A chance to buy some shares
2017-05-19 03:19:12 UTC
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/a-mini-ipo-going-on/
Bobster
2017-05-19 03:28:14 UTC
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/a-mini-ipo-going-on/
If my sums are right, F1 is now a 5.7 billion dollar concern. Does that include Liberty's other assets?
D Munz
2017-05-19 12:19:02 UTC
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/a-mini-ipo-going-on/
Here is the comment I posted to Joe's article:

"Which shares are these? If it’s on the NASDAQ they are probably FWONA or FWONK. Liberty has three “sets” of F1 shares. The A and K series are listed on the NASDAQ; the FWONB shares are listed on the OTC. The problem with the K shares is that they are not voting shares. However, that is not necessarily relevant as the B shares get 10 votes per share and are mostly held by Malone. As I understand it, this is designed to keep the voting control for Liberty in a tight circle."

<end comment>

All the shares in Liberty's assets are tracking shares.

From investopedia:

A tracking stock is a common stock issued by a parent company that tracks the performance of a particular division without having claim on the assets of the division or the parent company. It may also be known as designer stock or may refer to a type of security specifically designed to mirror the performance of a larger index.