-10 12:12:45 UTC
Pole position: VET

P1: VET
P2: RAI
P3: BOT
Hornplayer9599
2017-07-10 13:21:30 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Great Britain before the
start of P1 on 14/07/2017. Times for various timezones appear below,
but the cutoff is start of practice.
Pole: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: VET
--
I don’t judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality, gender,
ability, or size.
I base it on whether or not they’re an asshole.
Martin Harran
2017-07-10 14:08:03 UTC
Pole: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: VER
alister
2017-07-10 14:59:15 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Great Britain before the
start of P1 on 14/07/2017. Times for various timezones appear below,
but the cutoff is start of practice.
There is a web page here where you can see the points/predictions as
http://www.conmy.co.uk/f1/f1.cgi
Track (Silverstone) 14/07/2017 09:00 BST Austin
14/07/2017 03:00 CDT West Coast USA
14/07/2017 01:00 PDT East Coast USA 14/07/2017 04:00
EDT Ireland/Portugal/UK 14/07/2017 09:00 BST Central Europe
14/07/2017 10:00 CEST Most of Arabia
14/07/2017 11:00 AST Most of Arabia 14/07/2017 11:00
AST Russia/Oman/UAE 14/07/2017 12:00 GST
Russia/Oman/UAE 14/07/2017 12:00 GST China
14/07/2017 16:00 CST Japan/Korea
14/07/2017 17:00 JST Perth 14/07/2017 16:00
AWST Adelaide/Darwin 14/07/2017 17:30 ACST
Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 14/07/2017 18:00 AEST New Zealand
14/07/2017 20:00 NZST Russia
14/07/2017 11:00 MSK Ukraine 14/07/2017 11:00
MSK
Pole Ham
P1 Ham
p2 Bot
P3 Vet
--
"I just want to be a good engineer."
-- Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer, concluding his keynote
at the 1988 AppleFest
fnot
2017-07-10 19:09:46 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: BOT
Sreekumar A
2017-07-11 02:48:03 UTC
Pole position:HAM
P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: VET
Sreekumar
Naked Fame
2017-07-11 10:28:19 UTC
Pole position: BOT

P1: VET
P2: BOT
P3: RIC
Signature
Phil Carmody
2017-07-11 19:53:44 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Great Britain before the start
of P1 on 14/07/2017. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Pole position: HAM
P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: RIC

Cheers,
Phil
--
In order for there to be rights, there must be wrongs - if you want to
get rid of wrongs, which great leaders do, you *must* get rid of rights.
~misfit~
2017-07-12 01:34:45 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Phil Carmody wrote:

[snipped]
Where does your sig quote come from Phil?

"In order for there to be rights, there must be wrongs - if you want to
get rid of wrongs, which great leaders do, you *must* get rid of rights."

Google isn't forthcoming. I'm curious as it mixes two different meanings of
the word/s "right" and "rights" and really doesn't make sense from my PoV.

Cheers,

Phil Carmody
2017-07-12 11:18:04 UTC
[snipped]
Where does your sig quote come from Phil?
"In order for there to be rights, there must be wrongs - if you want to
get rid of wrongs, which great leaders do, you *must* get rid of rights."
Google isn't forthcoming. I'm curious as it mixes two different meanings of
the word/s "right" and "rights" and really doesn't make sense from my PoV.
Permit me a little vanity - I came up with it myself a month or so
ago, and it got enough sniggers that I considered it a keeper.
Indeed, the equivocation you spotted is deliberate and - whilst it
may shimmer with the illusion of having some sense by dint of being
parseable, for example - no meaningful sense was never intended.

Phil
.
2017-07-12 13:23:59 UTC
Post by Phil Carmody
Post by ~misfit~
[snipped]
Where does your sig quote come from Phil?
"In order for there to be rights, there must be wrongs - if you want to
get rid of wrongs, which great leaders do, you *must* get rid of rights."
Google isn't forthcoming. I'm curious as it mixes two different meanings of
the word/s "right" and "rights" and really doesn't make sense from my PoV.
Permit me a little vanity - I came up with it myself a month or so
ago, and it got enough sniggers that I considered it a keeper.
Indeed, the equivocation you spotted is deliberate and - whilst it
may shimmer with the illusion of having some sense by dint of being
parseable, for example - no meaningful sense was never intended.
Phil
Equivocation yet again? Check your sent folder, you use
it in most of your posts and always (so far) incorrectly.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/equivocation
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Phil Carmody
2017-07-13 11:03:17 UTC
Post by .
Post by Phil Carmody
Post by ~misfit~
[...]
If your only reference is that "living" dictionary, then
it's unsurprising you are so off the mark. The use of the
same word with different meanings each time is classic
equivocation.

Here's the first example from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivocation
A feather is light.
What is light cannot be dark.
Therefore, a feather cannot be dark.
Ooops, sorry, there were words longer than 5 letters, I hope it
wasn't above your reading skills.

Go read a book, please. One you don't have to colour in yourself.

