Toro Rosso F1 team summoned to stewards over 'unsafe' Sainz car
2017-07-13 17:43:00 UTC
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130699
I believe I am right. And, if not right, plausible.
- Ignatius Donnelly
Dan the Man
2017-07-13 19:54:55 UTC
Yikes, Carlos must be wondering if the team wants him kaput?
Mark Jackson
2017-07-13 21:15:47 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130699
Yikes, Carlos must be wondering if the team wants him kaput?
Perhaps it's just a warning - a horse's severed head wouldn't fit into
the cockpit.
I believe I am right. And, if not right, plausible.
- Ignatius Donnelly
Brian W Lawrence
2017-07-14 09:55:24 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130699
It seems this was a bit of a misunderstanding. The scrutineers
were not happy with the wheel tether and asked for it to be
changed. The team didn't see any need to change as their 'new'
tethers were in the same state as the 'old' ones. That said, if
all the tethers were in that condition why was it only Sainz's
car that had an issue?

---
Brian W Lawrence
2017-07-14 11:41:44 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130699
It seems this was a bit of a misunderstanding. The scrutineers
were not happy with the wheel tether and asked for it to be
changed. The team didn't see any need to change as their 'new'
tethers were in the same state as the 'old' ones. That said, if
all the tethers were in that condition why was it only Sainz's
car that had an issue?
Stewards Doc. #11 has more info. which clarifies the above - there
was 'damage' which was fixed by a new tether. The 'problem' of
knots in the tether turned out to be a normal thing according to
teams and the manufacturer.

---