1971 Jack Brabham Trophy
Sir Tim
2018-08-04 07:46:47 UTC
A fun piece of video - a race for team principles in identical Ford Escorts
with some famous names competing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=SKjLwkzL5rM

Not quite so much fun though when one remembers that Jo Siffert burned to
death later that day. Both the fun and the danger of motor racing in those
days neatly encapsulated.

We normally attended all F1 races at Brands in the 70s, can’t remember why
we weren’t at this meeting.
Sir Tim
bra
2018-08-06 19:04:40 UTC
Post by Sir Tim
A fun piece of video - a race for team principles in identical Ford Escorts
I am trying to remember the last "current" F1 driver to race saloons --- Nigel Mansell in a Ford? I recall he spun and parked it and proceeded to complain about --- everything.

Memories too, of rubber smoke hazing off the FRONT tyre of a John Coombes Jaguar leaning into Woodcote ---- fifty-plus years ago.
Alan Baker
2018-08-06 19:08:07 UTC
Post by bra
Post by Sir Tim
A fun piece of video - a race for team principles in identical Ford
I am trying to remember the last "current" F1 driver to race saloons
--- Nigel Mansell in a Ford? I recall he spun and parked it and
proceeded to complain about --- everything.
What about all the F1 drivers on Top Gear?

:-D
bra
A new definition of "racing" --- ;-)
M2T
2018-08-07 00:03:23 UTC
Post by bra
Post by Sir Tim
A fun piece of video - a race for team principles in identical Ford Escorts
I am trying to remember the last "current" F1 driver to race saloons --- Nigel Mansell in a Ford? I recall he spun and parked it and proceeded to complain about --- everything.
Memories too, of rubber smoke hazing off the FRONT tyre of a John Coombes Jaguar leaning into Woodcote ---- fifty-plus years ago.
There's that Race of Champions nonsense, where they race against each
other in odd vehicles in a stadium. After Wherline (Sp) got injured,
there haven't been any current drivers.

Vettel & MS won it a couple of times.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-07 02:54:09 UTC
Post by M2T
There's that Race of Champions nonsense
Turn the channel.
Fuck your negativity.
Set up that knitting club.
Logoff.
And go fuck yourself.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-07 03:12:56 UTC
Ya, dental hygiene should be your priority.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-07 04:42:39 UTC
Post by M2T
There's that Race of Champions nonsense