OT: FIA European Formula 3
2018-06-04 01:32:09 UTC
It's an interesting series to watch if you're so inclined. The F1 champions
of the future are racing there, so far 5 different winners out of 5 races
(and I'm about to watch the 6th, this meeting from the Hungaroring).

The best part is that it's free to watch live on youtube* with full replays
available a couple of hours after the race.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfAxcQdW6mxRiZY-EjH4Axw You can catch up
with the series so far if you're so inclined then follow it live for the
rest of the season.

The races are usually weekends where there's no F1, they still have grid
girls and there are drivers from all over the world including those backed
by the F1 teams (Ferrari, Red Bull, Force India, Renault...) competing.

It's especially interesting for me because New Zealand's next Formula 1
driver, 17 y/o Marcus Armstrong who is competing in F3 this year. He's
backed by Ferrari (the first NZer to wear the Ferrari colours since Chris
Amon) and lives at Marenello (which is a bit of a conflict of interest for
me as I dislike Ferraris elevated position in F1).

Armstrong competed in not one but two F4 championships last year. He won the
Italian series and went into the last race meeting of the German ADAC F4
series in the points lead, only to have a bit of bad luck. He finished
second in that series. I like his driving style. He's a good starter who
goes for it when he can but also knows when to hold position and collect
points so rarely 'throws it away'.

Anyway it's a free-to-watch series that fills in the F1 off-weekends nicely
and I don't need to watch it ASAP like F1 as I've not had problems with
spoilers in the media. So I can watch it whenever I am able and so
inclined - but it's usually fairly soon after the race is run. :)

*It's free to watch here in NZ. I don't know if the channel is geo-locked
elsewhere, it might be if a local broadcaster has bought the rights (as is
the case with the Formula E youtube channel).

2018-06-04 15:08:39 UTC

Same as your pirated F1 coverage. Thief. Loser.
Willsy
2018-06-04 15:23:13 UTC
On Monday, 4 June 2018 02:32:13 UTC+1, ~misfit~ wrote:
> It's an interesting series to watch if you're so inclined. The F1 champions
> of the future are racing there, so far 5 different winners out of 5 races
> (and I'm about to watch the 6th, this meeting from the Hungaroring).
>
> The best part is that it's free to watch live on youtube* with full replays
> available a couple of hours after the race.
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfAxcQdW6mxRiZY-EjH4Axw You can catch up
> with the series so far if you're so inclined then follow it live for the
> rest of the season.
>
> The races are usually weekends where there's no F1, they still have grid
> girls and there are drivers from all over the world including those backed
> by the F1 teams (Ferrari, Red Bull, Force India, Renault...) competing.
>
> It's especially interesting for me because New Zealand's next Formula 1
> driver, 17 y/o Marcus Armstrong who is competing in F3 this year. He's
> backed by Ferrari (the first NZer to wear the Ferrari colours since Chris
> Amon) and lives at Marenello (which is a bit of a conflict of interest for
> me as I dislike Ferraris elevated position in F1).
>
> Armstrong competed in not one but two F4 championships last year. He won the
> Italian series and went into the last race meeting of the German ADAC F4
> series in the points lead, only to have a bit of bad luck. He finished
> second in that series. I like his driving style. He's a good starter who
> goes for it when he can but also knows when to hold position and collect
> points so rarely 'throws it away'.
>
> Anyway it's a free-to-watch series that fills in the F1 off-weekends nicely
> and I don't need to watch it ASAP like F1 as I've not had problems with
> spoilers in the media. So I can watch it whenever I am able and so
> inclined - but it's usually fairly soon after the race is run. :)
>
> *It's free to watch here in NZ. I don't know if the channel is geo-locked
> elsewhere, it might be if a local broadcaster has bought the rights (as is
> the case with the Formula E youtube channel).
> --
> Shaun.
>
> "Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy
> little classification in the DSM*."
> David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
> (*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)

Thanks. The YouTube channel is open and working just fine in the UK.
I've subscribed. Will watch last weekend's race after work!
~misfit~
2018-06-04 23:55:46 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Willsy wrote:
> On Monday, 4 June 2018 02:32:13 UTC+1, ~misfit~ wrote:
>> It's an interesting series to watch if you're so inclined. The F1
>> champions of the future are racing there, so far 5 different winners
>> out of 5 races (and I'm about to watch the 6th, this meeting from
>> the Hungaroring).
>>
>> The best part is that it's free to watch live on youtube* with full
>> replays available a couple of hours after the race.
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfAxcQdW6mxRiZY-EjH4Axw You can
>> catch up with the series so far if you're so inclined then follow it
>> live for the rest of the season.
>>
>> The races are usually weekends where there's no F1, they still have
>> grid girls and there are drivers from all over the world including
>> those backed by the F1 teams (Ferrari, Red Bull, Force India,
>> Renault...) competing.
>>
>> It's especially interesting for me because New Zealand's next
>> Formula 1 driver, 17 y/o Marcus Armstrong who is competing in F3
>> this year. He's backed by Ferrari (the first NZer to wear the
>> Ferrari colours since Chris Amon) and lives at Marenello (which is a
>> bit of a conflict of interest for me as I dislike Ferraris elevated
>> position in F1).
>>
>> Armstrong competed in not one but two F4 championships last year. He
>> won the Italian series and went into the last race meeting of the
>> German ADAC F4 series in the points lead, only to have a bit of bad
>> luck. He finished second in that series. I like his driving style.
>> He's a good starter who goes for it when he can but also knows when
>> to hold position and collect points so rarely 'throws it away'.
>>
>> Anyway it's a free-to-watch series that fills in the F1 off-weekends
>> nicely and I don't need to watch it ASAP like F1 as I've not had
>> problems with spoilers in the media. So I can watch it whenever I am
>> able and so
>> inclined - but it's usually fairly soon after the race is run. :)
>>
>> *It's free to watch here in NZ. I don't know if the channel is
>> geo-locked elsewhere, it might be if a local broadcaster has bought
>> the rights (as is the case with the Formula E youtube channel).
>> --
>> Shaun.
>
> Thanks. The YouTube channel is open and working just fine in the UK.
> I've subscribed. Will watch last weekend's race after work!

Cool - if you support local talent you'll like it. There are a couple of
Brits doing quite well*. It's the series that Lando Norris won last year. ;)

*Though I, following the NZ driver in the series as I do have a problem with
one of them. No spoilers as yet though....

2018-06-05 00:15:08 UTC

lol
t***@gmail.com
2018-06-04 15:23:59 UTC
On Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 7:32:13 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:

> The best part is that it's free

> Anyway it's a free-to-watch series

> *It's free to watch here in NZ.

Get a job.