Todt to stand again as FIA President
2017-05-16 14:37:14 UTC
I haven't seen any comment here about this.

As president Todt has certainly kept a very low profile - sometimes to the
point of invisibility. After the high powered Mosley/Ecclestone duumvirate
he always seemed to me to have an idea uneasy relationship with Bernie;
perhaps he will be a more comfortable fit with the new owners.

The election will be at the end and of the year. It is unclear whether
there will be any other candidates.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/05/12/todt-to-stand-again-as-fia-president/
2017-05-17 04:57:35 UTC
I haven't seen any comment here about this.
As president Todt has certainly kept a very low profile - sometimes to the
point of invisibility. After the high powered Mosley/Ecclestone duumvirate
he always seemed to me to have an idea uneasy relationship with Bernie;
perhaps he will be a more comfortable fit with the new owners.
The election will be at the end and of the year. It is unclear whether
there will be any other candidates.
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/05/12/todt-to-stand-again-as-fia-president/
Todt has been less hands on with F1 than Mosely was. Which is OK, he's head of FIA, not head of F1.

Todt has been primarily concerned with road safety - which is a legitimate area of concern for FIA. Mosley did a lot there too.

Todt has been fortunate in that he's not had to deal with a spygate or a crashgate. But he will have to deal with the lingering problem in F1 - the costs.
~misfit~
2017-05-17 09:05:45 UTC
I haven't seen any comment here about this.
As president Todt has certainly kept a very low profile - sometimes
to the point of invisibility. After the high powered
Mosley/Ecclestone duumvirate he always seemed to me to have an idea
uneasy relationship with Bernie; perhaps he will be a more
comfortable fit with the new owners.
The election will be at the end and of the year. It is unclear whether
there will be any other candidates.
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/05/12/todt-to-stand-again-as-fia-president/
Yep. Brundle interviewed Todt on this very subject on his pre-race grid-walk
on Sunday on Sky. Todt said he doesn't know if he has opposition yet, he's
only just confirned he'd like to stand for re-election (/ selection?).

2017-05-17 16:13:19 UTC
I haven't seen any comment here about this.
As president Todt has certainly kept a very low profile - sometimes
to the point of invisibility. After the high powered
Mosley/Ecclestone duumvirate he always seemed to me to have an idea
uneasy relationship with Bernie; perhaps he will be a more
comfortable fit with the new owners.
The election will be at the end and of the year. It is unclear whether
there will be any other candidates.
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/05/12/todt-to-stand-again-as-fia-president/
Yep. Brundle interviewed Todt on this very subject on his pre-race grid-walk
on Sunday on Sky. Todt said he doesn't know if he has opposition yet, he's
only just confirned he'd like to stand for re-election (/ selection?).
Ah, thanks. I watched the race but missed out on the preamble. I'll go
back to my recording.

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
~misfit~
2017-05-18 00:11:59 UTC
I haven't seen any comment here about this.
As president Todt has certainly kept a very low profile - sometimes
to the point of invisibility. After the high powered
Mosley/Ecclestone duumvirate he always seemed to me to have an idea
uneasy relationship with Bernie; perhaps he will be a more
comfortable fit with the new owners.
The election will be at the end and of the year. It is unclear
whether there will be any other candidates.
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/05/12/todt-to-stand-again-as-fia-president/
Yep. Brundle interviewed Todt on this very subject on his pre-race
grid-walk on Sunday on Sky. Todt said he doesn't know if he has
opposition yet, he's only just confirned he'd like to stand for
re-election (/ selection?).
Ah, thanks. I watched the race but missed out on the preamble. I'll go
back to my recording.
You're welcome. Normally I skip the grid walk as I find it cringe-worthy,
'door-stopping' drivers for interviews when they're preparing for the most
intense part of their weekend and they need to be focussed. Brundle found
Todt right at the back of the grid, just as I was about to skip forward in
my recording.