Ganassi and Andretti Teams, Possibly Others As Well, Interested in Signing Alonso to 2018 Indy Car Contract
2017-09-04 13:29:14 UTC
Bring it!

http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/least-two-indycar-teams-interested-f1-driver-fernando-alonso
.
2017-09-04 13:39:51 UTC
Bring it!
http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/least-two-indycar-teams-interested-f1-driver-fernando-alonso
Alonso, relegated to the ranks of the lowest remuneration in
open wheel championship racing. Even the low bar, laughable
NASCAR (although it's not even OW) pays much, much more.

I hear that the local demolition derby promoter is also interested
and promising a guaranteed appearance fee of $1K.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
bra
2017-09-04 17:51:40 UTC
But the RACING is still racing and the competition demands great skill. No shame for Alonso to practise his art there.
Bobster
2017-09-04 18:03:23 UTC
Post by .
Alonso, relegated to the ranks of the lowest remuneration in
open wheel championship racing. Even the low bar, laughable
NASCAR (although it's not even OW) pays much, much more.
But the RACING is still racing and the competition demands great skill. No shame for Alonso to practise his art there.
I recall Eddie Jordan making a play for Senna on the basis that he had a seat, Senna hadn't announced any plans and he might say yes and the worst he can say is no.

So, yes, of course there are Indy teams who'd be interested in signing Alonso. They'd probably be interested in Hamilton and Vettel too.
.
2017-09-04 18:29:20 UTC
Post by .
Alonso, relegated to the ranks of the lowest remuneration in
open wheel championship racing. Even the low bar, laughable
NASCAR (although it's not even OW) pays much, much more.
But the RACING is still racing and the competition demands great skill. No shame for Alonso to practise his art there.
I recall Eddie Jordan making a play for Senna on the basis that he had a seat, Senna hadn't announced any plans and he might say yes and the worst he can say is no.
EVERYONE was interested in offering Senna a seat; but
Senna said no to most, including Jordan, not to mention
punching Eddie in the face.
Post by Bobster
So, yes, of course there are Indy teams who'd be interested in signing Alonso. They'd probably be interested in Hamilton and Vettel too.
And Valtteri, Kimi, Daniel, Max, Esteban, Lance, Stoffel ...

Indycar has a history of offering their 1st tier seats to drivers
whose career has run its course in F1. The opposite direction
is almost as rare as locating an aviary dentist.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
.
2017-09-04 18:22:18 UTC
Post by .
Alonso, relegated to the ranks of the lowest remuneration in
open wheel championship racing. Even the low bar, laughable
NASCAR (although it's not even OW) pays much, much more.
But the RACING is still racing
So is the Demolition Derby and a three legged race.
Post by bra
and the competition demands great skill.
Outside of governmental contracting, few enterprises anywhere
have anything remotely close to the competition and budget as
that found in F1.
Post by bra
No shame for Alonso to practise his art there.
Albeit an inarguable *BIG* step down in competition, reward and respect.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
News
2017-09-04 20:30:11 UTC
Post by .
Alonso, relegated to the ranks of the lowest remuneration in
open wheel championship racing. Even the low bar, laughable
NASCAR (although it's not even OW) pays much, much more.
But the RACING is still racing and the competition demands great skill. No shame for Alonso to practise his art there.
Surely, dotty can personally clear that very low bar. Right, dotty?