Indycar's Pocono race is today 8-19-2018.
a425couple
2018-08-19 16:07:07 UTC
While F1 is still on it's vacation, motor race fans
might choose to watch Indycar.
The Pocono race track is unique, and very often
gives an interesting, entertaining, and quality race.
Pocono looks like an oval, but since it's 3 turns
are all different, it races like a road course,
that has a lot of passing (no momentum killing
chicanes).

Scott Dixon is leading for the championship,
but it is still close enough.

For an overview of the season
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_IndyCar_Series

For more about Pocono
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocono_Raceway
a425couple
2018-08-19 19:08:34 UTC
On 8/19/2018 9:07 AM, a425couple wrote:
> While F1 is still on it's vacation, motor race fans
> might choose to watch Indycar.
> The Pocono race track is unique, and very often
> gives an interesting, entertaining, and quality race.
> Pocono looks like an oval, but since it's 3 turns
> are all different, it races like a road course,
> that has a lot of passing (no momentum killing
> chicanes).
>
> Scott Dixon is leading for the championship,
> but it is still close enough.
>
> For an overview of the season
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_IndyCar_Series
>
> For more about Pocono
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocono_Raceway

A fair number of the prior races at Pocono have
been fun.
Track is kind of like the pre 1972 Monza.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza

But this year, problems in qualifying, no doubt had
some effect on people's minds. Stupid incidents have
made for a couple ugly problems. Ugly, ugly, ugly!
Dan the Man
2018-08-19 20:15:12 UTC

Good news is it sounds like everyone survived that ugly crash after the re-start. Robert Wickens spinning like a top reminded me of Dan Wheldon's fatal wreck.
M2T
2018-08-19 20:37:09 UTC
On 19/08/2018 21:15, Dan the Man wrote:

> Good news is it sounds like everyone survived that ugly crash after the re-start. Robert Wickens spinning like a top reminded me of Dan Wheldon's fatal wreck.

Good ?

Wickens airlifted to hospital after vicious shunt at Pocono
Sir Tim
2018-08-19 21:18:11 UTC
M2T <***@HomX.com> wrote:
> On 19/08/2018 21:15, Dan the Man wrote:
>

>> Good news is it sounds like everyone survived that ugly crash after the
>> re-start. Robert Wickens spinning like a top reminded me of Dan Wheldon's fatal wreck.
>>

> Good ?
>
> Wickens airlifted to hospital after vicious shunt at Pocono

But “awake and alert” according to reports.

Wasn’t Pocono where Justin Wilson lost his life?

2018-08-19 21:56:52 UTC
On 19/08/2018 22:18, Sir Tim wrote:
> M2T <***@HomX.com> wrote:
>> On 19/08/2018 21:15, Dan the Man wrote:
>>

>>> Good news is it sounds like everyone survived that ugly crash after the
>>> re-start. Robert Wickens spinning like a top reminded me of Dan Wheldon's fatal wreck.
>>>

>> Good ?
>>
>> Wickens airlifted to hospital after vicious shunt at Pocono
>
> But “awake and alert” according to reports.
>
> Wasn’t Pocono where Justin Wilson lost his life?

Yes.