Has googlegroups gone quiet?
2018-02-23 15:26:13 UTC
No posts on 23rd visible on google groups, which I find surprising given
the launch of the McLaren.

Orange = nice. Not sure what else I could add though.
m***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 20:08:19 UTC
On Friday, 23 February 2018 17:26:17 UTC+2, larkim wrote:
> No posts on 23rd visible on google groups, which I find surprising given
> the launch of the McLaren.

Well, it's RASF1 that's quiet, not Google groups so much.

> Orange = nice. Not sure what else I could add though.
Me no like. A bit of a nod to history, but those big empty spaces on the sides look ... empty. Maybe there's a still TBA sponsorship. But Petrobras and Dell (which was said to be "major") were announced ahead of time.

F1 cars are very, very well turned out - or mostly so. This looks quite unexceptional. Though I think it will be easy to tell the McLarens from everything else on TV.
Mark Jackson
2018-02-23 22:15:32 UTC
On 2/23/2018 3:08 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, 23 February 2018 17:26:17 UTC+2, larkim wrote:
>> No posts on 23rd visible on google groups, which I find surprising
>> given the launch of the McLaren.
>
> Well, it's RASF1 that's quiet, not Google groups so much.
>>
>> Orange = nice. Not sure what else I could add though.

> Me no like. A bit of a nod to history, but those big empty spaces on
> the sides look ... empty. Maybe there's a still TBA sponsorship. But
> Petrobras and Dell (which was said to be "major") were announced
> ahead of time.

Zak Brown expects one or two more sponsor announcements before the
season starts, with additional in-season additions possible.

One’s hope with this stuff is always that Trump
is lying. The more disturbing explanation is
that he’s actually confused. - Matthew Yglesias
t***@gmail.com
2018-02-24 02:38:16 UTC

You are gayer by the day.
geoff
2018-02-24 04:41:18 UTC
On 24/02/2018 3:38 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 1:08:22 PM UTC-7, Bob Dubery wrote:
>
>> Me no like.
>
> You are gayer by the day.

Watch your back(side) Bob - SexyTexy will be coming for you .

2018-02-24 05:23:36 UTC
On Saturday, 24 February 2018 06:41:25 UTC+2, geoff wrote:
> On 24/02/2018 3:38 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 1:08:22 PM UTC-7, Bob Dubery wrote:
> >
> >> Me no like.
> >
> > You are gayer by the day.
> >

> Watch your back(side) Bob - SexyTexy will be coming for you .

Well, since I don't consider it to be a bad or a shameful thing to be gay, I can't play that card with him. But I maybe don't feel so wounded either.

I do find him occasionally distasteful (eg the morning after that shooting at a gay bad in Florida when he could have shown just a little decency), but mostly unimaginative and puerile, and the whole thing about belittling somebody for being gay is so last century (and fairly early on in that century).

When NASCAR as an organisation and individual teams in that championship say that being gay is not a problem, that gay people should feel welcome and should be respected, you know the world is moving in a good direction, one in which what you do is important, not what you are.