Hamilton Scores Yet Another Record Lap
2017-07-07 13:19:17 UTC
Lewis Hamilton leads Austrian Grand Prix practice with record lap
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130591

Mercedes Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton set the fastest-ever lap around
the Red Bull Ring to top opening practice for the Austrian Grand Prix.

The three-time F1 world champion used soft tyres, the hardest of the
three compounds available this weekend, to clock a 1m05.975s.

That was just over two tenths faster than the circuit's previous fastest
lap, which Hamilton set in the second part of qualifying last year.

It also put him three tenths clear of Red Bull's Max Verstappen, who
used super-soft tyres to leapfrog Valtteri Bottas late on and deny
Mercedes a one-two.

Verstappen had set the session's first benchmark, a 1m08.429s, and that
early effort on softs kept him on top until the Mercedes drivers emerged
on ultra-softs 25 minutes into the session.

Bottas won that initial civil war on a 1m06.845s, before Ferrari's
Sebastian Vettel joined the fight on the half-hour mark.

Vettel recovered from a spin after hitting the inside kerb at Turn 1 to
edge Bottas with a 1m06.826s, but moments later Hamilton lapped three
tenths quicker than his Baku aggressor on a 1m06.526s.

After a mid-session lull Bottas bolted on super-soft tyres to jump to
first on a 1m06.345s, before Hamilton set a series of fast laps on soft
tyres.

He claimed top spot from Bottas with a 1m06.329s then improved again to
his session-best 1m05.975s.

Verstappen improved twice in the final 10 minutes to jump to third and
then second, ahead of Bottas, and had posted the fastest first sector of
the session before a spin at the tight Turn 3 at the top of the hill in
the final minute.

He had also clipped the wall on the outside of the Turn 6 gravel trap
half an hour into the session after a sideways moment, causing light
damage to his right-rear wheel.

Bottas suffered a late spin and wound up third fastest, 0.370s slower
than Hamilton after failing to improve on his super-soft lap, with
Vettel a further tenth back in fourth.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
bra
2017-07-08 16:57:02 UTC

I thought dot [.] was an Andretti devotee, but now we get full-on pastes about a new hero.
Alan Baker
2017-07-08 17:48:05 UTC
Post by .
Lewis Hamilton leads Austrian Grand Prix practice with record lap
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130591
Mercedes Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton set the fastest-ever lap around
the Red Bull Ring to top opening practice for the Austrian Grand Prix.
The three-time F1 world champion used soft tyres, the hardest of the
three compounds available this weekend, to clock a 1m05.975s.
So he's guaranteed to qualify fastest, right?

:-)
Bigbird
2017-07-08 18:38:58 UTC
So he's guaranteed to qualify fastest, right?
Wrong again.
Alan Baker
2017-07-09 07:05:11 UTC
I asked a QUESTION.
Bigbird
2017-07-09 07:52:49 UTC
So he's guaranteed to qualify fastest, right?
Wrong again.
I asked a QUESTION.
Looks like you were asking for confirmation of your inference. Your
inference was wrong.
Alan Baker
2017-07-10 16:17:33 UTC
So he's guaranteed to qualify fastest, right?
Wrong again.
I asked a QUESTION.
Looks like you were asking for confirmation of your inference. Your
inference was wrong.
Nope.

I was poking fun at the Hamilton groupies.

:-)
Bigbird
2017-07-10 16:41:08 UTC
I was poking fun at the Hamilton groupies.
There's just the one of him. A pretty prolific and rather useless
troll. You have set yourself a pointless task.
Alan Baker
2017-07-10 16:51:27 UTC
I was poking fun at the Hamilton groupies.
There's just the one of him. A pretty prolific and rather useless
troll. You have set yourself a pointless task.
Not if it bring me amusement...

...which it did...

...and is!
Bigbird
2017-07-10 19:20:47 UTC
I was poking fun at the Hamilton groupies.
There's just the one of him. A pretty prolific and rather useless
troll. You have set yourself a pointless task.
Not if it bring me amusement...
...which it did...
...and is!
Really? Given the lack of reaction from the OP that rather cofirms what
people say about you being desperate for attention. So sad!
Alan Baker
2017-07-10 19:46:02 UTC
I was poking fun at the Hamilton groupies.
There's just the one of him. A pretty prolific and rather useless
troll. You have set yourself a pointless task.
Not if it bring me amusement...
...which it did...
...and is!
Really? Given the lack of reaction from the OP that rather cofirms what
people say about you being desperate for attention. So sad!
Yet here you are... ...again.

What does that say about you?

Oh, right! It's different when you're doing the exact same thing!

:-)
Bigbird
2017-07-10 19:52:54 UTC
Really? Given the lack of reaction from the OP that rather cofirms
what people say about you being desperate for attention. So sad!
Yet here you are... ...again.
What does that say about you?
That I think you are a desperate little troll; I thought I made that
quite clear.

Your posts speak for themselves.

I'll leave it there.

Enjoy the amusement that being thought a twat and being ignored for it
brings you.
News
Says the Donald Trump of rasf1.
Bigbird
2017-07-10 20:26:37 UTC
Says the Donald Trump of rasf1.
You say some ridiculous and meaningless things. A habit is one thing
but
you don't need to make it your MO.

GNF
geoff
2017-07-10 22:53:02 UTC
Says the Donald Trump of rasf1.
That hits the nail on the head for our little pair of deniers. Say the
same fictitious thing over and over and over (and over) and hope that
people start believing it. Then say everybody that contradicts is
uninformed or false/fake.

Sad thing about the more important instance is that there are enough
people either ignorant, stupid, uninformed, xenophonic, or just plain
nasty, to get elected to possibly the most important job on earth.

2017-07-10 20:00:56 UTC
Really? Given the lack of reaction from the OP that rather cofirms
what people say about you being desperate for attention. So sad!
Yet here you are... ...again.
What does that say about you?
That I think you are a desperate little troll; I thought I made that
quite clear.
Bully for you!

Why'd you snip my last sentence?
Post by Bigbird
Your posts speak for themselves.
I'll leave it there.
Will you?
brings you.
geoff
2017-07-11 07:28:05 UTC
I was poking fun at the Hamilton groupies.
There's just the one of him. A pretty prolific and rather useless
troll. You have set yourself a pointless task.
Not if it bring me amusement...
...which it did...
...and is!
Are you quite a small man ?