Honeybadger says sayonara to RB
2018-08-03 11:22:38 UTC
... but no word to where yet.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/45056366

(pretty much a placeholder right now)
Bruce Hoult
2018-08-03 11:26:37 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
... but no word to where yet.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/45056366
(pretty much a placeholder right now)
I'd thought both drivers were locked in at Mercedes and Ferrari, but why would he go anywhere else unless offered mega $$$$$$$ to drive in the midfield?
Bruce Hoult
2018-08-03 11:29:48 UTC
The buzz on the net seems to think it's to Renault. Crazy. Would love to see him go and teach finger boy how to drive. Again.
M2T
2018-08-03 12:07:46 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by Bruce Hoult
... but no word to where yet.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/45056366
(pretty much a placeholder right now)
The buzz on the net seems to think it's to Renault. Crazy. Would love to see him go and teach finger boy how to drive. Again.
He's a fucking drama queen. He's forever moaning about the reliability
of the Renault engines. It's all about the money, 'cos he's not made a
Hamiliton like decision when he moved from McLaren to Mercedes.
larkim
2018-08-03 12:42:38 UTC
Renault confirmed destination.
Willsy
2018-08-03 12:48:01 UTC
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?

Thoughts?
M2T
2018-08-03 13:15:15 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Alonso

Eddy's been on the phone all morning.
Sir Tim
2018-08-03 22:09:26 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Alonso
Eddy's been on the phone all morning.
LOL

Can’t see it though - would RBR really want an ageing prima-donna who is
already flirting with WEC and Indycar and who might disrupt their young
hotshoe? Would Fred really want to drive a Honda-powered car again?
Nando knows he is the best, arrogant? definitely, prima-donna? far from it.
Sir Tim
2018-08-04 07:56:26 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Alonso
Eddy's been on the phone all morning.
LOL
Can’t see it though - would RBR really want an ageing prima-donna who is
already flirting with WEC and Indycar and who might disrupt their young
hotshoe? Would Fred really want to drive a Honda-powered car again?
Nando knows he is the best, arrogant? definitely, prima-donna? far from it.
Yep, he’s still good (like Kimi) but he’s of a fading generation. The
future lies with the young hard chargers - Verstappen, Gasly, Ocon, Leclerc
et al
2018-08-04 08:18:05 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Alonso
Eddy's been on the phone all morning.
LOL
Can’t see it though - would RBR really want an ageing prima-donna who is
already flirting with WEC and Indycar and who might disrupt their young
hotshoe? Would Fred really want to drive a Honda-powered car again?
Nando knows he is the best, arrogant? definitely, prima-donna? far from it.
Yep, he’s still good (like Kimi) but he’s of a fading generation.
We don't know what is left of Alfonzie, he didn't drive a F1 car
for far too many years.
Post by Sir Tim
The future lies with the young hard chargers - Verstappen, Gasly, Ocon, Leclerc
et al
Probably, those artificial champions are created by the teams who
decide who become champions.
Never mind who is the better driver, RBullshit pays Mr Crash
far more then the guy who beat him.

2018-08-04 09:17:39 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Alonso
Eddy's been on the phone all morning.
LOL
Can’t see it though - would RBR really want an ageing prima-donna who is
already flirting with WEC and Indycar and who might disrupt their young
hotshoe? Would Fred really want to drive a Honda-powered car again?
Nando knows he is the best, arrogant? definitely, prima-donna? far from it.
Yep, he’s still good (like Kimi) but he’s of a fading generation.
We don't know what is left of Alfonzie, he didn't drive a F1 car
for far too many years.
I certainly agree, but whose fault was that?
Post by Edmund
Post by Sir Tim
The future lies with the young hard chargers - Verstappen, Gasly, Ocon, Leclerc
et al
Probably, those artificial champions are created by the teams who
decide who become champions.
Never mind who is the better driver, RBullshit pays Mr Crash
far more then the guy who beat him.
There are few advantages in growing old but one is that you have seen it
all before: Surtees was regarded as a dangerous crasher when he moved to
cars; Ickx was undoubtedly going to kill himself before he could even reach
F1; Mansell didn’t have the talent to make it to the top and as for that
young whippersnapper Ayrton Senna, he *really* upset the senior drivers!
2018-08-04 09:54:24 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Alonso
Eddy's been on the phone all morning.
LOL
Can’t see it though - would RBR really want an ageing prima-donna who is
already flirting with WEC and Indycar and who might disrupt their young
hotshoe? Would Fred really want to drive a Honda-powered car again?
Nando knows he is the best, arrogant? definitely, prima-donna? far from it.
Yep, he’s still good (like Kimi) but he’s of a fading generation.
We don't know what is left of Alfonzie, he didn't drive a F1 car
for far too many years.
I certainly agree, but whose fault was that?
Well I have an idea about that but according to you no doubt it must
be Alosonso's fault. Of course he did a lousy job in engineering the
Ferrari PU for many years and his job at the Honda factory was
shameful right?
Post by Sir Tim
Post by Edmund
Post by Sir Tim
The future lies with the young hard chargers - Verstappen, Gasly, Ocon, Leclerc
et al
Probably, those artificial champions are created by the teams who
decide who become champions.
Never mind who is the better driver, RBullshit pays Mr Crash
far more then the guy who beat him.
There are few advantages in growing old but one is that you have seen it
all before: Surtees was regarded as a dangerous crasher when he moved to
cars; Ickx was undoubtedly going to kill himself before he could even reach
F1; Mansell didn’t have the talent to make it to the top and as for that
young whippersnapper Ayrton Senna, he *really* upset the senior drivers!
Well I was aiming at mad max and Ricciardo and the Marco who like
to pay the selfish crashing Max more then Ricciaro.
About the hero Senna: I remember him taking out Mansell on purpose
because he could not overtake him.

