re stabbings
2017-06-04 19:18:14 UTC
Some news reports had conflated Borough Bridge with Vauxhall:

The British papers are now reassuring people that, occurring at the same time as the London attack, the nearby stabbing in Vauxhall was NOT terrorist-related; it was just an ordinary Saturday night stabbing by an ordinary person.

So that's alright.
Sir Tim
2017-06-04 21:40:13 UTC
The British papers are now reassuring people that, occurring at the same
time as the London attack, the nearby stabbing in Vauxhall was NOT
terrorist-related; it was just an ordinary Saturday night stabbing by an ordinary person.
So that's alright.
Which British papers?
The only report I have read was this|

"Officers were dispatched to the tube and rail station in south London
yesterday as the attack which killed seven in London Bridge and Market
Borough was unfolding.
Initially, it was believed that there had been a stabbing but after
confirming the incident was not connected to the terror attack last night,
police have established that it was a false alarm.
A spokesman for the force said this morning that the incident was reported
in ‘good faith’ by a member of the public and there were no injuries and no
arrests made."
Guardian online. Seems they were slow to report the NON stabbing. I deleted my post soon after I'd sent it, because it was a wee bit sarcastic in the circumstances.
~misfit~
2017-06-05 00:15:32 UTC
[...]
"Deleting posts" doesn't work with the real usenet - only with parasitic
feeds. I see your original post just fine.

2017-06-05 00:29:53 UTC
The British papers are now reassuring people that, occurring at the same time as the London attack, the nearby stabbing in Vauxhall was NOT terrorist-related; it was just an ordinary Saturday night stabbing by an ordinary person.
So that's alright.
Not alright, but not uncommon. Maybe they should all have handguns .....