Nico Rosberg almost matches Lewis Hamilton
Add Reply
Brian W Lawrence
2017-07-14 18:38:08 UTC
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-4697310/Nico-Rosberg-falls-foul-Wimbledon-dress-code.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490>

---
2017-07-15 03:59:34 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-4697310/Nico-Rosberg-falls-foul-Wimbledon-dress-code.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490>
Rosberg try-hard! Still attempting to follow in Hamiltons footsteps [groan].
"Almost" in the subject is right too - he wasn't refused entry, he was told
beforehand that he would be refused if he didn't fix the issue.

That's a 'tabloid' yeah? I don't think they get the difference between a
'fashion' choice and a mistake;

"Blah blah Rosberg blah blah blah by *forgetting* to wear socks" Forgetting?
Uhuh. Methinks it was an easilly-rectified manufactured and stage-managed
faux pas done in a desperate attempt to stay relevant. What's the bet he had
socks in his handbag ready to put on when he 'got caught'?

2017-07-15 07:31:28 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-4697310/Nico-Rosberg-falls-foul-Wimbledon-dress-code.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490>
"*almost* falls foul ..." ? Sounds like Claud Cockburn's famous suggestion
for a Times headline: "Small earthquake in Chile. Not many dead."

How the hell do you "forget" to put socks on anyway?
2017-07-15 10:37:04 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-4697310/Nico-Rosberg-falls-foul-Wimbledon-dress-code.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490>
"*almost* falls foul ..." ? Sounds like Claud Cockburn's famous
suggestion for a Times headline: "Small earthquake in Chile. Not many
dead."
How the hell do you "forget" to put socks on anyway?
Anything Lewis can do.....

(Except win 3 WDC of course.)

2017-07-15 10:38:44 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-4697310/Nico-Rosberg-falls-foul-Wimbledon-dress-code.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490>
"*almost* falls foul ..." ? Sounds like Claud Cockburn's famous suggestion
for a Times headline: "Small earthquake in Chile. Not many dead."
How the hell do you "forget" to put socks on anyway?
I've not long been back from a holiday in the UK and Spain. I saw quite a few men wearing shoes but no socks.

That said, not many of them were wearing collar and tie at the same time, but it strikes me that it might be that fashion stuff that people my age know very little about.