I cannot find it on youtube unfortunately.

2018-08-04 10:17:55 UTC

Is my Google Fu better than yours?
M2T
2018-08-03 22:58:45 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Alonso
Eddy's been on the phone all morning.
LOL
Can’t see it though - would RBR really want an ageing prima-donna who is
already flirting with WEC and Indycar and who might disrupt their young
hotshoe? Would Fred really want to drive a Honda-powered car again?
I've just read this in thread about surprising driver moves in F1
Post by Sir Tim
Stuck in a crap car with no chance of a podium.
Losing the Indy 500 to a former Super Aguri driver because a Honda engine blew up.
Winning Le-Man's as a great triumph along with a guy who's struggling to keep his Super Aguri seat and another who's never had a podium.
Mr Dennis well and truly plotted his revenge.
Edmund
2018-08-04 13:36:00 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Alonso
Eddy's been on the phone all morning.
LOL
Can’t see it though - would RBR really want an ageing prima-donna who is
already flirting with WEC and Indycar and who might disrupt their young
hotshoe? Would Fred really want to drive a Honda-powered car again?
I've just read this in thread about surprising driver moves in F1
Post by Sir Tim
Actually, having thought about it for a while, scratch Alonso from the
Stuck in a crap car with no chance of a podium.
Losing the Indy 500 to a former Super Aguri driver because a Honda engine blew up.
Winning Le-Man's as a great triumph along with a guy who's struggling
to keep his Super Aguri seat and another who's never had a podium.
Mr Dennis well and truly plotted his revenge.
I don't want to waste your fantasy ,well actually I do :-)
As Mr Dennis himself stated, it was his spoiled "stepson"
who initiated the 100M fine.

2018-08-04 15:40:42 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Sir Tim
Actually, having thought about it for a while, scratch Alonso
Stuck in a crap car with no chance of a podium.
Losing the Indy 500 to a former Super Aguri driver because a
Honda engine blew up. Winning Le-Man's as a great triumph along
with a guy who's struggling to keep his Super Aguri seat and
another who's never had a podium.
Mr Dennis well and truly plotted his revenge.
I don't want to waste your fantasy ,well actually I do :-)
As Mr Dennis himself stated, it was his spoiled "stepson"
who initiated the 100M fine.
Let's cut the preamble and get straight to the truth.

You are a lying sack of shit.

Your favourite driver cheated, he was part of the conspiracy and
effectively blew the whistle on his co-conspirators by threatening
blackmail.
M2T
2018-08-04 15:59:50 UTC
We all know you're a stupid cunt. Now we know you're a lying stupid cunt.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-04 17:05:26 UTC
We all know you're a stupid cunt.
When you say 'we'.
Do you mean rotten toothed, pasty white,
sickly looking, sheep fucking,
british homosexuals?
Willsy
2018-08-05 18:44:28 UTC
In Alonso's dreams, maybe.
Heiner Hass
2018-08-05 19:05:40 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by M2T
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Alonso
Eddy's been on the phone all morning.
In Alonso's dreams, maybe.
no way. Marko likes his toyboys much younger.

HH
~misfit~
2018-08-03 14:07:13 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Has to be Sainz surely? Renault confirmed Ricciardo and Hulkenberg for 2019.

2018-08-03 14:26:41 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Has to be Sainz surely? Renault confirmed Ricciardo and Hulkenberg for 2019.
There were big problems between Sainz and the Boy Wonder when they were
at Toro Rosso. It's unlikely they will ever be in the same team again.
Sir Tim
Sainz to McLaren maybe?
M2T
That is the rumour, for what it's worth.
Sir Tim
Team Espana :-)
~misfit~
2018-08-03 22:53:55 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Has to be Sainz surely? Renault confirmed Ricciardo and Hulkenberg for 2019.
There were big problems between Sainz and the Boy Wonder when they
were at Toro Rosso. It's unlikely they will ever be in the same team
again.
So children rather than professional racing drivers then? Got it.

Would RB want to be party to another Rosberg/Hamilton farce?
~misfit~
2018-08-04 13:57:26 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Has to be Sainz surely? Renault confirmed Ricciardo and Hulkenberg for 2019.
There were big problems between Sainz and the Boy Wonder when they
were at Toro Rosso. It's unlikely they will ever be in the same team
again.
So children rather than professional racing drivers then? Got it.
Would RB want to be party to another Rosberg/Hamilton farce?
Rosbergs retired, that ship's sailed.

