Saga latest - "Silverstone set to terminate GP contract after 2019 race"
m***@yahoo.co.uk
2017-07-10 21:42:54 UTC
BBC report - `"It has not definitively happened yet, but it is now almost certain that Silverstone will in the next few days exercise an option to end its contract to host the British Grand Prix after 2019. To those unversed in the long-running politics surrounding the race, this will sound like shocking and worrying news. To long-time observers, it will be met with a wearisome sigh - "Oh no, here we go again"' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40518666
Bigbird
2017-07-10 21:54:10 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
BBC report - `"It has not definitively happened yet, but it is now
almost certain that Silverstone will in the next few days exercise an
option to end its contract to host the British Grand Prix after 2019.
To those unversed in the long-running politics surrounding the race,
this will sound like shocking and worrying news. To long-time
observers, it will be met with a wearisome sigh - "Oh no, here we go
again"' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40518666
Exercise break; negotiate new contract with lesser annual bump. I think
everyone wants the deal so if they are sensible we won't even hear the
silly "it may not be possible" taunts, Bernie style.
Willsy
2017-07-11 13:20:22 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
BBC report - `"It has not definitively happened yet, but it is now almost certain that Silverstone will in the next few days exercise an option to end its contract to host the British Grand Prix after 2019. To those unversed in the long-running politics surrounding the race, this will sound like shocking and worrying news. To long-time observers, it will be met with a wearisome sigh - "Oh no, here we go again"' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40518666
Makes sense. They simply want a better deal, and they're hoping that the
new guys are easier to deal with than Bernie.
John
2017-07-11 18:37:17 UTC
Sad, so very sad; not that the track hasn't been mutilated but still sad.