OT: Bungee Jumping
2017-07-08 17:05:55 UTC
Not sure if it was shown on all versions of the World Feed but here in the States, as they were cutting to adds between Q2 and Q3 they panned across a bungee jumping rig. If you watch closely, it looks like the poor woman who was jumping hit her head on the basket on the first rebound. The basket moves (but that could be from the jump in general) and she grabs her head and holds it until they go to adds.

Bungee jumping was a massive craze over here a number of years ago. They were even constructing sami-perminant structures to jump from. Never really my thing but lots of folks were into it.

2017-07-08 21:44:42 UTC
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 10:05:57 AM UTC-7, D Munz wrote:

If you watch closely, it looks like the poor woman who was jumping hit her head on the basket [ --- ] and she grabs her head and holds it until they go to ads.

Theoretically, given a long enough drop and a high-tension rope at the ankles, a jumper could lose his/her head altogether, without hitting any obstacles. Ugh, sorry.

If you swing a goose very very fast by holding its legs, you can separate its neck bones (to quote Michael Caine, "NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW THAT", but he didn't grow up on a poultry farm).
b***@topmail.co.nz
2017-07-08 23:44:56 UTC
Post by D Munz
Bungee jumping was a massive craze over here a number of years ago. They were even constructing sami-perminant structures to jump from. Never really my thing but lots of folks were into it.
In my town, the bungee jumping tower closed down. It hasn't gone to waste.
It now has about 37 mobile phone antennae stuck on it.