Palmer out
2017-10-07 17:18:32 UTC
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/359430/sainz-jr-moves-to-renault-from-us-gp/

Sad, but inevitable. Hope he got a decent financial settlement.

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
a425couple
2017-10-07 22:26:13 UTC
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/359430/sainz-jr-moves-to-renault-from-us-gp/
Sad, but inevitable. Hope he got a decent financial settlement.
Really?!
You think getting 2 points finishes in 2 years has
earned him a golden parachute?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolyon_Palmer
Sir Tim
No, but I think he had a contract.
m***@gmail.com
2017-10-08 03:34:39 UTC
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/359430/sainz-jr-moves-to-renault-from-us-gp/
Sad, but inevitable. Hope he got a decent financial settlement.
There was talk before Malaysia that he'd been offered a lump sum severance payment if he'd go early and open up the seat for Sainz - but he'd not taken it then.

Now with not many F1 options before him, he does better to take the money.
Martin Harran
2017-10-09 12:08:05 UTC
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/359430/sainz-jr-moves-to-renault-from-us-gp/
Sad, but inevitable. Hope he got a decent financial settlement.
<quote>"I would like to thank Jolyon for his commitment to the team
and his professionalism," said Renault chief Cyril Abiteboul.

"Since Renault's return to Formula 1, Jolyon has been highly dedicated
in an evolving environment.

"He has shown great personal qualities and we wish him all the best in
his future career."</quote>

Kinda sums it up - a nice guy but not a great driver.
Dan the Man
He worked at it, but PAL just didn't have the talent.
m***@gmail.com
2017-10-09 18:21:47 UTC
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/359430/sainz-jr-moves-to-renault-from-us-gp/
Sad, but inevitable. Hope he got a decent financial settlement.
I remember thinking that early on he looked combative, and I liked that. But the results haven't come.

Bad luck? He's had the best part of two years. If it were just luck, things would have evened out by now.
t***@gmail.com
2017-10-10 02:52:41 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
he looked combative, and I liked that.
Like when your boyfriend gets rough.
Post by m***@gmail.com
But the results haven't come.
Unlike your boyfriend in your butthole.
m***@yahoo.co.uk
2017-10-11 20:39:12 UTC
Palmer got a 7 digit pay out according to The Metro newspaper;

(Quote)

"LEWIS HAMILTON’S fortunes are at odds with Jolyon Palmer, the other F1 Brit who, at 26 years old, finds himself on the scrapheap.

Renault will take Carlos Sainz from Toro Rosso early to get him up to speed. Jolyon is a good driver and an impressive young man, but never really gelled with the team.

‘The stress levels have been pretty huge, it’s been difficult,’ said Palmer, who will have the blow softened by a seven-figure settlement. ‘I’m out, that’s F1 and it’s a shame.’

I doubt Palmer will find another F1 drive for next season but he’ll have several lucrative options in Indy Car and the World Endurance Championship. Or maybe he’ll do what his dad Jonathan did and get a commentating gig in F1. Could be entertaining to hear him rip into Renault over the microphone."

(End of quote)
~misfit~
2017-10-12 01:45:22 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
Palmer got a 7 digit pay out according to The Metro newspaper;
(Quote)
"LEWIS HAMILTON'S fortunes are at odds with Jolyon Palmer, the other
F1 Brit who, at 26 years old, finds himself on the scrapheap.
Renault will take Carlos Sainz from Toro Rosso early to get him up to
speed. Jolyon is a good driver and an impressive young man,
but never really gelled with the team.
Says who? A journo?
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
'The stress levels have been pretty huge, it's been difficult,' said
Palmer, who will have the blow softened by a seven-figure settlement.
'I'm out, that's F1 and it's a shame.'
I doubt Palmer will find another F1 drive for next season but he'll
have several lucrative options in Indy Car and the World Endurance
Championship. Or maybe he'll do what his dad Jonathan did and get a
commentating gig in F1. Could be entertaining to hear him rip into
Renault over the microphone."
(End of quote)
Two 'quote' posts and no source URL?

I think you'll find that the so-called 'payout' is in fact a partial refund
of the money that Jolyon took with him to Renault.

2017-10-12 07:50:28 UTC
I think you'll find that the so-called 'payout' is in fact a partial refund
of the money that Jolyon took with him to Renault.
What? He's a pay driver with a rich daddy?

Say it isn't so.