UK TV coverage for Bahrain GP session by session
Add Reply
m***@yahoo.co.uk
2018-04-05 18:47:33 UTC
TV coverage for Bahrain if you have Sky and/or a satellite dish etc;

1st practice - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4

2nd practice - Sky Sports F1, More 4, N-TV news

3rd practice - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4

Qualifying - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4, RTL

Race - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4, RTL

Each Formula 1 weekend is basically a variation of that coverage around those five TV channels - there is nearly always at least 2 of them showing one session or another depending on your (lack of) equipment.

Sky Sports F1 has multi-screen on the Red Button which keeps the picture even during the adbreaks on the main screen (in practice etc).

I tend to use Channel 4 or RTL or N-TV for the main picture on a big TV, and then put Sky Sports F1 Onboard Mix from the multi-screen on a little portable TV - so that if the main picture cuts to the fields or the clouds etc I can still see at least some of the race going on from onboard a car.

I think the Sky Sports F1 multi-screen allows you to watch particular drivers onboard for the whole race but I don't do that - the Mix screen switches to onboard with a different driver every few minutes.

It also has the Pits (with more driver radio than normal), Timings, and Driver Tracker animation on multi-screen too, but again I don't choose those much.
Sir Tim
2018-04-06 09:22:02 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
[...]
Just like “what aired on hotel TVs in the 1980s”, eh News?