Car behind the Safety Car in Monza
2017-09-06 19:27:18 UTC
At the end of the formation lap at Monza the world feed showed a view of the grid from the back. You could see the Safety Car pull up and then another car pulled up behind the safety car. It was white and had a spoiler. (That's all I remember, we are dealing with Harvey and now Irma...)

Anyone know what that car was? Some kind of local CC ride-along?

Just curious.

2017-09-06 19:33:32 UTC
Post by D Munz
At the end of the formation lap at Monza the world feed showed a view of the grid from the back. You could see the Safety Car pull up and then another car pulled up behind the safety car. It was white and had a spoiler. (That's all I remember, we are dealing with Harvey and now Irma...)
Anyone know what that car was? Some kind of local CC ride-along?
Just curious.
At our track, there is a medical car that follows the pack for the first
lap. Perhaps F1 does the same?

It might be a bit of trick if the medical car wasn't something very
potent, given the lap times of which F1 cars are now capable.

:-)
alister
2017-09-06 19:36:48 UTC
Post by D Munz
At the end of the formation lap at Monza the world feed showed a view
of the grid from the back. You could see the Safety Car pull up and
then another car pulled up behind the safety car. It was white and had
a spoiler. (That's all I remember, we are dealing with Harvey and now
Irma...)
Anyone know what that car was? Some kind of local CC ride-along?
Just curious.
FWIW DLM
At our track, there is a medical car that follows the pack for the first
lap. Perhaps F1 does the same?
It might be a bit of trick if the medical car wasn't something very
potent, given the lap times of which F1 cars are now capable.
:-)
indeed Alan is correct
this is the medical car & does do a full lap behind the pack
Suggest you just sit there and wait till life gets easier.
Alan Baker
2017-09-06 19:45:47 UTC
Post by alister
Post by Alan Baker
Post by D Munz
At the end of the formation lap at Monza the world feed showed a view
of the grid from the back. You could see the Safety Car pull up and
then another car pulled up behind the safety car. It was white and had
a spoiler. (That's all I remember, we are dealing with Harvey and now
Irma...)
Anyone know what that car was? Some kind of local CC ride-along?
Just curious.
FWIW DLM
At our track, there is a medical car that follows the pack for the first
lap. Perhaps F1 does the same?
It might be a bit of trick if the medical car wasn't something very
potent, given the lap times of which F1 cars are now capable.
:-)
indeed Alan is correct
Acorns and blind pigs, I'm sure. :-)
Post by alister
this is the medical car & does do a full lap behind the pack
I wonder what lap time it can turn...

...and who they get to drive it.

:-D
Alan Baker
2017-09-06 19:48:11 UTC
Post by alister
Post by Alan Baker
Post by D Munz
At the end of the formation lap at Monza the world feed showed a view
of the grid from the back. You could see the Safety Car pull up and
then another car pulled up behind the safety car. It was white and had
a spoiler. (That's all I remember, we are dealing with Harvey and now
Irma...)
Anyone know what that car was? Some kind of local CC ride-along?
Just curious.
FWIW DLM
At our track, there is a medical car that follows the pack for the first
lap. Perhaps F1 does the same?
It might be a bit of trick if the medical car wasn't something very
potent, given the lap times of which F1 cars are now capable.
:-)
indeed Alan is correct
this is the medical car & does do a full lap behind the pack
Answering my own musings:

<https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2017/2/driving-f1-medical-car-worlds-fastest-ambulance.html>
Stephen Thomas Cole
2017-09-06 19:56:50 UTC
Post by alister
Post by Alan Baker
Post by D Munz
[...]
You've all missed the question. There was a second car at the back of the
grid, behind the safety car, a white supercar of some sort, I'm presuming
an Italian marque, a gimmick for the home audience.
--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Alan Baker
2017-09-06 20:04:43 UTC
Post by Stephen Thomas Cole
Post by Alan Baker
Post by alister
Post by Alan Baker
Post by D Munz
[...]
Ah! I didn't know about that one.

Read this:

<https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/6xtgjx/does_anyone_know_the_story_around_the_white/>
News
EXACTLY!
t***@gmail.com
2017-09-07 02:52:54 UTC
EXACTLY!
Your boyfriend's ass cheek
is on the caps lock key.
FB
2017-09-06 23:28:51 UTC
it was a Lamborghini Huracán...

FB
Alan Baker
2017-09-07 00:36:53 UTC
Post by FB
it was a Lamborghini Huracán...
FB
Owned by the CEA...

...which appears to be the Monza fire team...
(<https://www.ceaestintori.it/it/la-squadra-corse>)

...who had formerly had a Ferrari 458...

...and which was apparently donated to celebrate their 50th anniversary.
Brian W Lawrence
2017-09-07 11:00:10 UTC
Post by FB
it was a Lamborghini Huracán...
"Lamborghini Automobiles, has prepared for this anniversary a
Lamborghini Huracán Performante with a livery dedicated to CEA Fire
Extinguishers, equipped with fire, which will be followed by tests and
races throughout the weekend. The Lamborghini Huracán Performante is
Lamborghini's latest Lamborghini model and has incredible performance:
accelerates from 0 to 100 km / h in 2.9 seconds and achieves a maximum
speed of over 325 km/h in safety, a safety that distinguishes itself
from 50 years CEA."

<https://www.ceaestintori.it/en/heineken-grand-prix-italy-2017-national-autodrome-monza-1-2-3-september-2017>

---
2017-09-07 11:50:35 UTC
Thanks all for the replies and info. This is a great example of why the group continues to bring joy and happiness to my life.

Well its a cool place to hang out anyway.

Seriously, the knowledge and experience here is fantastic.

Kind of interesting this is a Lamborghini. I wonder if the folks at Maranello suffered a twinge of envy over the change from a shiny red Ferrari.