2018-08-03 21:43:17 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Gasly surely?
2018-08-03 23:00:20 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Gasly surely?
Maybe. But he's just as likely to beat Max as Dan was. What Gasly lacks in
skill and experience he makes up for by being very lucky. RBR have basically
sent out the message that Max is their number 1 driver by retaining him for
a long term highly paid contract (and not matching the pay with Dan). Surely
that will mean he'll want a number 2 along side of him (and have the
influence to make sure of it)?

If I were RBR I would have been hesitant to totally commit to a driver who
shows flashes of brilliance but is erratic. Too late now...

2018-08-04 08:09:02 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Gasly surely?
Maybe. But he's just as likely to beat Max as Dan was. What Gasly lacks in
skill and experience he makes up for by being very lucky.
A bit of luck, or lack of it, can often mean the difference between success
and failure. I think Gasly has plenty of talent but, obviously, lacks
experience. What he *does* have is experience of working with the Honda
engine. Could be valuable to RBR maybe?

RBR have basically
Post by ~misfit~
sent out the message that Max is their number 1 driver by retaining him for
a long term highly paid contract (and not matching the pay with Dan). Surely
that will mean he'll want a number 2 along side of him (and have the
influence to make sure of it)?
If I were RBR I would have been hesitant to totally commit to a driver who
shows flashes of brilliance but is erratic.
Exactly what the pundits all said about Ayrton Senna
Post by ~misfit~
Too late now...
2018-08-04 13:56:41 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by larkim
Renault confirmed destination.
Who's on for taking the empty RB seat?
Thoughts?
Gasly surely?
Maybe. But he's just as likely to beat Max as Dan was. What Gasly
lacks in skill and experience he makes up for by being very lucky.
A bit of luck, or lack of it, can often mean the difference between
success and failure. I think Gasly has plenty of talent but,
obviously, lacks experience. What he *does* have is experience of
working with the Honda engine. Could be valuable to RBR maybe?
The driver turns the wheel, switches thereon and presses pedals. I don't
think Gasly's experience with Honda is worth a hill of beans.
Post by Sir Tim
RBR have basically
Post by ~misfit~
sent out the message that Max is their number 1 driver by retaining
him for a long term highly paid contract (and not matching the pay
with Dan). Surely that will mean he'll want a number 2 along side of
him (and have the influence to make sure of it)?
If I were RBR I would have been hesitant to totally commit to a
driver who shows flashes of brilliance but is erratic.
Exactly what the pundits all said about Ayrton Senna
.. and likely many other drivers.

Do you really think Verstappen is heir to Senna's mantle or are you just
being contrary?

2018-08-04 16:48:32 UTC
Do you really think Verstappen is heir to Senna's mantle or are you just
being contrary?
I think it is far too early to say but I certainly wouldn’t rule it out.

Max seems to me to have much the same sort of ability that Senna had. Both
went through a period of supreme self-confidence, which was shattered when
they came up against drivers who could beat them. The result, for both of
them, was that they began to try too hard, overdrive and often crash. Senna
had the advantage that he could get that phase out of the way while he was
still in F3 whereas Verstappen, because he was promoted so rapidly, has had
to do it in the full glare of international scrutiny.
2018-08-03 21:18:29 UTC
Renault confirmed destination.
Yeah. They must be paying a lot more than RB was.

It must have rankled that Verstappen got paid so much more despite having consistently worse results.
M2T
2018-08-03 23:02:09 UTC
Where do RB sell most of their poison ?
Bruce Hoult
2018-08-04 05:09:48 UTC
Renault confirmed destination.
And it seems like the Hulk is confirmed as the other driver.

I don't think Dan holds any F1 driver records, but Nico does.
build
2018-08-03 22:18:17 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by Bruce Hoult
... but no word to where yet.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/45056366
(pretty much a placeholder right now)
The buzz on the net seems to think it's to Renault. Crazy. Would love to see him go and teach finger boy how to drive. Again.
Bruce,

Renault makes more sense than the mega millions offered by RBR. I'll post the reasons for Dans move later but basically Renault's presentation offered a better shot at the WDC.

RBR will go with Gasly - Max.

Will Carlos accept a demotion to STR?, not if he can avoid it.

STR are in a deep black hole as they had dropped Hartley, dare I hope, my fingers are crossed?

beers,
M2T
2018-08-03 23:03:38 UTC
I'll post the reasons for Dans move later
Shit or get off the pot, you drunken waffling twat
Sir Tim
2018-08-04 08:10:27 UTC
I'll post the reasons for Dans move later
Shit or get off the pot, you drunken waffling twat
I don’t think he realizes how didactic he sounds :-(
2018-08-03 11:42:19 UTC
Typical Aussie - fucking drama queen.
keithr
2018-08-07 19:53:37 UTC