OT: F3 on youtube...
2018-08-19 04:26:01 UTC
Grrr!!! Kids these days! I hate it when I go to watch a race and the top
comment is saying "Yay! XXX number 1!!!" (or similar).

I've tried bitching to the posters in the past but there's too many of them
and they say "Don't read the comments before you watch then." They don't
seem to understand that not everybody watches on a phone and my computer
scales the video window small-ish and automatically loads the first few
comments. By the time I've located the 'fullscreen' button I've peripherally
seen the first > 8 word comment.

Just my bitch for today. There's nobody else here so I'm afraid you guys get
to 'hear' it. I'm still waiting on the first Silverstone race to get
uploaded before I watch the second because watching the second first will
for sure ruin the first for me (and I already know who won the second..).

Have a great day.

2018-08-19 10:46:39 UTC

~misfit~
2018-08-19 12:33:17 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet M2T wrote:
> On 19/08/2018 05:26, ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Grrr!!! Kids these days! I hate it when I go to watch a race and the
>> top comment is saying "Yay! XXX number 1!!!" (or similar).
>>
>> I've tried bitching to the posters in the past but there's too many
>> of them and they say "Don't read the comments before you watch
>> then." They don't seem to understand that not everybody watches on a
>> phone and my computer scales the video window small-ish and
>> automatically loads the first few comments. By the time I've located
>> the 'fullscreen' button I've peripherally seen the first > 8 word
>> comment. Just my bitch for today. There's nobody else here so I'm afraid
>> you
>> guys get to 'hear' it. I'm still waiting on the first Silverstone
>> race to get uploaded before I watch the second because watching the
>> second first will for sure ruin the first for me (and I already know
>> who won the second..). Have a great day.
>>

>> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hide-youtube-comments/
>

>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37402749/url-syntax-for-youtube-video-in-fullscreen-and-start-at-time-index

Thanks. I use Firefox so the first is no good to me. Also I get a
notification in Gmail and can't work out how to copy the URL to modify it as
described in the second URL. All I get is a clickable link and when I right
click it to copy link location the result is really long with 'uploademail'
and a whole bunch of fluff... Like this;
https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=9mWCNEW6NVgqZrfY&u=/watch%3Fv%3DsVU1-zSrqvM%26feature%3Dem-uploademail
and it's hard to know what bit is the bit I keep. I may have to experiment
with it to prevent future spoilers though so appreciated.

(The above youtube video is F1 related and worth watching BTW.)

Cheers,

Geoff May
2018-08-19 12:45:09 UTC
On 19/08/2018 13:33, ~misfit~ wrote:
> Once upon a time on usenet M2T wrote:
>> [snipped]
>>> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hide-youtube-comments/
>>
>>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37402749/url-syntax-for-youtube-video-in-fullscreen-and-start-at-time-index
>
> Thanks. I use Firefox so the first is no good to me. [snipped]

I use Firefox as my default browser but I installed Chrome only for
Youtube as I can cast that to the TV.

Cheers

Geoff
M2T
2018-08-19 13:31:06 UTC
On 19/08/2018 13:45, Geoff May wrote:
> On 19/08/2018 13:33, ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Once upon a time on usenet M2T wrote:
>>> [snipped]

>> Thanks. I use Firefox so the first is no good to me. [snipped]
>
> I use Firefox as my default browser but I installed Chrome only for
> Youtube as I can cast that to the TV.

I've got plenty of programs that are used for one application, like one
browser which allows the use of a free VPN.
~misfit~
2018-08-19 23:58:24 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet M2T wrote:
> On 19/08/2018 13:45, Geoff May wrote:

>>> Thanks. I use Firefox so the first is no good to me. [snipped]
>>
>> I use Firefox as my default browser but I installed Chrome only for
>> Youtube as I can cast that to the TV.
>>

> I've got plenty of programs that are used for one application, like
> one browser which allows the use of a free VPN.

Thanks guys, I'll think about it. My computer's going on 10 years old so I
try to keep installed programmes to a minimum so as not to bog it down.

I'm getting a 404 error for that first link now - maybe because I tried to
open it in Firefox?

Cheers,

2018-08-20 00:54:42 UTC
On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 5:58:31 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:

> My computer's going on 10 years old

Boo fucking hoo.
Cry to the government
for more hand outs.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-20 00:56:34 UTC

Fuck you, asshole.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-20 00:59:14 UTC
On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 5:58:31 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:

> My computer's going on 10 years old

But still capable of pirating F1 tv coverage.
Thief. Loser. Cry baby. Tit fuck.
Geoff May
2018-08-20 06:53:09 UTC
On 20/08/2018 00:58, ~misfit~ wrote:
> Once upon a time on usenet M2T wrote:

>>> I use Firefox as my default browser but I installed Chrome only for
>>> Youtube as I can cast that to the TV.
>>>

>> I've got plenty of programs that are used for one application, like
>> one browser which allows the use of a free VPN.
>
> Thanks guys, I'll think about it. My computer's going on 10 years old so I
> try to keep installed programmes to a minimum so as not to bog it down.
>
> I'm getting a 404 error for that first link now - maybe because I tried to
> open it in Firefox?

