Total Strategy
2017-12-18 04:43:03 UTC
I bought this book as an early Christmas present from me to me. I'm not done with it yet, but it's a very interesting read, and already I feel able to say that the book is worth a mention in any late notes to Santa.

Essentially it is Parr interviewing Brawn, and it makes very good, very interesting reading as Brawn takes a walk through his career and some of his management methods.
Bigbird
2017-12-18 06:59:41 UTC
***@gmail.com wrote:

> I bought this book as an early Christmas present from me to me. I'm
> not done with it yet, but it's a very interesting read, and already I
> feel able to say that the book is worth a mention in any late notes
> to Santa.
>
> Essentially it is Parr interviewing Brawn, and it makes very good,
> very interesting reading as Brawn takes a walk through his career and
> some of his management methods.

Sounds very like a book I bought a year or so ago.

"Total Competition"
~misfit~
2017-12-18 10:59:35 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Bigbird wrote:
> ***@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I bought this book as an early Christmas present from me to me. I'm
>> not done with it yet, but it's a very interesting read, and already I
>> feel able to say that the book is worth a mention in any late notes
>> to Santa.
>>
>> Essentially it is Parr interviewing Brawn, and it makes very good,
>> very interesting reading as Brawn takes a walk through his career and
>> some of his management methods.
>
> Sounds very like a book I bought a year or so ago.
>
> "Total Competition"

It makes you wonder.....

2017-12-18 16:07:45 UTC

You fucking sad cunt.
t***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 21:33:34 UTC
On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 3:59:41 AM UTC-7, ~misfit~ wrote:

> It makes you wonder.....

Only if you are sitting in a soiled diaper,
waiting for your next government hand out.
t***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 21:34:47 UTC

You? Speak for yourself cock sucker.
m***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 07:46:26 UTC
On Monday, 18 December 2017 06:43:05 UTC+2, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> I bought this book as an early Christmas present from me to me. I'm not done with it yet, but it's a very interesting read, and already I feel able to say that the book is worth a mention in any late notes to Santa.
>
> Essentially it is Parr interviewing Brawn, and it makes very good, very interesting reading as Brawn takes a walk through his career and some of his management methods.

Bah! Humbug! It is Total COMPETITION.

For the avoidance of doubt, it is this title
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Total-Competition-Lessons-Strategy-Formula/dp/1471162389/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509803021&sr=8-1&keywords=ross+brawn
m***@gmail.com
2017-12-27 06:49:37 UTC
On Monday, 18 December 2017 09:46:29 UTC+2, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, 18 December 2017 06:43:05 UTC+2, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> > I bought this book as an early Christmas present from me to me. I'm not done with it yet, but it's a very interesting read, and already I feel able to say that the book is worth a mention in any late notes to Santa.
> >
> > Essentially it is Parr interviewing Brawn, and it makes very good, very interesting reading as Brawn takes a walk through his career and some of his management methods.
>
> Bah! Humbug! It is Total COMPETITION.
>
> For the avoidance of doubt, it is this title
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Total-Competition-Lessons-Strategy-Formula/dp/1471162389/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509803021&sr=8-1&keywords=ross+brawn

OK... I just finished it this morning, and I think it's well worth it for anybody who is interested in Brawn's great success or wants to get some behind the scenes insights into F1.

I found it cheaper on Google Play than on Kindle, but YMMV.
D Munz
2018-02-24 18:05:26 UTC
> OK... I just finished it this morning, and I think it's well worth it for anybody who is interested in Brawn's great success or wants to get some behind the scenes insights into F1.
>
> I found it cheaper on Google Play than on Kindle, but YMMV.

I managed to get through it last weekend. It is an interesting read in that it is a leadership/strategy book wrapped in F1 gossip. By that I mean that I kept reading on for the next juicy bit of gossip but when I got to the end I really liked how they wrapped up the strategy bits in the observations section.

So it, for me, was just another slog through a leadership book that turned out to be really interesting and fun. Granted, this is what I expected from a book by Parr and Brawn but my retention of the leadership bits was surprising. (I realized it when I read through the observations.)

They (Parr) lean a little heavy on the Art of War but you can skim those bits.

2018-02-25 16:13:13 UTC
On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 10:05:29 AM UTC-8, D Munz wrote:

> So it, for me, was just another slog through a leadership book that turned out to be really interesting and fun.

God protect me from 'leadership books'.
The business management guru Henry Minztberg once said that any board of directors that hired consultants to chart their company's course should all be dismissed!
m***@gmail.com
2018-02-26 03:20:25 UTC
On Sunday, 25 February 2018 18:13:16 UTC+2, bra wrote:
> On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 10:05:29 AM UTC-8, D Munz wrote:
>
> > So it, for me, was just another slog through a leadership book that turned out to be really interesting and fun.
>
> God protect me from 'leadership books'.
> The business management guru Henry Minztberg once said that any board of directors that hired consultants to chart their company's course should all be dismissed!

I have some sympathy for that point of view. However, Brawn does have a large amount of success on his CV. He got the success first, then wrote the book.

And I must be honest, I didn't read it as a book about leadership, particularly. At least not leadership in general, though clearly that is one angle from which the book may be approached. You can read it just for the insights into F1 politicking and behind the scenes looks at one of the most notable careers in F1.