McLaren is screwed.
2017-07-19 09:55:08 UTC
McLaren is screwed.
Understandably neither Mercedes nor Ferrari wants to see McLaren with a somewhat
competitive engine so both refused to provide a PU for the coming years.

That leaves them to talking with Renault only.
Although I said what I expected from Honda in 2014, which wasn’t much, they doing
even worse, a lot worse even, so Mclaren shouldn't wait for these clowns any longer.

Hasegawa had to a brilliant idea this week, he/they are going to investigate the
fuel (pump) problem, absolutely brilliant!
Pity Hasegawa or his team did not think of that the first the second the firth
fifth of the forty fifth time they had a similar problem.
What a jokers!

Edmund
Willsy
2017-07-19 13:10:34 UTC
Post by Edmund
McLaren is screwed.
Understandably neither Mercedes nor Ferrari wants to see McLaren with a somewhat
competitive engine so both refused to provide a PU for the coming years.
That leaves them to talking with Renault only.
Although I said what I expected from Honda in 2014, which wasn’t much, they doing
even worse, a lot worse even, so Mclaren shouldn't wait for these clowns any longer.
Hasegawa had to a brilliant idea this week, he/they are going to investigate the
fuel (pump) problem, absolutely brilliant!
Pity Hasegawa or his team did not think of that the first the second the firth
fifth of the forty fifth time they had a similar problem.
What a jokers!
Edmund
Right. And Ron Dennis *knew* the writing was on the wall, which is
why he sold all his shares and exited stage left. He must be laughing
his ass off.

Hindsight reveals that he was probably right all along: He always
advocated staying with Honda because he knew damn well that there was
no chance of getting a Ferrari or Mercedes engine, or if they did
it would be last seasons old boiler, and they'd be running around
with Torro Rosso in the lower quarter of the field, which is where
they are now (when the car is actually able to finish a race).

So, I guess they are stuck with Honda, which is what he said all
along. He got ousted from McLaren for "stubbornly" maintaining that
stance, but it's beginning to look like he was right.

Meanwhile, he's gone fishing, leaving the other McLaren shareholders
with the carcass of a once great team and marque.
.
2017-07-19 13:19:47 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by Edmund
[...]
What an idiot, and I'm not referring to Dennis.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Bobster
2017-07-19 15:51:03 UTC
Post by Willsy
Right. And Ron Dennis *knew* the writing was on the wall, which is
why he sold all his shares and exited stage left. He must be laughing
his ass off.
No. He was forced out by the other partners. He'd tried to get backing to buy the others out - but failed.
Post by Willsy
Hindsight reveals that he was probably right all along: He always
advocated staying with Honda because he knew damn well that there was
no chance of getting a Ferrari or Mercedes engine, or if they did
it would be last seasons old boiler, and they'd be running around
with Torro Rosso in the lower quarter of the field, which is where
they are now (when the car is actually able to finish a race).
Dennis wanted to go to somebody other than Renault, Ferrari and Merc because he believed that there was no way to win championships unless you had the PU designed to your requirements. He knew that Merc and Ferrari and a works Renault team would have an advantage. So he decided to look elsewhere for a PU.