The runaway returns
2018-03-19 13:01:23 UTC
Sky are scraping the barrel. They've got Nico Rosberg talking bollocks
at several races this year. Be prepared to hear for the Nth time "How I
beat Lewis Hamilton...."

On Sunday, the Grid Kids make their debut. Texarsegate will be wanking
away through the pre-race waffle, if he can get it up.
M2T
2018-03-19 19:37:54 UTC
That didn't take long
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11296991/f1-2018-nico-rosberg-explains-how-to-beat-lewis-hamilton
F1 2018: Nico Rosberg explains how to beat Lewis Hamilton

YAWN
t***@gmail.com
2018-03-19 21:29:30 UTC
YAWN
Yet has consumed your pathetic existence.
M2T
2018-03-19 21:45:26 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
YAWN
Yet has consumed your pathetic existence.
That heavy duty, strawberry flavoured, arse grease arrived ready for the
weekend?
~misfit~
2018-03-19 23:57:15 UTC
That didn't take long
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11296991/f1-2018-nico-rosberg-explains-how-to-beat-lewis-hamilton
F1 2018: Nico Rosberg explains how to beat Lewis Hamilton
YAWN
I actually admire Rosberg. He entered a disipline which he didn't love and
wasn't really great at and became the world champion - by application of wit
and will alone. He started something and saw it through as far as it would
go.

I always said that I thought he wasn't a 'natural' or true racer[*] and he
proved me right by retiring as soon as he achieved his chilhood goal. That
took a mega-tonne of grit and determination and was a feat that is unmatched
anywhere else, by anyone else (TTBOMK).

[*] True racers will race every chance they get. Back in the day, before
teams stopped the pactice GP drivers would race most every weekend,
sometimes every day of each weekend. They'd find a seat somewhere whether it
was at Le Mans, CANAM or just racing a Cortina or Hillman Imp around a
backwater track. Nando is a true racer, he's not been getting the
satisfaction he craves from F1 so has had his contract re-written to allow
him to race elsewhere between Grands Prix. Kimi is a true racer, he came out
of 'retirement' back to F1 (and in the meantime raced everything he could
including boats).

Almost everyone starting in this weekends GP is a true racer (perhaps with
the exception of Stroll, another person chasing a childhood / inherited
dream). Rosberg wasn't and isn't a true racer. A true racer wouldn't have
given up a seat in the dominant team in F1 to retire so young. Sure he's a
family man but so are others on the grid, most of whom wouldn't miss a race
to be there for their partner at the birth of their child.

What Rosberg *is* is the most determined man I know of. I wish I had a half
of his drive. I didn't admire him as a racer but I admire him as a man. (He
should just keep away from F1 altogether now IMO simply because he *isn't* a
racer [and he's a smug bastard], though I know how hard it can be to break a
longtime habit that took over your life.)

2018-03-20 01:01:04 UTC
That didn't take long
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11296991/f1-2018-nico-rosberg-explains-how-to-beat-lewis-hamilton
F1 2018: Nico Rosberg explains how to beat Lewis Hamilton
YAWN
I actually admire Rosberg. He entered a disipline which he didn't love and
wasn't really great at and became the world champion - by application of wit
and will alone. He started something and saw it through as far as it would
go.
I always said that I thought he wasn't a 'natural' or true racer[*] and he
proved me right by retiring as soon as he achieved his chilhood goal. That
took a mega-tonne of grit and determination and was a feat that is unmatched
anywhere else, by anyone else (TTBOMK).
Rosberg had many opportunies to stop racing, but we know now, all the
other options he claimed to have had, never existed. So he's returned or
never left, to commentate and be Kubica's manager.

