Vacancy at Mercedes for Chief Strategist
2018-07-01 13:59:53 UTC
James Vowles has to go. Twice he's fucked up this year and lost
Mercedes certain wins.
News
2018-07-01 14:46:04 UTC

Seems they need a new plumber, too. Someone familiar with hydraulics...
CS
2018-07-01 16:22:08 UTC
I reckon that the whole team was stunned by VB's retirement and unfortunately LH's side took their eye off the ball instead of thinking about a VSC.
Where was LH when the VSC started?
Alan Baker
2018-07-01 16:27:11 UTC

I believe they said that they had about 49 seconds to make the call...
Sir Tim
2018-07-01 18:38:25 UTC
Alan Baker <***@ness.biz> wrote:
> On 2018-07-01 9:22 AM, CS wrote:
>> I reckon that the whole team was stunned by VB's retirement and
>> unfortunately LH's side took their eye off the ball instead of thinking about a VSC.
>> Where was LH when the VSC started?
>>

> I believe they said that they had about 49 seconds to make the call...

Yes, but these guys are supposed to be the best in the world.
I thought it was more or less standard practice to pit under a VSC in this
sort of situation because of the advantage to be gained.

2018-07-01 19:05:49 UTC
On 01/07/2018 19:38, Sir Tim wrote:
> Alan Baker <***@ness.biz> wrote:
>> On 2018-07-01 9:22 AM, CS wrote:
>>> I reckon that the whole team was stunned by VB's retirement and
>>> unfortunately LH's side took their eye off the ball instead of thinking about a VSC.
>>> Where was LH when the VSC started?
>>>

>> I believe they said that they had about 49 seconds to make the call...
>>

> Yes, but these guys are supposed to be the best in the world.
> I thought it was more or less standard practice to pit under a VSC in this
> sort of situation because of the advantage to be gained.

According to Tonto, the idiot was caught in 2 minds. Would RB & Ferrari
only pit one car during the VSC. If so, that could leave LH in 3rd
place, behind the cars left out. The prat hadn't thought it through, as
any car left out would still have to pit - probably not under a SC or
VSC and therefore lose time, as LH did.
M2T
2018-07-01 17:07:21 UTC
On 01/07/2018 17:22, CS wrote:
> I reckon that the whole team was stunned by VB's retirement and unfortunately LH's side took their eye off the ball instead of thinking about a VSC.
> Where was LH when the VSC started?

Doesn't matter, they had 2 laps to bring Hamilton in without losing a
place. A total fuck up.
Alister
2018-07-01 17:48:27 UTC
On Sun, 01 Jul 2018 18:07:21 +0100, M2T wrote:

> On 01/07/2018 17:22, CS wrote:
>> I reckon that the whole team was stunned by VB's retirement and
>> unfortunately LH's side took their eye off the ball instead of thinking
>> about a VSC.
>> Where was LH when the VSC started?
>>

> Doesn't matter, they had 2 laps to bring Hamilton in without losing a
> place. A total fuck up.

its playing havoc with my placings in the pool
beginning to think I should have done a Rosburg ;-)
oh well there is always next year

--
For every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill.
-- R. Clopton
Sir Tim
2018-07-01 18:38:25 UTC
M2T <***@HomX.com> wrote:

> James Vowles has to go. Twice he's fucked up this year and lost
> Mercedes certain wins.

TBF his decision didn’t actually lose Mercedes the win, loss of fuel
pressure saw to that. Doesn’t excuse the fuckup though.

2018-07-01 19:07:15 UTC

Mercedes turning into McLaren. Braindead strategy and finger trouble.
keefy
2018-07-01 22:04:40 UTC
On 01/07/18 21:07, M2T wrote:
> On 01/07/2018 19:38, Sir Tim wrote:
>> M2T <***@HomX.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> James Vowles has to go.  Twice he's fucked up this year and lost
>>> Mercedes certain wins.
>>>
>> TBF his decision didn’t actually lose Mercedes the win, loss of fuel
>> pressure saw to that. Doesn’t excuse the fuckup though.
>>

> Mercedes turning into McLaren.  Braindead strategy and finger trouble.

So is the current strategist new in the role? Or is he the same one who
helped them win the last 4 consecutive WCCs? If the latter I would say
that is quite good for someone who is brain dead!
M2T
2018-07-01 22:30:35 UTC
On 01/07/2018 23:04, keefy wrote:
> On 01/07/18 21:07, M2T wrote:

>>> TBF his decision didn’t actually lose Mercedes the win, loss of fuel
>>> pressure saw to that. Doesn’t excuse the fuckup though.
>>>

>> Mercedes turning into McLaren.  Braindead strategy and finger trouble.
>>
> So is the current strategist new in the role? Or is he the same one who
> helped them win the last 4 consecutive WCCs? If the latter I would say
> that is quite good for someone who is brain dead!

1 - I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies saying he hasn't had to work
that hard in the past 4 seasons.

2 - He has made errors in previous years.

3 - No one stays at the top forever, especially in such a pressurised
environment. Would you sign up Gary Anderson to design a new F1 car?
t***@gmail.com
2018-07-01 23:18:59 UTC
On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 4:30:36 PM UTC-6, M2T wrote:

> I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies

You fucking weirdo.