US coverage returning to ESPN/ABC
Add Reply
Dan the Man
2017-10-06 16:15:38 UTC
...as of next year.
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/20912083/espn-secures-us-formula-one-rights-2018
John
2017-10-06 16:33:07 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
...as of next year.
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/20912083/espn-secures-us-formula-one-rights-2018
GAG!
D Munz
2017-10-06 16:51:43 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
...as of next year.
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/20912083/espn-secures-us-formula-one-rights-2018
GAG!
Hopefully they keep Matchett. The other guys are ok, but I really like his insight. I still remember when he subbed in for someone the first time and it brought the level of information up so much (granted the floor was very low. It may have been ESPN at the time or, more likely Speedvision.)

Maybe they will bring back the old Wide, wide world of sports intro.

Dan the Man
It will be interesting to see who announces. I'm thinking this might be the end of the line for the venerable David Hobbs. I HOPE Leigh Diffey isn't carried over. Matchett was too excitable when he first went on the air, but he has calmed down considerably.
t***@gmail.com
2017-10-08 03:12:21 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
It will be interesting to see who announces. I'm thinking this might be the end of the line for the venerable David Hobbs. I HOPE Leigh Diffey isn't carried over. Matchett was too excitable when he first went on the air, but he has calmed down considerably.
Looks like you better get your feed elsewhere
and save yourself the stress.
Mark Jackson
2017-10-25 02:08:50 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 9:15:39 AM UTC-7, Dan the Man
Post by Dan the Man
...as of next year.
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/20912083/espn-secures-us-formula-one-rights-2018
Hopefully they keep Matchett. The other guys are ok, but I really >> like his insight. I still remember when he subbed in for someone
the first time and it brought the level of information up so much
(granted the floor was very low. It may have been ESPN at the
time or, more likely Speedvision.)
It will be interesting to see who announces. I'm thinking this might
be the end of the line for the venerable David Hobbs. I HOPE Leigh
Diffey isn't carried over. Matchett was too excitable when he first
went on the air, but he has calmed down considerably.
Saward:

"This deal is clearly only a stop-gap solution and from what I hear
ESPN/ABC will simply take Sky F1’s coverage. A similar deal has just
been done in radio, with Liberty-owned Sirius XM internet radio having
done an F1 deal to broadcast races live, using commentary provided by
the BBC’s 5 Live."

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/notebook-from-a-weird-town/
Whatever may be tolerated in monarchical and despotic
governments, no republic is safe that tolerates
a privileged class. - Frederick Douglass
D Munz
2017-10-25 11:58:16 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
"This deal is clearly only a stop-gap solution and from what I hear
ESPN/ABC will simply take Sky F1’s coverage. A similar deal has just
been done in radio, with Liberty-owned Sirius XM internet radio having
done an F1 deal to broadcast races live, using commentary provided by
the BBC’s 5 Live."
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/notebook-from-a-weird-town/
Whatever may be tolerated in monarchical and despotic
governments, no republic is safe that tolerates
a privileged class. - Frederick Douglass
The next bit in Joe's story said that Liberty is rumored to be putting together their own team for content and commentary in the streaming service. That may be where the current US-based team lands.

So ESPN/ABC gets the Sky re-package and the current US broadcast moves over to on-demand digital.

Not sure how that is good for Sky but we shall see.

2017-10-27 01:27:00 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by Mark Jackson
[...]
Also not sure how they'll fit in their 4 ad breaks an hour during the race
on US coverage without the Sky team 'recapping' after the ad break. I
suppose they'll likely have a small in-studio team to do that...

2017-10-07 01:20:55 UTC
GAG!
On your boyfriend's penis?
Fuck off whiner.
t***@gmail.com
2017-10-07 02:28:10 UTC
This loser does not want more TV coverage of F1.
John
I hope you like your live racing tape delayed for Pro Poker or badminton or an infomercial.
John
2017-10-08 06:03:45 UTC
At ESPN the pecking order goes something like this:
NFL
NBA
College Football
MLB
College Basketball

Everything else gets stuffed in wherever there's space.
m***@gmail.com
2017-10-08 06:38:50 UTC
This is where the Bernie method bears fruit. He would charge you top whack for the whole season, because who was going to spend all that money on all that action and then not show it?
Bigbird
2017-10-08 11:43:40 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
This is where the Bernie method bears fruit. He would charge you top
whack for the whole season, because who was going to spend all that
money on all that action and then not show it?
The BBC