OT: whose E-type was it?
2018-05-19 21:47:03 UTC
Lots of photos and its date --- 1968 ---- but who lent it to Harry and the missus?

A 1968 would need serious work, but it ranks above that lorry that Prince Charles used to show his 'sporting' credentials.
Mark Jackson
2018-05-19 22:02:06 UTC
Lots of photos and its date --- 1968 ---- but who lent it to Harry and the missus?
A 1968 would need serious work
One of my ex-Xerox colleagues, a seriously hands-on engineer, is 6
months into a complete teardown and restoration of a 1971 E-type
convertible. (He sold his 10-year restoration project, a 1929 REO, to
make room for this in his garage workshop, alongside the classic
tractors and antique steam car.) He posts photos on Facebook
(restricted to FoFs unfortunately); this week's update is "The body has
been braced and I have started cutting it apart to get to all the rusted
bits."
Belief in a market economy in which the consumer
is sovereign is one of our most pervasive forms
of fraud. - John Kenneth Galbraith
keithr0
2018-05-20 04:03:03 UTC
Did anybody notice that it was LHD?
geoff
2018-05-20 06:36:58 UTC
Post by keithr0
Post by bra
Lots of photos and its date --- 1968 ---- but who lent it to Harry and the missus?
A 1968 would need serious work, but it ranks above that lorry that
Prince Charles used to show his 'sporting' credentials.
Did anybody notice that it was LHD?
Yes, and were they wearing seatbelts ?

geoff
Brian W Lawrence
2018-05-20 06:12:01 UTC
Lots of photos and its date --- 1968 ---- but who lent it to Harry and the missus?
I'd imagine it was lent by Jaguar Land Rover, as it's part of their
Concept Zero range.

"The E-Type Zero is one of three battery-powered cars Jaguar showcased
at its Tech Fest event last year in London.

Jaguar hopes to electrify every new model in its range starting in 2020."

https://jlrtechfest.com/news/1
M2T
2018-05-20 09:17:36 UTC
Lots of photos and its date --- 1968 ---- but who lent it to Harry and the missus?
A 1968 would need serious work, but it ranks above that lorry that Prince Charles used to show his 'sporting' credentials.
https://autojosh.com/vintage-jaguar-e-type-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-drove-to-their-wedding-reception/

Iffy numberplate too E190520. I don't think the car was taken onto
public roads.
Brian W Lawrence
2018-05-20 09:31:50 UTC
Lots of photos and its date --- 1968 ---- but who lent it to Harry and the missus?
A 1968 would need serious work, but it ranks above that lorry that
Prince Charles used to show his 'sporting' credentials.
https://autojosh.com/vintage-jaguar-e-type-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-drove-to-their-wedding-reception/
Iffy numberplate too E190520. I don't think the car was taken onto
public roads.
Actually E190518, which is the date of the wedding.

<http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/05/19/harry-and-meghans-blue-jaguar-is-500000-green-machine.html>

"The Sun reports that they rented the left-hand-drive car for the event,
but Jaguar will be happy to build and sell you one just like it for
around $500,000."
bra
What a feast of info that generated --- now, where is the damn' LHD car and who's it belong to?
Willsy
2018-05-22 13:11:51 UTC
Lots of photos and its date --- 1968 ---- but who lent it to Harry and the missus?
A 1968 would need serious work, but it ranks above that lorry that Prince Charles used to show his 'sporting' credentials.
The car is a new electric car. It just looks like an E-Type. It was owned
by the bass player of Jamiroquai, who has sadly passed away from cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5755279/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Jaguar-Prince-Harry-Meghan-drove-belonged-Jamiroquai-musician.html
bra
2018-05-22 15:33:36 UTC
Thank you! Story is now complete.
build
2018-05-23 07:50:01 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by bra
Lots of photos and its date --- 1968 ---- but who lent it to Harry and the missus?
A 1968 would need serious work, but it ranks above that lorry that Prince Charles used to show his 'sporting' credentials.
The car is a new electric car. It just looks like an E-Type. It was owned
by the bass player of Jamiroquai, who has sadly passed away from cancer.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5755279/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Jaguar-Prince-Harry-Meghan-drove-belonged-Jamiroquai-musician.html
I didn't watch the wedding but I'm reliably told that no, it's *not* new, it *is* a genuine 1968 E-Type Roadster restored but stuffed up with an electric motor and bloody horrible interior. Thankfully they basically kept the car original so it's reversible, an original real engine and interior can be installed.

beers,
bra
2018-05-23 15:34:10 UTC
I didn't watch the wedding but I'm reliably told that no, it's *not* new, it *is* a genuine 1968 E-Type Roadster restored but stuffed up with an electric motor and bloody horrible interior. Thankfully they basically kept the car original so it's reversible, an original real engine and interior can be installed.
http://youtu.be/610Amyhpzzk
beers,
REAL ENGINE, YES:https://www.eaglegb.com/85/about-eagle-etypes/etype-upgrades-from-eagle/aluminium-47-litre-engine
Grant
2018-05-22 18:24:27 UTC
Lots of photos and its date --- 1968 ---- but who lent it to Harry and the missus?
A 1968 would need serious work, but it ranks above that lorry that Prince
Charles used to show his 'sporting' credentials.
It was Leased from Jaguar, its electric.

---
https://www.avg.com