Todt should "answer questions"
2017-07-06 17:45:49 UTC
Hamilton: Todt should "answer questions" over FIA's Vettel call
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-hamilton-vettel-todt-decision-927190
By: Jonathan Noble, Formula 1 Editor

Lewis Hamilton believes FIA president Jean Todt should “answer some
questions” about why Sebastian Vettel was not further sanctioned for the
potential damage his actions in Baku could have on the sport.

Although Hamilton said on Thursday he accepted an apology from Vettel
over their clash behind the safety car in Azerbaijan, he also made it
clear he stands by claims that Vettel not being punished more severely
sent a bad message out for the younger generation.

Asked in Austria about whether he had revised his opinion in the wake of
the FIA decision on Monday to not take the matter further, Hamilton
said: “I don’t think anything changes, so my opinion stays the same.

“With all due respect, Jean should be sitting next to us to answer some
questions perhaps, because I think they didn’t change anything on the
Monday. So the message that was sent still remains the same.”

Pushed to say whether he regretted saying Vettel had ‘disgraced’ himself
amid high emotions after the race, the Mercedes driver replied: “I don’t
feel I was particularly upset after the race. If I was upset it was for
other reasons.

“I don’t feel I said anything that I particularly wish to take back, but
I still have the same opinion of what happened. It is water under the
bridge now, we move forwards, we spoke about it, so there is no point
saying much more.”

Vettel has reiterated his regret about what happened, after saying that
he overreacted to the mistaken belief that Hamilton had brake-tested him.

“It was the wrong move, wrong decision, it was the wrong move to drive
alongside him and hit his tyre,” said Vettel.

“That is what you all want to hear about, but there is not much more to
say. At the time I was surprised. It felt that Lewis hit the brakes and
I couldn’t stop running into his car.

“I also said in the statement and said afterwards, I don’t think there
is any bad intention so I don’t think he actually brake-tested me. At
the time I read it like that.

“I was surprised and hence why I was obviously upset and overreacted. Am
I proud of the moment? No. Can I take it back? No. Do I regret it? Yes.
But I don’t think we need to drag it out any longer.”

“I never had the intention to hurt him”

Although the FIA has faced criticisms for not dealing with Vettel more
harshly, the German hit back at suggestions he had got off lightly for
what happened in Baku.

“I got a penalty,” he said. “The race potentially was handed to me, with
the fault or technical problem that Lewis’ car had with headrest. You
can believe me that I wasn’t happy at all after race.

"I finished fourth, I could have won the race, I don’t need to tell you
how many points difference that is.

“I said also, to him, that I never had the intention to hurt him, it is
not like I tried to punch him… I overreacted.

“The intention at that moment wasn’t to hurt him or damage his car, it
was at low speed. But looking back it was the wrong thing to do. It was
dangerous plus it was unnecessary because it didn’t win me anything.”
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
News
2017-07-06 17:55:54 UTC
Reaffirming HAM's World Whinging Champion title...
Bigbird
2017-07-06 18:32:12 UTC
Post by .
Hamilton: Todt should "answer questions" over FIA's Vettel call
Reaffirming HAM's World Whinging Champion title...
Reaffirming your "Group Whinging About Hamilton Championship" runner up
status.
Edmund
2017-07-06 18:40:08 UTC
Post by .
[...]
He should ask his daddy to step in..... again :-)

Edmund
FB
2017-07-06 19:52:15 UTC
"." <***@dot.com> dumped news:ojlt00$e2d$***@gioia.aioe.org...
(snip)
Vettel not being punished more severely sent a bad message out for the
younger generation.
what sends a bad message is Louise's behavior...

in Monaco when he brought champagne to Justin Bieber he gave F1 the most
homomoerotic moment since Senna mourning his late husband...

FB
Bigbird
2017-07-06 20:29:56 UTC
Post by FB
(snip)
Vettel not being punished more severely sent a bad message out for
the younger generation.
what sends a bad message is Louise's behavior...
in Monaco when he brought champagne to Justin Bieber he gave F1 the
most homomoerotic moment since Senna mourning his late husband...
FB
"homomoerotic" that's must be very niche. Is that where mothers of
homosexuals get it on?
.
2017-07-06 20:44:26 UTC
Post by FB
(snip)
Vettel not being punished more severely sent a bad message out for the
younger generation.
what sends a bad message is Louise's behavior...
in Monaco when he brought champagne to Justin Bieber he gave F1 the most
homomoerotic moment since Senna mourning his late husband...
FB
Let me guess, and you're jealous.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
~misfit~
2017-07-07 05:04:46 UTC
Post by FB
(snip)
Vettel not being punished more severely sent a bad message out for
the younger generation.
what sends a bad message is Louise's behavior...
How retro! Feminising male names brings back memories of pre-teen 'wit'.
Post by FB
in Monaco when he brought champagne to Justin Bieber he gave F1 the
most homomoerotic moment since Senna mourning his late husband...
Who? I took zero notice of it. I am interested in F1 for .... wait for
it.... RACING!!!!!

There's nothing to suggest that either Bieber or Hamilton are homosexual, but so what if either of them are? A gay Hamilton would still be a 3 x WDC and one of the finest race drivers of his generation. Bieber would still have had all those hits.
geoff
2017-07-07 12:08:43 UTC
Post by FB
(snip)
Vettel not being punished more severely sent a bad message out for the
younger generation.
what sends a bad message is Louise's behavior...
in Monaco when he brought champagne to Justin Bieber he gave F1 the most
homomoerotic moment since Senna mourning his late husband...
FB
There's nothing to suggest that either Bieber or Hamilton are homosexual, but so what if either of them are? A gay Hamilton would still be a 3 x WDC and one of the finest race drivers of his generation. Bieber would still have had all those hits.
I've heard that ALO fancies HAM's firm arse, but HAM prefers women.