Discussion:
Ross Brawn's 2021 concept car - leaked
Add Reply
M2T
2018-09-13 09:52:42 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
Brawn produced the vision for the new look grand prix car in a 'Tech
Talk' seminar that had been put on by race organisers in Singapore on
Wednesday night.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6PVBjWwAER0Ab.jpg:small

Note that it's in full Ferrari colours.
Alan Baker
2018-09-13 14:46:21 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
On 2018-09-13 2:52 AM, M2T wrote:
>
> Brawn produced the vision for the new look grand prix car in a 'Tech
> Talk' seminar that had been put on by race organisers in Singapore on
> Wednesday night.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6PVBjWwAER0Ab.jpg:small
>
> Note that it's in full Ferrari colours.
>

I'd rather note that you don't know how to post that link very well.

To anyone who'd like to see a larger version...

...just remove the ":small" at the end.
larkim
2018-09-13 15:06:36 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thursday, 13 September 2018 10:52:44 UTC+1, M2T wrote:
> Brawn produced the vision for the new look grand prix car in a 'Tech
> Talk' seminar that had been put on by race organisers in Singapore on
> Wednesday night.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6PVBjWwAER0Ab.jpg:small
>
> Note that it's in full Ferrari colours.

Looking increasingly like a hybrid of Formula E & Indy.

Ferrari colours are the most famous F1 livery out there, I wouldn't be
reading anything at all into the colour scheme.
News
2018-09-13 15:22:11 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
On 9/13/2018 11:06 AM, larkim wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 September 2018 10:52:44 UTC+1, M2T wrote:
>> Brawn produced the vision for the new look grand prix car in a 'Tech
>> Talk' seminar that had been put on by race organisers in Singapore on
>> Wednesday night.
>>
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6PVBjWwAER0Ab.jpg:small
>>
>> Note that it's in full Ferrari colours.
>
> Looking increasingly like a hybrid of Formula E & Indy.
>
> Ferrari colours are the most famous F1 livery out there, I wouldn't be
> reading anything at all into the colour scheme.
>


WGAS about 'the look'? What's the objective?
keefy
2018-09-13 19:49:39 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
On 13/09/2018 17:22, News wrote:
> On 9/13/2018 11:06 AM, larkim wrote:
>> On Thursday, 13 September 2018 10:52:44 UTC+1, M2T  wrote:
>>> Brawn produced the vision for the new look grand prix car in a 'Tech
>>> Talk' seminar that had been put on by race organisers in Singapore on
>>> Wednesday night.
>>>
>>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6PVBjWwAER0Ab.jpg:small
>>>
>>> Note that it's in full Ferrari colours.
>>
>> Looking increasingly like a hybrid of Formula E & Indy.
>>
>> Ferrari colours are the most famous F1 livery out there, I wouldn't be
>> reading anything at all into the colour scheme.
>>
>
>
> WGAS about 'the look'? What's the objective?

I find it difficult to believe you do not know what the objective is. I
think you will have heard it is difficult to follow another car or
overtake it due to the aerodynamic design of the cars. Hence Ross
Brawn's idea of a better design for racing.
News
2018-09-13 19:56:08 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
On 9/13/2018 3:49 PM, keefy wrote:
> On 13/09/2018 17:22, News wrote:
>> On 9/13/2018 11:06 AM, larkim wrote:
>>> On Thursday, 13 September 2018 10:52:44 UTC+1, M2T  wrote:
>>>> Brawn produced the vision for the new look grand prix car in a 'Tech
>>>> Talk' seminar that had been put on by race organisers in Singapore on
>>>> Wednesday night.
>>>>
>>>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6PVBjWwAER0Ab.jpg:small
>>>>
>>>> Note that it's in full Ferrari colours.
>>>
>>> Looking increasingly like a hybrid of Formula E & Indy.
>>>
>>> Ferrari colours are the most famous F1 livery out there, I wouldn't be
>>> reading anything at all into the colour scheme.
>>>
>>
>>
>> WGAS about 'the look'? What's the objective?
>
> I find it difficult to believe you do not know what the objective is. I
> think you will have heard it is difficult to follow another car or
> overtake it due to the aerodynamic design of the cars. Hence Ross
> Brawn's idea of a better design for racing.

Good luck with that. Center Downforce Wing comes to mind.
larkim
2018-09-14 06:07:04 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
Given that half the comments at the start of the season are usually about how “fast” a car looks, or how “ugly” they are etc, I reckon plenty of F1 followers do GAS about how it looks.

Me - I broadly don’t care, was just making an observation about it. You’re right, it’s th objective of regulated design elements that is key.
Loading...