Kimi to Sauber, LeClerc to Ferrari
2018-09-11 09:08:47 UTC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45477134

I sort of assumed Kimi would retire when he left Ferrari, so this
has surprised me.
M2T
2018-09-11 09:19:29 UTC

That's Ocon fucked
larkim
2018-09-11 10:10:43 UTC
On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 10:19:31 UTC+1, M2T wrote:
> On 11/09/2018 10:08, larkim wrote:
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45477134
> >
> > I sort of assumed Kimi would retire when he left Ferrari, so this
> > has surprised me.
> >

> That's Ocon fucked

I've lost track of where the vacancies currently are. Crash.net has this:-
https://www.crash.net/f1/feature/901459/1/f1-2019-driver-lineup-so-far
Mercedes:
Lewis Hamilton (End of 2020)
Valtteri Bottas (End of 2019, option for 2020)

Ferrari:
Sebastian Vettel (End of 2020)
Charles Leclerc (End of 2019)

Red Bull:
Max Verstappen (End of 2020)
Pierre Gasly (End of 2019)

Force India:
TBC
TBC (Possible: Esteban Ocon, Sergio Perez, Lance Stroll, George Russell)

Williams:
TBC
TBC (Possible: Sergey Sirotkin, Lance Stroll, George Russell, Esteban Ocon)

Renault:
Nico Hulkenberg (End of 2019)
Daniel Ricciardo (End of 2020)

Toro Rosso:
TBC
TBC (Possible: Brendon Hartley, Daniil Kvyat)

Haas:
TBC
TBC (Possible: Kevin Magnussen, Romain Grosjean, Sergio Perez)

McLaren:
Carlos Sainz Jr (End of 2020)
Lando Norris (End of 2020)

Alfa Romeo Sauber:
Kimi Raikkonen (End of 2020)
TBC (Possible: Marcus Ericsson, Antonio Giovinazzi)

Plenty still to be confirmed, though of course some will be more static
than that list implies I think.
M2T
2018-09-11 10:27:55 UTC
On 11/09/2018 11:10, larkim wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 10:19:31 UTC+1, M2T wrote:
>> On 11/09/2018 10:08, larkim wrote:
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45477134
>>>
>>> I sort of assumed Kimi would retire when he left Ferrari, so this
>>> has surprised me.
>>>

>> That's Ocon fucked
>
> I've lost track of where the vacancies currently are. Crash.net has this:-
> https://www.crash.net/f1/feature/901459/1/f1-2019-driver-lineup-so-far

> Plenty still to be confirmed, though of course some will be more static
> than that list implies I think.

Ocon's only chance will be at Williams, but I expect Mercedes will have
to put up some dosh or discounts. I can't understand Tonto, how does he
expect to run a Mercedes Junior Drivers scheme without a team prepared
to take them? Both of his recent junior drivers have been shafted. RB
and Ferrari have 2nd and even 3rd teams, Mercedes have tied themselves
to a couple of teams that have long term money issues. Tonto should buy
Williams and clear out the top management and useless
designers/engineers, like Paddy Banana Skin Lowe.
Sir Tim
2018-09-11 13:06:42 UTC
M2T <***@HomX.com> wrote:
> On 11/09/2018 10:08, larkim wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45477134
>>
>> I sort of assumed Kimi would retire when he left Ferrari, so this
>> has surprised me.
>>

> That's Ocon fucked

Yep. I suppose you can’t blame Kimi, he loves racing and has the
opportunity to go on doing it but it’s a shame that a real talent like Ocon
is likely to be without a drive when guys like Ericsson and Stroll are
still around. The way of the world I suppose.

2018-09-12 06:52:48 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Sir Tim wrote:
> M2T <***@HomX.com> wrote:
>> On 11/09/2018 10:08, larkim wrote:
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45477134
>>>
>>> I sort of assumed Kimi would retire when he left Ferrari, so this
>>> has surprised me.
>>>

>> That's Ocon fucked
>>

> Yep. I suppose you can't blame Kimi, he loves racing and has the
> opportunity to go on doing it but it's a shame that a real talent
> like Ocon is likely to be without a drive when guys like Ericsson and
> Stroll are still around. The way of the world I suppose.

Kimi will likely partner Giovanazzi (sp?) so it's great for Sauber to have
experience in their team.

2018-09-12 00:20:22 UTC

Not as fucked as your existence.
D Munz
2018-09-11 10:11:17 UTC
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 4:08:48 AM UTC-5, larkim wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45477134
>
> I sort of assumed Kimi would retire when he left Ferrari, so this
> has surprised me.

