R.I.P. Nicky Hayden; lousy, lousy fate
2017-05-19 18:17:50 UTC
I watched his progress for years, a solid hard-working racer who deserved every win he got. Very sad.

Not a dry eye in the house when he won "his" home MotoGP race at Laguna Seca in 2005.

worth watching the last 7 minutes of you won't watch it all.
Geoff May
2017-05-19 18:36:26 UTC
I watched his progress for years, a solid hard-working racer who deserved every win he got. Very sad.
Not a dry eye in the house when he won "his" home MotoGP race at Laguna Seca in 2005.
http://youtu.be/meosKxgJhVA worth watching the last 7 minutes of you won't watch it all.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/nicky-hayden-earl-hayden-decries-fake-news/

(all one line)

Cheers

Geoff
bra
2017-05-19 19:19:52 UTC
Post by Geoff May
Post by bra
I watched his progress for years, a solid hard-working racer who deserved every win he got. Very sad.
Not a dry eye in the house when he won "his" home MotoGP race at Laguna Seca in 2005.
http://youtu.be/meosKxgJhVA worth watching the last 7 minutes of you won't watch it all.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/nicky-hayden-earl-hayden-decries-fake-news/
(all one line)
Cheers
Geoff
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN the trolls who publish false reports on the internet.
I fell for it; I am sorry if this upset people.
bra
2017-05-19 19:43:13 UTC
How can I change the subject line on my original post?
Sir Tim
2017-05-19 21:33:01 UTC
Post by Geoff May
Post by bra
I watched his progress for years, a solid hard-working racer who
deserved every win he got. Very sad.
Not a dry eye in the house when he won "his" home MotoGP race at Laguna Seca in 2005.
http://youtu.be/meosKxgJhVA worth watching the last 7
minutes of you won't watch it all.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/nicky-hayden-earl-hayden-decries-fake-news/
(all one line)
Cheers
Geoff
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN the trolls who publish false reports on the internet.
I fell for it; I am sorry if this upset people.
GP Update, which is normally reliable, quotes the hospital in Cesena as
saying that Hayden is "still extremely critical".

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/motogp-news/353384/hayden-s-condition-still-extremely-critical/
geoff
2017-05-19 23:11:42 UTC
Post by Geoff May
Post by bra
I watched his progress for years, a solid hard-working racer who
deserved every win he got. Very sad.
Not a dry eye in the house when he won "his" home MotoGP race at Laguna Seca in 2005.
http://youtu.be/meosKxgJhVA worth watching the last 7
minutes of you won't watch it all.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/nicky-hayden-earl-hayden-decries-fake-news/
(all one line)
Cheers
Geoff
Don't know the real story, but surely those who scream "fake news" in
response to reports from reliable news institutions are those for whom
the truth is uncomfortable, inconvenient, incriminating, or upsetting ?

2017-05-22 17:34:23 UTC
RIP. Seems the previous story was unfortunately prophetic.
Sir Tim
2017-05-22 17:57:04 UTC
RIP. Seems the previous story was unfortunately prophetic.
Yes, very sad news.

I can't help comparing Hayden's situation with Michael Schumacher's and
wondering whether Nicky is not the lucky one.