Paddy Lowe out?
2018-06-25 15:05:01 UTC
Had a row with Stroll Snr yesterday, following Jnrs blowout due to
running one set of tyres from lap 1. Lowe has disappeared, he didn't
write the team race notes after the race, which were left to Smedley.
Darryl Johnson
2018-06-25 16:21:31 UTC
Had a row with Stroll Snr yesterday, following Jnrs blowout due to
running one set of tyres from lap 1. Lowe has disappeared, he didn't
write the team race notes after the race, which were left to Smedley.
It was my impression that the blowout was caused by excessive
flatspotting of the tire at some point previous.

(Well, duh! Of course, previous. There wasn't enough left of the tire
to flatspot after the blowout. <g>)

I hardly think Paddy Lowe is directly responsible for Stroll's
braking. That's not to say that Williams isn't falling well behind in
every aspect I can think of, and that Paddy might be feeling the
pressure as a result.
M2T
2018-06-25 16:45:51 UTC
Post by Darryl Johnson
Post by M2T
Had a row with Stroll Snr yesterday, following Jnrs blowout due to
running one set of tyres from lap 1. Lowe has disappeared, he didn't
write the team race notes after the race, which were left to Smedley.
It was my impression that the blowout was caused by excessive
flatspotting of the tire at some point previous.
(Well, duh! Of course, previous. There wasn't enough left of the tire to
flatspot after the blowout. <g>)
I hardly think Paddy Lowe is directly responsible for Stroll's braking.
That's not to say that Williams isn't falling well behind in every
aspect I can think of, and that Paddy might be feeling the pressure as a
result.
Earlier in the year, Lowe was bigging up Williams with a lot of the kind
of bullshit we've been hearing from McLaren over the years. Column
inches don't win races.

BTW, Channel 4 are putting on a 'race' between Guy Martin and Jenson
Button at Silverstone during the F1 weekend. Both are racing old
Williams cars, one of which Guy Martin has been helping to rebuild. The
programme will air later in the year, subject to the pair not crashing
the extremely valuable cars.
Post by Darryl Johnson
https://www.pitpass.com/62027/Button-to-race-Guy-Martin-in-1983-Williams-six-wheeler