**2018 Pool** Other Drivers and Constructors Championship predictions
Mark
2018-03-20 09:57:42 UTC
As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
winners will be before wheels turn in anger...

...but we have a problem. So far we have 17 predictions but only 5
variations:

Hamilton/Mercedes: 9 people
Vettel/Ferrari : 4 people
Vettel/Mercedes : 2 people
Verstappen/RBR : 2 people
Alonso/McLaren : 1 lunatic ;-)

So...I am going to propose that people predict the 1-2-3 for both
drivers and constructors. In both cases, the points will be:

2 points for correct driver/constructor in the right place
1 point for correct driver/constructor in the wrong position
1 bonus point for getting all three (any position)
2 bonus points for getting all three in the right position

That way, there is a good chance that one person will actually "win".

Any interest?
m***@gmail.com
2018-03-20 10:17:20 UTC
On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 11:57:44 UTC+2, Mark Conmy wrote:
> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger...
>
> ...but we have a problem. So far we have 17 predictions but only 5
> variations:
>
> Hamilton/Mercedes: 9 people
> Vettel/Ferrari : 4 people
> Vettel/Mercedes : 2 people
> Verstappen/RBR : 2 people
> Alonso/McLaren : 1 lunatic ;-)
>
> So...I am going to propose that people predict the 1-2-3 for both
> drivers and constructors. In both cases, the points will be:
>
> 2 points for correct driver/constructor in the right place
> 1 point for correct driver/constructor in the wrong position
> 1 bonus point for getting all three (any position)
> 2 bonus points for getting all three in the right position
>
> That way, there is a good chance that one person will actually "win".
>
> Any interest?

WDC
1) Hamilton
2) Vettel
3) Verstappen

WCC
1) Mercedes
2) Ferrari
3) Red Bull

I think this is a more interesting challenge, but I also don't see too many variations.
Naked Fame
2018-03-20 11:28:39 UTC
***@gmail.com writes:
>> So...I am going to propose that people predict the 1-2-3 for both
>> drivers and constructors. In both cases, the points will be:
>>[...]
>> Any interest?

Very good idea, methinks.

WDC
1) Vet
2) Ham
3) Bot

WCC
1) Mercedes
2) Red Bull
3) Ferrari

Signature
Mark Jackson
2018-03-20 11:18:50 UTC
On 3/20/2018 5:57 AM, Mark wrote:
> Any interest?

I like it.

WDC
1) Vettel
2) Hamilton
3) Bottas

WCC
1) Mercedes
2) Ferrari
3) Red Bull

How many foxes does it take before a henhouse
becomes a foxhouse? - Charles P. Pierce
Alister
2018-03-20 11:21:36 UTC
On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:57:42 +0000, Mark wrote:

> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger...
>
> ...but we have a problem. So far we have 17 predictions but only 5
> variations:
>
> Hamilton/Mercedes: 9 people Vettel/Ferrari : 4 people
> Vettel/Mercedes : 2 people Verstappen/RBR : 2 people
> Alonso/McLaren : 1 lunatic ;-)
>
> So...I am going to propose that people predict the 1-2-3 for both
> drivers and constructors. In both cases, the points will be:
>
> 2 points for correct driver/constructor in the right place 1 point
> for correct driver/constructor in the wrong position 1 bonus point
> for getting all three (any position)
> 2 bonus points for getting all three in the right position
>
> That way, there is a good chance that one person will actually "win".
>
> Any interest?

1) Ham
2) Ver
3) Vet

Merc
Ferrari
Red Bull

Truth is hard to find and harder to obscure.
~misfit~
2018-03-20 11:36:29 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Mark wrote:
> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger...
>
> ...but we have a problem. So far we have 17 predictions but only 5
> variations:
>
> Hamilton/Mercedes: 9 people
> Vettel/Ferrari : 4 people
> Vettel/Mercedes : 2 people
> Verstappen/RBR : 2 people
> Alonso/McLaren : 1 lunatic ;-)
>
> So...I am going to propose that people predict the 1-2-3 for both
> drivers and constructors. In both cases, the points will be:
>
> 2 points for correct driver/constructor in the right place
> 1 point for correct driver/constructor in the wrong position
> 1 bonus point for getting all three (any position)
> 2 bonus points for getting all three in the right position
>
> That way, there is a good chance that one person will actually "win".
>
> Any interest?

I'm in!

WDC
1) HAM
2) BOT
3) RIC

WCC
1) Mercedes
2) Red Bull
3) Ferrari

Cheers,

2018-03-21 01:48:13 UTC

Fuck you
Martin Harran
2018-03-20 23:05:34 UTC
WDC
1) Hamilton
2) Verstappen
3) Vettel

WCC
1) Mercedes
2) Red Bull
3) Ferrari
D Munz
2018-03-21 12:06:13 UTC
WDC
1) VET
2) RIC
3) HAM

WCC
1) Ferrari
2) Red Bull
3) Mercedes
Sreekumar A
2018-03-21 02:48:09 UTC
WDC
1. HAM
2. VET
3. BOT

WCC
1. Mercedes
2. Ferrari
3. RedBull

Sreekumar
FB
2018-03-21 13:18:08 UTC
VET, BOT, SAI

Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault

FB
Phil Carmody
2018-03-21 21:52:48 UTC
Mark <***@gmail.com> writes:
> Any interest?

Fuck yeah!