I did a quick search and it looks like you may be able to turn the
comments off in Firefox:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB790GB790&ei=BGV6W-HeJoLPwAKrg72QBQ&q=hide+youtube+comments+firefox&oq=hide+youtube+comments&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i71k1l8.0.0.0.20582.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.aHQ2pySZsd8

I've not tried any of these so I cannot confirm they will work.

Cheers

Geoff.
M2T
2018-08-20 11:16:41 UTC
On 20/08/2018 07:53, Geoff May wrote:

>> I'm getting a 404 error for that first link now - maybe because I
>> tried to
>> open it in Firefox?
>
> I did a quick search and it looks like you may be able to turn the
> comments off in Firefox:
> https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB790GB790&ei=BGV6W-HeJoLPwAKrg72QBQ&q=hide+youtube+comments+firefox&oq=hide+youtube+comments&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i71k1l8.0.0.0.20582.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.aHQ2pySZsd8
>

> I've not tried any of these so I cannot confirm they will work.

Will depend upon version of Firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/no-youtube-comments/
~misfit~
2018-08-24 10:01:34 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet M2T wrote:
> On 20/08/2018 07:53, Geoff May wrote:
>
>>> I'm getting a 404 error for that first link now - maybe because I
>>> tried to
>>> open it in Firefox?
>>
>> I did a quick search and it looks like you may be able to turn the
>> comments off in Firefox:
>> https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB790GB790&ei=BGV6W-HeJoLPwAKrg72QBQ&q=hide+youtube+comments+firefox&oq=hide+youtube+comments&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i71k1l8.0.0.0.20582.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.aHQ2pySZsd8
>>

>> I've not tried any of these so I cannot confirm they will work.
>>

> Will depend upon version of Firefox
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/no-youtube-comments/

Thanks guys.

2018-08-20 09:41:57 UTC
~misfit~ wrote:

> Once upon a time on usenet M2T wrote:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hide-youtube-comments/

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37402749/url-syntax-for-youtube-video-in-fullscreen-and-start-at-time-index

> > > I use Firefox as my default browser but I installed Chrome only
> > > for Youtube as I can cast that to the TV.
> > >

> > I've got plenty of programs that are used for one application, like
> > one browser which allows the use of a free VPN.
>
> Thanks guys, I'll think about it. My computer's going on 10 years old
> so I try to keep installed programmes to a minimum so as not to bog
> it down.
>
> I'm getting a 404 error for that first link now - maybe because I
> tried to open it in Firefox?

It was a bad link

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/hide%20youtube%20comments/

Try using f3 channel and the "embed" trick. Seems to work well enough.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfAxcQdW6mxRiZY-EjH4Axw
~misfit~
2018-08-24 10:02:07 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Bigbird wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37402749/url-syntax-for-youtube-video-in-fullscreen-and-start-at-time-index

>>> I've got plenty of programs that are used for one application, like
>>> one browser which allows the use of a free VPN.
>>
>> Thanks guys, I'll think about it. My computer's going on 10 years old
>> so I try to keep installed programmes to a minimum so as not to bog
>> it down.
>>
>> I'm getting a 404 error for that first link now - maybe because I
>> tried to open it in Firefox?
>>

> It was a bad link
>
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/hide%20youtube%20comments/
>
> Try using f3 channel and the "embed" trick. Seems to work well enough.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfAxcQdW6mxRiZY-EjH4Axw

Cheers.

2018-08-19 15:15:10 UTC

Fuck you. Cry baby. Government hand out loser.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-19 15:16:43 UTC
On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 10:26:06 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:
> Grrr!!! Kids these days! I hate it when I go to watch a race and the top
> comment is saying "Yay! XXX number 1!!!" (or similar).
>
> I've tried bitching to the posters in the past but there's too many of them
> and they say "Don't read the comments before you watch then." They don't
> seem to understand that not everybody watches on a phone and my computer
> scales the video window small-ish and automatically loads the first few
> comments. By the time I've located the 'fullscreen' button I've peripherally
> seen the first > 8 word comment.
>
> Just my bitch for today. There's nobody else here so I'm afraid you guys get
> to 'hear' it. I'm still waiting on the first Silverstone race to get
> uploaded before I watch the second because watching the second first will
> for sure ruin the first for me (and I already know who won the second..).
>
> Have a great day.

More self induced bad luck.
Fuck are you stupid.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-19 15:19:01 UTC

That's because you are a fucking cunt.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-19 15:22:46 UTC

You must be a real fucking joy there too.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-19 15:26:10 UTC
On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 10:26:06 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:

> Have a great day.

Take your own advice.
Adjust the meds.