Kimi and Ferrari
2018-07-09 12:13:38 UTC
What do Ferrari do if Kimi keeps up this level of performance? If he podiums all the rest of the races (baring mechanical failures and being crashed into...) - do they still drop him?

2018-07-09 12:38:01 UTC
Post by D Munz
What do Ferrari do if Kimi keeps up this level of performance? If he podiums all the rest of the races (baring mechanical failures and being crashed into...) - do they still drop him?
FWIW
He's already been dropped. Kimi is trying to prove a point.
jtees4
2018-07-09 19:43:35 UTC
Post by D Munz
What do Ferrari do if Kimi keeps up this level of performance? If he podiums all the rest of the races (baring mechanical failures and being crashed into...) - do they still drop him?
I happen to be a huge Ferarri fan, but seriously....i think Kimi
doesn't have to worry too much about being crashed into, just him
running into others. I really like Kmi, but his days are numbered and
I'm sure he is aware of it. It would be nice if he can manage to win
one this year.
Willsy
2018-07-11 09:51:17 UTC
Post by D Munz
What do Ferrari do if Kimi keeps up this level of performance? If he podiums all the rest of the races (baring mechanical failures and being crashed into...) - do they still drop him?
He should go to Williams for the money (assuming they have any) and help
them sort out their car. The two babies they are currently employing to
drive their cars are in no position to help the engineers with sorting out
the car's problems.

It was a HUGE mistake to get rid of Massa. I can only assume it was done
to save money.

Eddie Jordan was right. HUGE mistake to get rid of Massa.
Sir Tim
2018-07-11 10:26:41 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by D Munz
What do Ferrari do if Kimi keeps up this level of performance? If he
podiums all the rest of the races (baring mechanical failures and being
crashed into...) - do they still drop him?
He should go to Williams for the money (assuming they have any) and help
them sort out their car. The two babies they are currently employing to
drive their cars are in no position to help the engineers with sorting out
the car's problems.
Whilst having two inexperienced drivers certainly does not help matters I
think that Williams’ problem is more fundamental than that. It’s clear that
there is a serious flaw in the design and I doubt that Massa or Raikkonen
could help much with that, apart perhaps from being able to describe the
symptoms more accurately.

Personally I think that this is the moment for Kimi to retire
(definitively). His near-pole lap at Silverstone showed that he is still
one of the best drivers in the world and it would be better to quit whilst
still at the top surely? Michael Schumacher tarnished his reputation
slightly as a result of an ill-conceived comeback attempt and Kimi can’t
need the money!
Naked Fame
2018-07-11 12:32:08 UTC
Personally I think that this is the moment for Kimi to retire
(definitively). His near-pole lap at Silverstone showed that he is still
one of the best drivers in the world and it would be better to quit whilst
still at the top surely? Michael Schumacher tarnished his reputation
slightly as a result of an ill-conceived comeback attempt and Kimi can’t
need the money!
But what if Kimi likes racing a lot and doesn't give a damn for his
reputation? That's what I think his stance would be on this.
Signature
M2T
2018-07-11 13:59:36 UTC
Post by Naked Fame
Post by Sir Tim
Personally I think that this is the moment for Kimi to retire
(definitively). His near-pole lap at Silverstone showed that he is still
one of the best drivers in the world and it would be better to quit whilst
still at the top surely? Michael Schumacher tarnished his reputation
slightly as a result of an ill-conceived comeback attempt and Kimi can’t
need the money!
But what if Kimi likes racing a lot and doesn't give a damn for his
reputation? That's what I think his stance would be on this.
There's always the Tipple Crown.