LOL
2017-07-08 06:17:28 UTC
<http://en.f1i.com/magazine/62161-scene-2016-austrian-grand-prix.html/2>

2017-07-08 16:44:33 UTC
<http://en.f1i.com/magazine/62161-scene-2016-austrian-grand-prix.html/2>
I remember when the Shah of Iran visited the UK and British journalists gasped when they saw that all the accompanying Iranian photographers were under orders to film the shah from low down because he was not a tall man and was very sensitive about it, even wearing elevator shoes.

That leads me to the OT photo linked here, showing one of his cars. Loading Image...
bra
2017-07-08 16:46:08 UTC
<http://en.f1i.com/magazine/62161-scene-2016-austrian-grand-prix.html/2>
Was Ferrari desperate, or simply proud, when they laid on this event: Loading Image...
bra
2017-07-08 16:55:56 UTC
As an uncomfortable agnostic I take solace in Dr Samuel Johnson's comments about the poet Christopher Smart who was sometimes put in asylums because of his religious enthusiasm, which he vented in the street. (Smart also wrote a 72-line poem describing how his cat Geoffrey worshipped God.)

Johnson: "I did not think he ought to be shut up. His infirmities are not noxious to society. True, he insisted on people praying with him; but I'd as lief pray with poor Kit Smart as anyone in the Kingdom. Another charge was that he did not love clean linen [clothes]; well, I have no passion for it myself."

Johnson said later that "surely it is madness NOT to pray", and I agree with the old grouch.
bra
2017-07-08 17:13:23 UTC
Johnson said later that "surely it is madness NOT to pray", and I agree with the old grouch.
Last Dr Johnson piece, I promise: it shows that in the 1700s, "simple fishermen" had as good a grasp of psychology as any expensive 2017 sports coach.

During Boswell and Johnson's tour of Scotland and the Islands, their hired boat was overtaken by a storm at night and prospects looked bad. Johnson was panicking in the stern, and the fisherman passed him a stout rope and told Johnson to pull very hard every time the boat rolled. Johnson did this to his best ability through the darkness, and when dawn broke, he saw that the other end of his roped was tied the foot of the mast -------.
geoff
2017-07-09 00:21:45 UTC
As an uncomfortable agnostic I take solace in Dr Samuel Johnson's comments about the poet Christopher Smart who was sometimes put in asylums because of his religious enthusiasm, which he vented in the street. (Smart also wrote a 72-line poem describing how his cat Geoffrey worshipped God.)
Johnson: "I did not think he ought to be shut up. His infirmities are not noxious to society. True, he insisted on people praying with him; but I'd as lief pray with poor Kit Smart as anyone in the Kingdom. Another charge was that he did not love clean linen [clothes]; well, I have no passion for it myself."
Johnson said later that "surely it is madness NOT to pray", and I agree with the old grouch.
Agnostic, how fluffy.

Heard about the agnostic dyslexic insomniac ? Lies awake in bed all
night wondering if there really is a dog.

2017-07-09 01:13:51 UTC
As an uncomfortable agnostic I take solace in Dr Samuel Johnson's comments about the poet Christopher Smart who was sometimes put in asylums because of his religious enthusiasm, which he vented in the street. (Smart also wrote a 72-line poem describing how his cat Geoffrey worshipped God.)
Johnson: "I did not think he ought to be shut up. His infirmities are not noxious to society. True, he insisted on people praying with him; but I'd as lief pray with poor Kit Smart as anyone in the Kingdom. Another charge was that he did not love clean linen [clothes]; well, I have no passion for it myself."
Johnson said later that "surely it is madness NOT to pray", and I agree with the old grouch.
Agnostic, how fluffy.
I figure that to be an atheist, you must be doggedly ;-) and determinedly and committed to proclaim the nonexistence of Dog. Oh, so much work and effort.

Me, I treat it like the FIA ---- things could change any time. Maybe there's no Dog, but in sixteen days' time, whoops, there could suddenly BE a Dog; and that may thence last until the end of never, or the Dog might be a kind of interval between two eternities of dog-lessness.

That's me: 'fluffy if you will, but not a fluffy dog