Within Allowed Tolerances
2017-07-09 18:51:34 UTC
The degree of movement is never addressed, it may have
been no more than normal vibrational displacement.

Bottas start movement 'within allowed tolerances' - FIA
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/7/bottas-start-movement--within-allowed-tolerances----fia.html

Formula One racing's governing body the FIA say that the incremental
movement eventual race winner Valtteri Bottas made a split second before
the lights went out in Austria was within the permitted tolerances of
the system they have used with extreme accuracy for two decades.

Start regulations allow a small degree of movement from cars as drivers
'sometimes need to make clutch adjustments' - with FIA-supplied
transponders monitoring the precise movements.

Bottas made such a rapid getaway from pole that the FIA stewards did
investigate him during the race - but a comprehensive analysis found
that the Mercedes driver had made ‘an exceptionally accurate and
fortuitous judgement call’ when the lights went out, not an illegal jump
start.

An FIA statement read: "The jump start system judges whether a car has
moved a pre-set (very small) distance between the point at which the
last red light comes on and the point at which the lights go out.

"We have found that need to allow for some very small movement, as
drivers sometimes need to make clutch adjustments in preparation for the
start. This system, which is dependent on the official timing provided
by Formula One, has been in operation for some 20 years and has proved
extremely reliable in that time.

“In today’s instance, Valtteri Bottas did not exceed this (very small)
limit before the start was given.

Simply put: he made an exceptionally accurate and fortuitous judgement
call, anticipating the moment the lights went out with great precision.
Any movement prior to the moment the lights went out was within the
tolerances allowed.

"As per art 36.13 of the sporting regulation either of the penalties
under Articles 38.3c) or d) will be imposed for a false start judged
using an FIA supplied transponder which must be fitted to the car as
specified."

Bottas went on to lead all but two laps in Austria, with his 25-point
haul thrusting him back into what is now a three-way fight for the 2017
championship, alongside team mate Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari's Sebastian
Vettel.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Edmund
2017-07-09 19:14:37 UTC
[...]
Well, what do you have to say for yourself now, or to me?

2017-07-09 20:12:33 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by .
Vettel.
Well, what do you have to say for yourself now, or to me?
Edmund
How about "que" ?

Yes, I'm sure ALO would have done even better, and HAM far worse.

Happy ?

In another thread, Edmund had stated that Bottas moved slightly before the lights. This produced the predictable from His Dotness. Now His Dotness posts that Bottas DID move.
.
2017-07-10 03:34:04 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by .
Vettel.
Well, what do you have to say for yourself now, or to me?
Edmund
How about "que" ?
In another thread, Edmund had stated that Bottas moved slightly before
the lights.
Hey LIAR, he said that "Bottas did move about 2 cm before the
lights where out". There isn't the slightest evidence *anywhere*
for that claim.
Post by Bobster
This produced the predictable from His Dotness.
Yes, it did, and as always, factual truth supported by
documentation, unlike your always feeble attempts at deceit.
Post by Bobster
Now His
Post by Bobster
Dotness posts that Bottas DID move.
Yet another lie from the lying LIAR. As I stated earlier
in this very thread that *I* started and you've 'conveniently'
edited:

"The degree of movement is never addressed, it may have
been no more than normal vibrational displacement" - or
even the "jerk" that can occur when engaging a gear.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/7/bottas-start-movement--within-allowed-tolerances----fia.html

Still, no telemetric nor video evidence has been produced by
*anyone* that supports a claim of any movement whatsoever.

All anyone would need to do to prove me wrong would be
to offer any official evidence whatsoever of the contrary.
--
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.