RB use Honda power next year
2018-06-19 10:19:43 UTC
The engine will be rebadged as a Timex.

The McLaren will continue to be shite.

Big question - what will Ricciardo do?
Willsy
2018-06-19 17:34:08 UTC
The engine will be rebadged as a Timex.
The McLaren will continue to be shite.
Big question - what will Ricciardo do?
Indeed. To where? He doesn't seem to have a lot of options. I imagine he will
stay, but rather terrified of the thought of a Honda PU in the car.

It looks like RB have resigned themselves to a couple of seasons (at least)
of rather meagre points tallies; they seem to imply that they recognise that
further development is still required on the engine.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire?
M2T
2018-06-19 17:50:44 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by M2T
The engine will be rebadged as a Timex.
The McLaren will continue to be shite.
Big question - what will Ricciardo do?
Indeed. To where? He doesn't seem to have a lot of options. I imagine he will
stay, but rather terrified of the thought of a Honda PU in the car.
It looks like RB have resigned themselves to a couple of seasons (at least)
of rather meagre points tallies; they seem to imply that they recognise that
further development is still required on the engine.
Out of the frying pan and into the fire?
The Bullies will make more money out of Honda that McLaren did - no
superstar wages to pay. If the Honda is crap, not a problem as the
contract is only for 2 years - gives them time to get involved in a new
2021 engine design with Cosworth/Aston Martin. One option will have to
work, 'cos they ain't getting a Ferrari, Mercedes or Renault engine any
time soon, or ever.

RB must believe their chassis will put them ahead of many other teams,
even with a duff motor.
Bruce Hoult
2018-06-19 20:04:26 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by M2T
The engine will be rebadged as a Timex.
The McLaren will continue to be shiRB use Honda power next year (3)
te.
Post by M2T
Post by Willsy
Post by M2T
[...]
I dunno. The Honda donk has looked not so bad this year. Gasly has had a few good finishes with it already, including a 4th place. Red Bull would surely do better with it than Toro Rosso.

I reckon McLaren gave up too early.
geoff
2018-06-19 20:06:36 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by M2T
Post by M2T
Post by Willsy
Post by M2T
[...]
Edmundo disagrees, for sure !

2018-06-19 20:47:12 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by M2T
Post by M2T
Post by Willsy
Post by M2T
[...]
They should have ditched those clowns 3 years ago.

2018-06-19 21:22:43 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by M2T
Post by M2T
Post by Willsy
Post by M2T
[...]
Good idea. Fred would have left Ferrari and ended up working for Uber.