Another son of a WDC took up racing, didn't like it and retired. That
really took courage.
Post by ~misfit~
[...]
Not only smug, but a fucking whiner. He spent half of his last race
crying on the radio to his team, begging them to get Lewis Hamilton to
move over and let him pass. That's one big fat Zero in the mind games
he continues to claim he's brilliant at.
~misfit~
2018-03-20 03:32:02 UTC
That didn't take long
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11296991/f1-2018-nico-rosberg-explains-how-to-beat-lewis-hamilton
F1 2018: Nico Rosberg explains how to beat Lewis Hamilton
YAWN
I actually admire Rosberg. He entered a disipline which he didn't
love and wasn't really great at and became the world champion - by
application of wit and will alone. He started something and saw it
through as far as it would go.
I always said that I thought he wasn't a 'natural' or true racer[*]
and he proved me right by retiring as soon as he achieved his
chilhood goal. That took a mega-tonne of grit and determination and
was a feat that is unmatched anywhere else, by anyone else (TTBOMK).
Rosberg had many opportunies to stop racing, but we know now, all the
other options he claimed to have had, never existed.
You must know something that I don't because I don't understand that.
Post by M2T
So he's returned
or never left, to commentate and be Kubica's manager.
It's the only life he's ever known, he grew up in and around the F1 world.
Maybe he has more talent at managing than he has driving? He certainly won't
be under anywhere near the same pressure he was when he was driving so migth
enjoy himself more.
Post by M2T
Another son of a WDC took up racing, didn't like it and retired. That
really took courage.
To drop out? By that metric there are millions of courageous people in the
world. What I find impressive is to stick with something that you not only
don't like much but also aren't a natural at - and become world champion. I
certainly don't have that level of fortitude.
[...]
I don't disagree. (It's possible to admire somebody but not like them.
Personally I think Sky made a mistake hiring Rosberg as a commentator and
that they haven't read their target audience very well. I guess being a WDC
is enough to get you work...)
Post by M2T
He spent half of his last race
crying on the radio to his team, begging them to get Lewis Hamilton to
move over and let him pass.
Hamilton couldn't hear that in real time though and if it had worked it
would have helped Rosberg towards his target a lot. Actually it's not bad on
the mind games front - when Hamilton heard it after the race it would
reinforce any insecurity over Rosbergs entitlement. Maybe... LOL.
Post by M2T
That's one big fat Zero in the mind games
he continues to claim he's brilliant at.
He's not brilliant at 'mind games' but he did use psychology to augment his
driving - IMO he wouldn't have beaten Hamilton without the 'mind games'.
When you don't have the talent of the person you're trying to beat you have
to use everything at your disposal (if you're that type of person..).

2018-03-20 04:02:13 UTC
Personally I think Sky made a mistake hiring Rosberg as a commentator
This from a F1, tv coverage, pirater.
M2T
2018-03-20 17:06:42 UTC
This from a bum bandit !
m***@gmail.com
2018-03-20 06:13:36 UTC
Not only smug, but a fucking whiner.
I don't disagree. (It's possible to admire somebody but not like them.
Personally I think Sky made a mistake hiring Rosberg as a commentator and
that they haven't read their target audience very well. I guess being a WDC
is enough to get you work...)
What's their target audience? SKY have a high quality product that is not confined to the UK. They sell it on to other stations who get the FOM picture but don't have their own commentary team.

Also it seems that they will be providing the English language commentary for F1's streaming product. They are not talking only to anoraks in the UK.
M2T
2018-03-20 17:01:45 UTC
[...]
Nico Rosberg, the cleverest driver to race in F1. IQ greater than
Einstein. Offered the opportunity to go to Uni and become the world's
greatest engineer. How do we know that? 'Cos he told everyone.

Instead he opened an ice cream parlour in Spain. For a week or so.
Post by M2T
He spent half of his last race
crying on the radio to his team, begging them to get Lewis Hamilton to
move over and let him pass.
Hamilton couldn't hear that in real time though and if it had worked it
would have helped Rosberg towards his target a lot. Actually it's not bad on
the mind games front - when Hamilton heard it after the race it would
reinforce any insecurity over Rosbergs entitlement. Maybe... LOL.
Rosberg's whining was repeated by Tonto and Lowe over the radio to
Lewis. Please let him pass, he promises to give the place back on the
last lap.
That's one big fat Zero in the mind games
he continues to claim he's brilliant at.
He's not brilliant at 'mind games' but he did use psychology to augment his
driving - IMO he wouldn't have beaten Hamilton without the 'mind games'.
When you don't have the talent of the person you're trying to beat you have
to use everything at your disposal (if you're that type of person..).
He wouldn't have beaten Hamilton without the engine failure that LH
suffered when he was leading a race. The engine was brand new.
~misfit~
2018-03-21 02:15:54 UTC
[...]
Oh OK. I generally don't bother with that sort of 'news'.
Post by M2T
He spent half of his last race
crying on the radio to his team, begging them to get Lewis Hamilton
to move over and let him pass.
Hamilton couldn't hear that in real time though and if it had worked
it would have helped Rosberg towards his target a lot. Actually it's
not bad on the mind games front - when Hamilton heard it after the
race it would reinforce any insecurity over Rosbergs entitlement.
Maybe... LOL.
Rosberg's whining was repeated by Tonto and Lowe over the radio to
Lewis. Please let him pass, he promises to give the place back on the
last lap.
Oh you mean *that* whining incident. (there were quite a few of them..)
That's one big fat Zero in the mind games
he continues to claim he's brilliant at.
He's not brilliant at 'mind games' but he did use psychology to
augment his driving - IMO he wouldn't have beaten Hamilton without
the 'mind games'. When you don't have the talent of the person
you're trying to beat you have to use everything at your disposal
(if you're that type of person..).
He wouldn't have beaten Hamilton without the engine failure that LH
suffered when he was leading a race. The engine was brand new.
Shit happens - I don't think Mercedes deliberately scuppered Hamilton (other
than the musical chairs mechanics thing - knowing that Hamilton values
interpersonal relationships and works best when he knows the people he's
working with well).

