2018-05-26 13:15:34 UTC
I'm watching F1 TV live now and here are a few thoughts:
1. No hiccups with the signal so far. They seem to have worked out the issues with the main feed. There are still stutters and jump on the driver cams but I think that is a feature of the signal as they move around the track.
2. You can't pause or rewind during the live stream. This is too bad as it makes the ability to switch to driver cams less useful on live. You should still be able to do it on the replay.
3. In the driver view if you are listening to the FX (ambient sound only), you don't get the team radio. You do get the world feed radio injects when watching the main feed in FX mode.)
4. The driver feed Team Radio is completely free and clear of censorship. Kimi was very unhappy with Botas for blocking him in the tunnel. (In the calm Scandinavian sort of way...)
5. It is still really cool to just listen to the noise. The Main Feed on FX is probable the bases way to watch IMHO.
6. There is no feed from the VER car. I suppose that is obvious but I thought it worth checking on. It would be really cool if they were running the video and/or the FX feed while they worked on the car.