Yeah, it is interesting. There are also reports that Kimi will take (or be given?) an ownership position in the team. I find that odd as he hates all the out of the car stuff in F1.

We will see what really happens next year and, I suspect, the rest of this year will be interesting from from an intra-team prospective. By that I mean, is the Sauber deal in place as a carrot to keep him under control?

2018-09-11 10:36:25 UTC
On 11/09/2018 11:11, D Munz wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 4:08:48 AM UTC-5, larkim wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45477134
>>
>> I sort of assumed Kimi would retire when he left Ferrari, so this
>> has surprised me.
>
> Yeah, it is interesting. There are also reports that Kimi will take (or be given?) an ownership position in the team. I find that odd as he hates all the out of the car stuff in F1.
>
> We will see what really happens next year and, I suspect, the rest of this year will be interesting from from an intra-team prospective. By that I mean, is the Sauber deal in place as a carrot to keep him under control?

Ferrari don't own Sauber. The owner is a weird Swedish billionaire who
bought the team as a plaything. He's probably looking to get out and
has come to some arrangement with Kimi to cut down on his liabilities.

It's a bit of an eye opener to see Kimi happy to stay in F1, because he
enjoys the racing, knowing he won't be at the sharp end of racing again.
Then we have Fred, running away because he's not being allowed to win.
Perhaps we'll see Kimi chasing the "who gives a shit" Triple Crown
when he's finally out of F1.
News
2018-09-11 11:10:24 UTC

Let Kimi alone. He knows what he's dong.
D Munz
2018-09-11 12:12:49 UTC
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 6:10:27 AM UTC-5, News wrote:

> Let Kimi alone. He knows what he's dong.

Ok, I wish I'd thought of that!

Well played.

2018-09-11 14:06:43 UTC

You calling Kimi a wanker ?
News
2018-09-11 19:59:44 UTC

LOL. Typo. He knows what he's doing.
D Munz
2018-09-11 12:14:58 UTC
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 5:36:28 AM UTC-5, M2T wrote:
> On 11/09/2018 11:11, D Munz wrote:
> > On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 4:08:48 AM UTC-5, larkim wrote:
> >> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45477134
> >>
> >> I sort of assumed Kimi would retire when he left Ferrari, so this
> >> has surprised me.
> >
> > Yeah, it is interesting. There are also reports that Kimi will take (or be given?) an ownership position in the team. I find that odd as he hates all the out of the car stuff in F1.
> >
> > We will see what really happens next year and, I suspect, the rest of this year will be interesting from from an intra-team prospective. By that I mean, is the Sauber deal in place as a carrot to keep him under control?
> >

> Ferrari don't own Sauber. The owner is a weird Swedish billionaire who
> bought the team as a plaything. He's probably looking to get out and
> has come to some arrangement with Kimi to cut down on his liabilities.
>
> It's a bit of an eye opener to see Kimi happy to stay in F1, because he
> enjoys the racing, knowing he won't be at the sharp end of racing again.
> Then we have Fred, running away because he's not being allowed to win.
> Perhaps we'll see Kimi chasing the "who gives a shit" Triple Crown
> when he's finally out of F1.

I have to admit that I have not paid attention to Sauber this year. How is the car? (I guess we know it's good in the barrel roll event...)

They should be getting the full Ferrari engine package so that might be a plus. Could this be another Lotus for Kimi?

2018-09-12 00:23:02 UTC

Yes, he should have taken your dull path.
t***@gmail.com
2018-09-12 00:25:15 UTC
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 4:36:28 AM UTC-6, M2T wrote:

> Then we have Fred

We? Keep your sick and twisted obsessions
to yourself. Fucking idiot.
build
2018-09-16 11:09:19 UTC
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 8:11:18 PM UTC+10, D Munz wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 4:08:48 AM UTC-5, larkim wrote:
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45477134
> >
> > I sort of assumed Kimi would retire when he left Ferrari, so this
> > has surprised me.
>
> Yeah, it is interesting. There are also reports that Kimi will take
> (or be given?) an ownership position in the team.

Kimi is a very experienced team owner.

> I find that odd as he hates all the out of the car stuff in F1.

That's clearly wrong. How do know ?
Kimi does not tolerate fools or the media.

2018-09-17 12:28:27 UTC
On Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 6:09:20 AM UTC-5, build wrote:

> > I find that odd as he hates all the out of the car stuff in F1.
>
> That's clearly wrong. How do know ?
> Kimi does not tolerate fools or the media.