2018-03-21 02:20:18 UTC
Oh OK. I generally don't bother with that sort of 'news'.
You piece of shit, asshole.
bra
+1 again
t***@gmail.com
2018-03-20 18:10:38 UTC
+1 again
You're an idiot again.
m***@gmail.com
2018-03-20 06:27:44 UTC
[...]
What opportunities were those? Other than the one that all drivers have - which is to just stop. Or to wait until nobody wants to sign them anymore.

It's not a great deal of fun to watch somebody fading away. Nelson Piquet being a good example. A three times WDC who ended up not being worth the money to sign.
Post by M2T
Another son of a WDC took up racing, didn't like it and retired. That
really took courage.
Those aren't very similar cases. Hill's market value was going down. He'd had only a couple of convincing races in the Arrows in '97, then in his last season his teammate won races and had an outside shot at the WDC whilst Hill was picking up minor points on a good day.

Rosberg is quite an interesting case. He had beaten one of the very best active drivers whilst driving for the same team. This is like Irvine or Barrichello beating Schumacher, or Berger beating Senna.

It took a massive effort from him, and it took some honesty from him to know that he wasn't going to be able to do that two years running.

I think the nearest comparison is Jackie Stewart who decided early on that '73 was going to be his last season, irrespective of what happened in the championship. As it happened he ended up with his third championship, but he can't have known that would happen when he made the decision.
M2T
2018-03-20 17:05:48 UTC
Post by M2T
Another son of a WDC took up racing, didn't like it and retired. That
really took courage.
Those aren't very similar cases. Hill's market value was going down. He'd had only a couple of convincing races in the Arrows in '97, then in his last season his teammate won races and had an outside shot at the WDC whilst Hill was picking up minor points on a good day.
I wasn't writing about Damon Hill.
Post by m***@gmail.com
Rosberg is quite an interesting case. He had beaten one of the very best active drivers whilst driving for the same team. This is like Irvine or Barrichello beating Schumacher, or Berger beating Senna.
WTF are you on about, both Barrichello and Irvine were not allowed to
beat MS. No such orders have been given at Mercedes.
m***@gmail.com
2018-03-20 20:15:27 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Rosberg is quite an interesting case. He had beaten one of the very best active drivers whilst driving for the same team. This is like Irvine or Barrichello beating Schumacher, or Berger beating Senna.
WTF are you on about, both Barrichello and Irvine were not allowed to
beat MS. No such orders have been given at Mercedes.
Well, I was trying to say that Hamilton is the top driver of his time. But YMMV.

Anyway, it occurs to me that your attitude is quite dotty. That being the case, I should apologise for wasting both our time. But more my time than yours.
t***@gmail.com
2018-03-21 02:13:58 UTC
You fucking cunt
bra
+1
t***@gmail.com
2018-03-20 01:53:12 UTC
+1
You're an idiot.
Alister
2018-03-20 10:21:23 UTC
Sky are scraping the barrel. They've got Nico Rosberg talking bollocks
at several races this year. Be prepared to hear for the Nth time "How I
beat Lewis Hamilton...."
On Sunday, the Grid Kids make their debut. Texarsegate will be wanking
away through the pre-race waffle, if he can get it up.
Beating Ham is easy.
get a faster car, out qualify him & don't let him catch up to pass.
Easier said than done though ;-)
--
There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead
armadillos.
-- Jim Hightower, Texas Agricultural Commissioner
M2T
2018-03-20 16:55:57 UTC
Post by Alister
Post by M2T
Sky are scraping the barrel. They've got Nico Rosberg talking bollocks
at several races this year. Be prepared to hear for the Nth time "How I
beat Lewis Hamilton...."
On Sunday, the Grid Kids make their debut. Texarsegate will be wanking
away through the pre-race waffle, if he can get it up.
Beating Ham is easy.
get a faster car, out qualify him & don't let him catch up to pass.
Easier said than done though ;-)
Better still, whine like fuck, get his mechanics changed, hope to fuck
they make a bollocks of keeping the brand new engine working. 25 points
down the shitter. Job done, claim you've out psyched him.
Alister
2018-03-20 19:39:15 UTC
Post by Alister
Post by M2T
Sky are scraping the barrel. They've got Nico Rosberg talking
bollocks at several races this year. Be prepared to hear for the Nth
time "How I beat Lewis Hamilton...."
On Sunday, the Grid Kids make their debut. Texarsegate will be
wanking away through the pre-race waffle, if he can get it up.
Beating Ham is easy.
get a faster car, out qualify him & don't let him catch up to pass.
Easier said than done though ;-)
Better still, whine like fuck, get his mechanics changed, hope to fuck
they make a bollocks of keeping the brand new engine working. 25 points
down the shitter. Job done, claim you've out psyched him.
I think you may have mistaken my humour for something more serious.
I couldn't possibly fail to disagree with you less.
Ar
2018-03-25 07:36:45 UTC
Sky are scraping the barrel.  They've got Nico Rosberg talking bollocks
at several races this year.
Nico Rosberg was on all of today's race coverage on RTL (Germany).