Video alert - French Connection - C4 this Friday night
m***@yahoo.co.uk
2017-09-09 16:25:53 UTC
The French Connection - Channel 4 this Friday night - 1.20am.

The 1971 Gene Hackman film with the famous car chase through Brooklyn in New York. See if it is more exciting than F1 qualifying on the same channel a bit later.

(One of the accidents is real! The director didn't think the existing footage was good enough so later sent along a stuntman to just race up and down in the car for a bit when the road had been re-opened and filmed it. An oblivious innocent motorist entered one of the junctions and .... crash! They left it in the movie).
bra
2017-09-10 00:39:57 UTC
Great movie, eerie and powerful soundtrack too. Hackman was perfect.
Halmyre
2017-09-10 18:36:11 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
The French Connection - Channel 4 this Friday night - 1.20am.
The 1971 Gene Hackman film with the famous car chase through Brooklyn in New York.
Great movie, eerie and powerful soundtrack too. Hackman was perfect.
It helps that it's not a car-on-car chase - Hackman has to keep an eye on the elevated train and every time he looks down at what's going on in front of him there's a new hazard. Friedkin also did a slam-bang chase in 'To Live and Die in LA', which rarely shows up on TV, sadly.

I've probaby seen French Connection too often - but every time it shows up I get hooked - oh wait, here's the scene busting the guys in the bar, measuring the purity of the heroin, assassination attempt, car chase, searching the car, subway chess with Frog 1, and the ambiguous ending.
bra
2017-09-10 18:52:57 UTC
Post by Halmyre
Post by bra
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
The French Connection - Channel 4 this Friday night - 1.20am.
The 1971 Gene Hackman film with the famous car chase through Brooklyn in New York.
Great movie, eerie and powerful soundtrack too. Hackman was perfect.
It helps that it's not a car-on-car chase - Hackman has to keep an eye on the elevated train and every time he looks down at what's going on in front of him there's a new hazard. Friedkin also did a slam-bang chase in 'To Live and Die in LA', which rarely shows up on TV, sadly.
I've probaby seen French Connection too often - but every time it shows up I get hooked - oh wait, here's the scene busting the guys in the bar, measuring the purity of the heroin, assassination attempt, car chase, searching the car, subway chess with Frog 1, and the ambiguous ending.
--- and Popeye Doyle's hat :-)