Grosjean chucked out of Italian GP results
Add Reply
m***@yahoo.co.uk
2018-09-02 20:19:24 UTC
Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.
John
2018-09-02 20:40:40 UTC

Absurd, but that's F1.
News
2018-09-02 20:46:22 UTC

They wuz warned!
Sir Tim
2018-09-02 22:06:20 UTC
<***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an
> infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.

Can’t help a touch of schadenfreude. Since Haas and others tried to get
Force India excluded I’ve been rooting for them. This means that FI get 14
points for Monza.

keefy
2018-09-03 13:30:34 UTC
On 02/09/2018 22:19, ***@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.

What I do not understand is why these type of things are not picked up
in scrutineering. I thought the whole point of scrutineering was to
ensure the cars comply with the regulations. Does anyone know why this is?
DumbedDownUSA
2018-09-03 16:07:00 UTC
keefy wrote:

> On 02/09/2018 22:19, ***@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> >
> > Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an
> > infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.
> >
> What I do not understand is why these type of things are not picked
> up in scrutineering. I thought the whole point of scrutineering was
> to ensure the cars comply with the regulations. Does anyone know why
> this is?

They do not check every detail of the car during scrutineering and
apparently, according to this article, relied on another team
protesting in order to investigate.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138476/fia-haas-used-floor-it-knew-was-illegal

Trump averages eight falsehoods a day; how you doin'?
keefy
2018-09-03 19:59:06 UTC
On 03/09/2018 18:07, DumbedDownUSA wrote:
> keefy wrote:
>
>> On 02/09/2018 22:19, ***@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>>>
>>> Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an
>>> infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.
>>>
>> What I do not understand is why these type of things are not picked
>> up in scrutineering. I thought the whole point of scrutineering was
>> to ensure the cars comply with the regulations. Does anyone know why
>> this is?
>
> They do not check every detail of the car during scrutineering and
> apparently, according to this article, relied on another team
> protesting in order to investigate.
>
> https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138476/fia-haas-used-floor-it-knew-was-illegal

So in other words the rules are not important unless you score points?
Because what team will bother protesting another if they did not score
points? In this case nobody has mentioned Magnussen's car as far as I am
aware, but presumably he would have had the same "floor".
build
2018-09-04 03:31:11 UTC
On Monday, September 3, 2018 at 11:30:36 PM UTC+10, keefy wrote:
> On 02/09/2018 22:19, wrote:
> >
> > Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.
> >
> What I do not understand is why these type of things are not picked up
> in scrutineering.

It was "picked up" prior to Hungary. And, Haas were warned.