Sauber and Saward
2017-07-12 22:41:04 UTC
Joe Saward has had a lot to say recently on his blog about the likely
impact of the departure of Monisha Kaltenborn from Sauber. His latest
posting has a long paragraph about his subsequent face-off with the
team's owner. Lead sentence:

"Sauber played a big part in my weekend in Austria, largely because I
had, let’s say, a lively discussion with the owner, who did not like
what I had written about the team.:

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/notebook-from-trafalgar-square/
I believe I am right. And, if not right, plausible.
- Ignatius Donnelly
D Munz
2017-07-12 23:09:07 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Joe Saward has had a lot to say recently on his blog about the likely
impact of the departure of Monisha Kaltenborn from Sauber. His latest
posting has a long paragraph about his subsequent face-off with the
"Sauber played a big part in my weekend in Austria, largely because I
had, let’s say, a lively discussion with the owner, who did not like
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/notebook-from-trafalgar-square/
I believe I am right. And, if not right, plausible.
- Ignatius Donnelly
Ok, I'll bite. Who is the mysterious owner of Sauber? I thought it was Peter Sauber but I guess I'm out of touch...

2017-07-12 23:23:36 UTC
Post by D Munz
Ok, I'll bite. Who is the mysterious owner of Sauber? I thought it
was Peter Sauber but I guess I'm out of touch...
The shares held by Sauber (and Kaltenborn) were purchased a year ago by
Longbow Finance. Ownership of the latter is obscure, although this
story intimates it is Hans Rausing, Marcus Ericsson's major backer:

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/17119094/who-exactly-longbow-finance-sauber-new-backers
I believe I am right. And, if not right, plausible.
- Ignatius Donnelly
~misfit~
2017-07-13 06:08:59 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by D Munz
Ok, I'll bite. Who is the mysterious owner of Sauber? I thought it
was Peter Sauber but I guess I'm out of touch...
The shares held by Sauber (and Kaltenborn) were purchased a year ago
by Longbow Finance. Ownership of the latter is obscure, although this
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/17119094/who-exactly-longbow-finance-sauber-new-backers
That would fit with the gossip I heard about Monisha's sacking being because
she refused to prioritise Ericson as number one driver.

2017-07-13 11:06:46 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by D Munz
Ok, I'll bite. Who is the mysterious owner of Sauber? I thought it
was Peter Sauber but I guess I'm out of touch...
The shares held by Sauber (and Kaltenborn) were purchased a year ago by
Longbow Finance. Ownership of the latter is obscure, although this
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/17119094/who-exactly-longbow-finance-sauber-new-backers
Interesting. I presume that the guy referred to is Hans *Kristian*
Rausing, heir to the Tetra Pak fortune:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Kristian_Rausing

As can be seen from the above, this Rausing has a somewhat chequered
past. (For those interested in such things, his new wife is the
grand-daughter of Jock Delves Broughton who was widely suspected of the
murder of Lord Errol, the subject of the book and film "White Mischief").

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
Sir Tim
2017-07-13 11:24:09 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by D Munz
Ok, I'll bite. Who is the mysterious owner of Sauber? I thought it
was Peter Sauber but I guess I'm out of touch...
The shares held by Sauber (and Kaltenborn) were purchased a year ago by
Longbow Finance. Ownership of the latter is obscure, although this
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/17119094/who-exactly-longbow-finance-sauber-new-backers
Or was the guy Saward had a coming together with Pascal Picci, the
chairman of Longbow Finance?

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”