Phil
.
2017-07-13 12:32:27 UTC
Post by Phil Carmody
Post by .
Post by Phil Carmody
Post by ~misfit~
[...]
From your own reference; "It is the misleading use of a term".
and
"A common case of equivocation is the fallacious use in a syllogism"

In common parlance it means to deceive.
Forgive me for using the Oxford English Dictionary for defining
a word you equivocating cock sucker.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
~misfit~
2017-07-13 13:25:35 UTC
Post by Phil Carmody
Post by .
Post by Phil Carmody
Post by ~misfit~
[...]
I am reminded of one of my favourite little sayings everytime I go to the
compost bin:

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

2017-07-13 13:56:53 UTC
Post by Phil Carmody
Post by .
Post by Phil Carmody
Post by ~misfit~
[...]
The cowardly narcissist publicly claims (no doubt falsely,
like everything else about the poseur) that he doesn't read
my posts (as if anyone could give a shit less about what
he does and doesn't read), but the phony can't begin to
bring himself to resist replying to posts directed at me.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
~misfit~
2017-07-13 05:41:08 UTC
Post by Phil Carmody
Post by ~misfit~
[snipped]
Where does your sig quote come from Phil?
"In order for there to be rights, there must be wrongs - if you want
to get rid of wrongs, which great leaders do, you *must* get rid of
rights."
Google isn't forthcoming. I'm curious as it mixes two different
meanings of the word/s "right" and "rights" and really doesn't make
sense from my PoV.
Permit me a little vanity - I came up with it myself a month or so
ago, and it got enough sniggers that I considered it a keeper.
Indeed, the equivocation you spotted is deliberate and - whilst it
may shimmer with the illusion of having some sense by dint of being
parseable, for example - no meaningful sense was never intended.
Phil
Fair enough. My curiousity was piqued is all. It sounds like a Trumpism. ;)

Cheers,

2017-07-12 01:36:41 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: RIC
P2: BOT
P3: HAM

Cheers,

peter
2017-07-12 04:15:25 UTC
Pole: HAM
P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: BOT

-peter
Sir Tim
2017-07-12 09:31:16 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: VET

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
Duddie
2017-07-12 12:48:30 UTC
POLE: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: BOT
FB
2017-07-13 02:40:25 UTC
Post by D Munz
Pole position: VET
P1: VET
P2: BOT
P3: RAI
FB
Mark
2017-07-13 08:15:26 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: BOT
Mark
2017-07-13 08:49:13 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Great Britain before the start
of P1 on 14/07/2017. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Less than a day to go, and I am waiting on:

Bruce Hoult
Ar
Mark Jackson
Jakub Barbasz
mairsz
News
ceg
EB5AGV
Jimbo
Brad
downhill
Hunter
Stephen Cole (currently default)
WeeBob (currently default)
Dave Baker (currently default)
JohnM (currently default)
Roman Figaj (currently default)

I have:

Entrant Pole 1 2 3
Mark HAM HAM VET BOT
Stephen Cole HAM VET HAM RAI (default)
D Munz VET VET RAI BOT
Alister HAM HAM BOT VET
Naked Fame BOT VET BOT RIC
Hornplayer9599 HAM HAM BOT VET
Martin Harran HAM HAM VET VER
Sir Tim HAM HAM BOT VET
Sreekumar A HAM HAM BOT VET
Shaun HAM RIC BOT HAM
Phil Carmody HAM HAM VET RIC
FB VET VET BOT RAI
WeeBob RAI RAI VET HAM (default)
fnot HAM HAM VET BOT
Dave Baker HAM HAM VET BOT (default)
Duddie HAM HAM VET BOT
peter HAM HAM VET BOT
JohnM HAM HAM VET BOT (default)
Roman Figaj HAM HAM BOT VET (default)
Bruce Hoult
P3: VER (nee VES)
Stephen Thomas Cole
2017-07-13 14:14:35 UTC
Pole position: HAM
P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: VET
--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Jimbo

P3: BOT
q***@gmail.com
2017-07-13 19:59:24 UTC
Pole position: Hamilton

P1: Hamilton
P2: Vettel
P3: Botas

Qbab (Jakub Barbasz)
Ar
2017-07-13 20:33:52 UTC
On 10/07/17 11:18, Mark wrote:

Pole position: Sebastian Vettel

P1: Sebastian Vettel
P2: Lewis Hamilton
P3: Valtteri Bottas
Mark Jackson
2017-07-13 22:02:17 UTC
Pole: Hamilton

P1: Hamilton
P2: Bottas
P3: Ricciardo
I believe I am right. And, if not right, plausible.
- Ignatius Donnelly
ceg
2017-07-14 04:38:01 UTC
Pisting for ceg...

Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: VET
mairsz
2017-07-14 04:40:19 UTC
Posting for mairsz...

Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: VET
Mark
2017-07-14 05:00:59 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Great Britain before the start
of P1 on 14/07/2017. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
I am waiting on:

Dave Baker (currently default)
WeeBob (currently default)