Q3
2018-08-25 22:32:46 UTC
Ah Spa it did it again. Hope the race is as much fun as Q3 was.
Bruce Hoult
2018-08-26 10:15:28 UTC

When was the last time a new team got a 2nd row lockout in quali in their first weekend?
Sir Tim
2018-08-26 12:52:40 UTC
Bruce Hoult <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 3:32:47 PM UTC-7, John wrote:
>> Ah Spa it did it again. Hope the race is as much fun as Q3 was.
>
> When was the last time a new team got a 2nd row lockout in quali in their first weekend?

Ha, ha - never I should think. But of course we all know it’s not *really*
a new team. Great effort nevertheless.

The new Mercedes team had two cars on the front row in its first race
(Reims 1954) but there was a 3-car front row in those days.

https://www.deviantart.com/f1-history/art/1954-French-Grand-Prix-Start-354395391