Drivers:
Ham
Vet
Ver

Constructors:
Mercedes
Red Bull
Ferrari

Also looking for prediction threads for:
First immediate-retirement-causing on-track collision
First/most blown engines
Number of weekends where Coulthard wears white jeans
Number of weekends where Jordan wears a strobe-inducing stripy shirt
Most absurdly wrong apportioning of blame for an incident by a rasf1-er.

Phil
--
In order for there to be rights, there must be wrongs - if you want to
get rid of wrongs, which great leaders do, you *must* get rid of rights.
EB5AGV
2018-03-22 09:33:21 UTC
WDC
1)HAM
2)VET
3)ALO

WCC
1)Mercedes
2)Ferrari
3)McLaren

Well, there is always a chance I am right, if slim!

Regards,

Jose
larkim
2018-03-22 10:15:55 UTC
On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 09:57:44 UTC, Mark Conmy wrote:
> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger...
>
> ...but we have a problem. So far we have 17 predictions but only 5
> variations:
>
> Hamilton/Mercedes: 9 people
> Vettel/Ferrari : 4 people
> Vettel/Mercedes : 2 people
> Verstappen/RBR : 2 people
> Alonso/McLaren : 1 lunatic ;-)
>
> So...I am going to propose that people predict the 1-2-3 for both
> drivers and constructors. In both cases, the points will be:
>
> 2 points for correct driver/constructor in the right place
> 1 point for correct driver/constructor in the wrong position
> 1 bonus point for getting all three (any position)
> 2 bonus points for getting all three in the right position
>
> That way, there is a good chance that one person will actually "win".
>
> Any interest?

I might as well persist with my lunatic suggestion. At least on that basis
I'm likely to be the only successful participant, when in reality no matter
what I pick I'll just be one of many unsuccessful participants!

WDC
1 - Alonso
2 - Verstappen
3 - Hamilton

WCC
1 - McLaren
2 - RBR
3 - Mercedes

I'm imagining McLaren have been sandbagging all along, the Renault turns
out to have reliability advantages over a surprisingly fragile Mercedes
power unit, Ferrari self destruct as usual, and Ricciardo comes of worse
from a handful of in-race clashes with his teammate.

Meanwhile, Alonso podiums at most races, with a small handful of wins and
Vandoorne finishing consistently 4th / 3rd to support the McLaren points
tally, with Hamilton showing the usual flashes of brilliance when the car
doesn't give up on him with 3 dominating wins in the season, but far too
many DNFs.

Let the lunacy commence!
JohnM
2018-03-22 11:13:07 UTC
Drivers

1. Hamilton
2: Vettel
3: Bottas

Constructors

1. Mercedes
2. Ferrari
3. Red Bull

JohnM
Edmund
2018-03-22 15:12:33 UTC
On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:57:42 +0000, Mark wrote:

> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger...
>
> ...but we have a problem. So far we have 17 predictions but only 5
> variations:
>
> Hamilton/Mercedes: 9 people Vettel/Ferrari : 4 people
> Vettel/Mercedes : 2 people Verstappen/RBR : 2 people
> Alonso/McLaren : 1 lunatic ;-)
>
> So...I am going to propose that people predict the 1-2-3 for both
> drivers and constructors. In both cases, the points will be:
>
> 2 points for correct driver/constructor in the right place 1 point
> for correct driver/constructor in the wrong position 1 bonus point
> for getting all three (any position)
> 2 bonus points for getting all three in the right position
>
> That way, there is a good chance that one person will actually "win".
>
> Any interest?

WDC
1. HAM
2. VET
3. BOT

WCC
1. Mercedes
2. Ferrari
3. RedBull

Edmund
Ar
2018-03-22 22:40:05 UTC
On 20/03/18 09:57, Mark wrote:
> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger...
>
> So...I am going to propose that people predict the 1-2-3 for both
> drivers and constructors. In both cases, the points will be:
>
> 2 points for correct driver/constructor in the right place
> 1 point for correct driver/constructor in the wrong position
> 1 bonus point for getting all three (any position)
> 2 bonus points for getting all three in the right position
>
> That way, there is a good chance that one person will actually "win".

I hope this is separate from the driver / constructor pool already started!

Drivers Champ:
P1. Sebastian Vettel
P2. Lewis Hamilton
P3. Daniel Ricciardo

Constructors Champ:
P1. Ferrari
P2. Mercedes
P3. Red Bull
q***@gmail.com
2018-03-22 22:55:04 UTC
Hamilton/Mercedes

Qbab (Jakub Barbasz)
Hornplayer9599
2018-03-23 23:36:06 UTC
Mark wrote:

> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger...
>
> ...but we have a problem. So far we have 17 predictions but only 5
> variations:
>
> Hamilton/Mercedes: 9 people
> Vettel/Ferrari : 4 people
> Vettel/Mercedes : 2 people
> Verstappen/RBR : 2 people
> Alonso/McLaren : 1 lunatic ;-)
>
> So...I am going to propose that people predict the 1-2-3 for both
> drivers and constructors. In both cases, the points will be:
>
> 2 points for correct driver/constructor in the right place
> 1 point for correct driver/constructor in the wrong position
> 1 bonus point for getting all three (any position)
> 2 bonus points for getting all three in the right position
>
> That way, there is a good chance that one person will actually "win".
>
> Any interest?

Okay...

WDC

1. HAM
2. VET
3. VER

WCC

1. Merc
2. Ferrari
3. Red Bull

--
I don’t judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality, gender,
ability, or size.