How do I know? He's said it over and over. He likes the driving, period. The rest he does because it is required of him.

jtees4
2018-09-13 14:46:51 UTC

I am surprised for a change. Deep down, I'm glad Kimi is not retiring.
larkim
2018-09-14 07:35:01 UTC
He's getting a bit of flak for clinging onto a seat and preventing new blood coming through. My view, that's not his concern, of a team wants to offer a place then it's their decision rather than his which is open to criticism.
Sir Tim
2018-09-14 08:23:06 UTC
larkim <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> He's getting a bit of flak for clinging onto a seat and preventing new
> blood coming through. My view, that's not his concern, of a team wants to
> offer a place then it's their decision rather than his which is open to criticism.

I’ve always been big fan of Kimi’s but I find his relentlessly downbeat
attitude towards the media beginning to wear a bit thin. I think he should
retire and make way for one of the coming men but, as you say, if a team
wants him and he is prepared to mooch around mid field playing Peter Pan
then so be it.

2018-09-14 09:40:50 UTC
On 14/09/2018 09:23, Sir Tim wrote:
> larkim <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> He's getting a bit of flak for clinging onto a seat and preventing new
>> blood coming through. My view, that's not his concern, of a team wants to
>> offer a place then it's their decision rather than his which is open to criticism.
>>

> I’ve always been big fan of Kimi’s but I find his relentlessly downbeat
> attitude towards the media beginning to wear a bit thin. I think he should
> retire and make way for one of the coming men but, as you say, if a team
> wants him and he is prepared to mooch around mid field playing Peter Pan
> then so be it.

What coming men? All we seen recently is a long line of drivers who've
made up for lack of ability with a huge cheque book. Genuine top level
racers only arrive every couple of years. Most newcomers only last a
year or two before being found out. Who remembers Boy Palmer, the
majority of RB juniors?
Sir Tim
2018-09-14 16:21:01 UTC
M2T <***@HomX.com> wrote:
> On 14/09/2018 09:23, Sir Tim wrote:
>> larkim <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> He's getting a bit of flak for clinging onto a seat and preventing new
>>> blood coming through. My view, that's not his concern, of a team wants to
>>> offer a place then it's their decision rather than his which is open to criticism.
>>>

>> I’ve always been big fan of Kimi’s but I find his relentlessly downbeat
>> attitude towards the media beginning to wear a bit thin. I think he should
>> retire and make way for one of the coming men but, as you say, if a team
>> wants him and he is prepared to mooch around mid field playing Peter Pan
>> then so be it.
>>

> What coming men?

Ocon, Russell, Giovinazzi, Markelov

>All we seen recently is a long line of drivers who've
> made up for lack of ability with a huge cheque book.

I agree that I’d much rather watch Kimi than Stroll or Ericsson, but it
will be sad to see him amongst the also-rans.

>Genuine top level
> racers only arrive every couple of years.

Men of the calibre of Hamilton or Verstappen maybe but we won’t know about
others until they have tried. No one thought much of Kimi when he first
started, in fact Max (Mosley) was against giving him a super licence.

2018-09-15 06:53:07 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Sir Tim wrote:
> M2T <***@HomX.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> I've always been big fan of Kimi's but I find his relentlessly
>>> downbeat attitude towards the media beginning to wear a bit thin. I
>>> think he should retire and make way for one of the coming men but,
>>> as you say, if a team wants him and he is prepared to mooch around
>>> mid field playing Peter Pan then so be it.
>>>

>> What coming men?
>
> Ocon, Russell, Giovinazzi, Markelov

Agree on the first two but Markelov isn't all that. He's the only Russian
driver to race for "Russian Time" TTBOMK (which makes me wonder...).

For two years in GP2 he had Mitch Evans as a team-mate.
2015 Mitch 174 Artem 6. (Yes Artem ran a full season)
2016 Mitch 135 Artem 48.

Mitch didn't have any money and couldn't get into F1 (Russian Time used him
for his car set-up skills) - what makes Artem better qualified? He's 24
years old, the same age as Mitch. It's not like he's a teeanger just finding
his feet.

