Fuggedaboudit, Chase. Nobody's going near the ask for F1 in NYC.
2017-09-25 21:19:42 UTC
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/signs-point-f1-targeting-us-east-coast-argentina-future-races?utm_source=RacingDaily20170925
bra
2017-09-25 21:46:53 UTC
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/signs-point-f1-targeting-us-east-coast-argentina-future-races?utm_source=RacingDaily20170925
New York, sure, whatever --- but never ever Brands Hatch, the most testing and most attractive circuit in the UK.
Sir Tim
2017-09-26 13:03:39 UTC
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/signs-point-f1-targeting-us-east-coast-argentina-future-races?utm_source=RacingDaily20170925
New York, sure, whatever --- but never ever Brands Hatch, the most
testing and most attractive circuit in the UK.
Sadly the powerful local residents' lobby means that it is impossible that
Brands will ever host another GP - despite the fact that there was racing
there long before their houses were built.
2017-09-26 18:32:14 UTC
Sadly the powerful local residents' lobby means that it is impossible that
Brands will ever host another GP - despite the fact that there was racing
there long before their houses were built.
As that it? Local activism? Being in the states, I've never really dug into it much.

I always thought the BRDC was mucking it up.

2017-09-26 19:09:41 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by Sir Tim
Sadly the powerful local residents' lobby means that it is impossible that
Brands will ever host another GP - despite the fact that there was racing
there long before their houses were built.
As that it? Local activism? Being in the states, I've never really dug into it much.
I always thought the BRDC was mucking it up.
Hah, we tired of being played the fool on public-financed and
taxpayer-subsidized sports projects and events. LA will have to prove
they can beat the odds again on the 2028 Summer Olympics. Good luck!
Sir Tim
2017-09-26 22:29:42 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by Sir Tim
Sadly the powerful local residents' lobby means that it is impossible that
Brands will ever host another GP - despite the fact that there was racing
there long before their houses were built.
As that it? Local activism? Being in the states, I've never really dug into it much.
IIRC Bernie had granted Brands Hatch Leisure a contract to run the British
GP at Brands from 2002 onwards but this was conditional on major
improvements being made to the circuit and its facilities. BHL actually got
planning permission but this was called in after protests by environmental
groups and the residents of a local executive housing estate. BH is still
subject to a curfew on running engines (6.30p.m. to 10.00a.m.I think).