2018 British GP
2018-07-06 13:17:35 UTC
Watch temps, up to 52 now, representative of race conditions. Note any graining after the beginning of run, easy enough to see by dark patches on FL tyre.
build
2018-07-07 14:20:15 UTC
WOW, had to remind myself to breath, what a great qually. The race tomorrow will be a fight. G'night.
John
2018-07-08 00:36:14 UTC
Ferrari looked competitive with Merc, but Merc should out mussel in the long run.
M2T
2018-07-08 01:00:06 UTC
Not if Lewis Hamilton catches a crab and beaches his car.
build
2018-07-08 04:19:04 UTC
Post by John
Watch temps, up to 52 now, representative of race conditions. Note any graining after the beginning of run, easy enough to see by dark patches on FL tyre.
WOW, had to remind myself to breath, what a great qually. The race tomorrow will be a fight. G'night.
Ferrari looked competitive with Merc, but Merc should out mussel in the long run.
G'day John,
I reckon Merc are weak in the long run, the car is hard on tyres in these temps, even with these thinner tread tyres judging from Friday free practice. Once they get into a stint the Ferrari will be the faster car and later in the stint when Merc do struggle that bloody annoying RedBull is possibly a faster car. However while Silverstone is a great circuit to drive it's not a great racing circuit so I'd prefer track position which Merc have. Clear air is damned important at Silverstone.

So watch closely if the temp rises over 50C(ish) degrees. In qually it got to 53C.

I'll keep an eye on Kimi at the start, he looks fired-up and is usually pretty handy off the line. Should he (or others) take track position from Lewis it's game on.

I'm looking forward to a great battle. And, the mid-field battle should be terrific.

beers,
BTW. Watch Leclerc. You'll be familiar with Nandos relentless laps the bugger never lets up, well it seems Leclerc might be similar, worth watching.
build
52 degrees, this could be a two stopper.
M2T
2018-07-08 13:07:25 UTC
52 degrees, this could be a two stopper.
Two bottles of booze eh?

Cutting down ?
larkim
2018-07-08 16:27:28 UTC
Good race, kept me entertained for a change.

Obviously the SC helped but at the final restart
I still wasn't sure what the end result would be.

Tough luck for Bottas, but Hamilton showed
he could look after his tyres and carve
through from the back at the same time.
~misfit~
2018-07-09 02:17:18 UTC
Good race, kept me entertained for a change.
Obviously the SC helped but at the final restart
I still wasn't sure what the end result would be.
Tough luck for Bottas, but Hamilton showed
he could look after his tyres and carve
through from the back at the same time.
An Imressive driver from Hamilton. Last to second isn't too shabby at all.

I see RBR are saying Verstappen had a brake problem. I guess you could say
that - the problem was the driver made a mistake under brakes...

Alister
2018-07-09 12:00:46 UTC
Good race, kept me entertained for a change.
Obviously the SC helped but at the final restart I still wasn't sure
what the end result would be.
Tough luck for Bottas, but Hamilton showed he could look after his
tyres and carve through from the back at the same time.
An Imressive driver from Hamilton. Last to second isn't too shabby at all.
but to be brutally honest if he had not muffed the star he would not have
been in a position that meant he had to.
--
Angels we have heard on High
Tell us to go out and Buy.
-- Tom Lehrer
Alan Baker
I love how everyone on this group has ESP...
Ar
2018-07-11 15:03:43 UTC
I see RBR are saying Verstappen had a brake problem. I guess you could say
that - the problem was the driver made a mistake under brakes...
I love how everyone on this group has ESP...
Electronic Stability Programme?

t***@gmail.com
2018-07-09 16:58:18 UTC
Two bottles of booze eh?
Cutting down ?
You leg humping, cornholing faggot.
John
2018-07-09 07:58:24 UTC
Very competitive it turned out. If Merc wants to be champs again they're going to have to earn it.
CS
2018-07-08 11:06:46 UTC
Hopefully with the VSCs in the practice sessions, Mercedes used them profitably to train their strategists in pit stop planning!