Sir Tim
2018-09-15 08:10:15 UTC
~misfit~ <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> Once upon a time on usenet Sir Tim wrote:
>> M2T <***@HomX.com> wrote:

>>> What coming men?
>>
>> Ocon, Russell, Giovinazzi, Markelov
>
> Agree on the first two but Markelov isn't all that. He's the only Russian
> driver to race for "Russian Time" TTBOMK (which makes me wonder...).
>
> For two years in GP2 he had Mitch Evans as a team-mate.
> 2015 Mitch 174 Artem 6. (Yes Artem ran a full season)
> 2016 Mitch 135 Artem 48.
>
> Mitch didn't have any money and couldn't get into F1 (Russian Time used him
> for his car set-up skills) - what makes Artem better qualified? He's 24
> years old, the same age as Mitch. It's not like he's a teeanger just finding
> his feet.

I was trying to refute M2T’s implication that there aren’t any young
drivers of obvious talent and named the first four who came to mind. Maybe
Markelov was a bad example (the guys on Sky had been talking about him
during FP2).

Mitch Evans is clearly a very talented driver but I guess his move to
Formula E sounded the death knell to any F1 aspirations he might have had
:-(

2018-09-16 01:22:23 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Sir Tim wrote:
> ~misfit~ <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Ocon, Russell, Giovinazzi, Markelov
>>
>> Agree on the first two but Markelov isn't all that. He's the only
>> Russian driver to race for "Russian Time" TTBOMK (which makes me
>> wonder...).
>>
>> For two years in GP2 he had Mitch Evans as a team-mate.
>> 2015 Mitch 174 Artem 6. (Yes Artem ran a full season)
>> 2016 Mitch 135 Artem 48.
>>
>> Mitch didn't have any money and couldn't get into F1 (Russian Time
>> used him for his car set-up skills) - what makes Artem better
>> qualified? He's 24 years old, the same age as Mitch. It's not like
>> he's a teeanger just finding his feet.
>
> I was trying to refute M2T's implication that there aren't any young
> drivers of obvious talent and named the first four who came to mind.
> Maybe Markelov was a bad example (the guys on Sky had been talking
> about him during FP2).

Ahh ok. Fresh in mind then. Fair enough.

> Mitch Evans is clearly a very talented driver but I guess his move to
> Formula E sounded the death knell to any F1 aspirations he might have
> had :-(

That bell had rung before his move to Formula E, the move was in response to
the fact that he couldn't get an F1 seat without many more millions (even
with support from Mark Webber and medium-level backing from NZ motorsport
'angel' Colin Giltrap).

Mitch tried to keep his F1 dream alive but finally accepted financial
reality and joined Formula E and the two guys who finished second and third
to him in his championship-winning GP3 year.

Mitch remains the youngest person to ever win an international Grand Prix
(at age 16).

2018-09-16 11:12:53 UTC
On Saturday, September 15, 2018 at 2:21:02 AM UTC+10, Sir Tim wrote:
> M2T <***@HomX.com> wrote:
> >>>

> >> I’ve always been big fan of Kimi’s but I find his relentlessly downbeat
> >> attitude towards the media beginning to wear a bit thin. I think he should
> >> retire and make way for one of the coming men but, as you say, if a team
> >> wants him and he is prepared to mooch around mid field playing Peter Pan
> >> then so be it.
> >>

> > What coming men?
>
> Ocon, Russell, Giovinazzi, Markelov
>
> >All we seen recently is a long line of drivers who've
> > made up for lack of ability with a huge cheque book.
>
> I agree that I’d much rather watch Kimi than Stroll or Ericsson, but it
> will be sad to see him amongst the also-rans.

Perhaps if you watched Stroll you might not type with such a broad brush.

Sir Tim
2018-09-16 15:43:45 UTC
build <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps if you watched Stroll you might not type with such a broad brush.

A classic mixed metaphor :-)

2018-09-14 11:44:08 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet larkim wrote:
> He's getting a bit of flak for clinging onto a seat and preventing
> new blood coming through. My view, that's not his concern, of a team
> wants to offer a place then it's their decision rather than his which
> is open to criticism.

That's a specious argument if there ever was one - at least Kimi is good to
watch. Unlike Stroll. Drivers with talent are always better to watch than
drivers with money.

2018-09-14 12:19:58 UTC

Stroll will never be a winner, all the time he's got a hole in his arse.
t***@gmail.com
2018-09-15 00:10:03 UTC
On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 6:20:00 AM UTC-6, M2T wrote:

> Stroll will never be a winner, all the time he's got a hole in his arse.

Oh poor your. Get a fucking job.
Useless piece of shit.
t***@gmail.com
2018-09-15 00:12:41 UTC
On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 6:20:00 AM UTC-6, M2T wrote:

> all the time he's got a hole in his arse.

You got yours stitched up?
Weirdo fag.