Worth waiting for (qually spoiler)
2017-09-02 17:13:19 UTC
I know it's chauvinism, to say nothing of schadenfreude, but I do love
it when one supremely talented Englishman puts it across all those
gloating Tifosi!

Verstappen looked terrific, especially through the Parabolica. Great
effort by Ocon. And Stroll, where did *that* come from?

And who *is* the idiot who "interviewed" the drivers after qually?

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
.
2017-09-02 17:31:32 UTC
I know it's chauvinism, to say nothing of schadenfreude, but I do love
it when one supremely talented Englishman puts it across all those
gloating Tifosi!
Yes, Lewis Hamilton did an excellent, record breaking job once again.
Post by Sir Tim
Verstappen looked terrific, especially through the Parabolica. Great
effort by Ocon. And Stroll, where did *that* come from?
Although none could begin to hold a candle to another Lewis
Hamilton record breaking performance.
Post by Sir Tim
And who *is* the idiot who "interviewed" the drivers after qually?
Maybe it's one of the idiots here that, instead of discussing anything
or anyone currently participating in F1, are mostly interested in
continually relating their banal views on what is tantamount to
shoes, belts and purses.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
News
Revealed: '.' is the A/P...
Sir Tim
:-)
Brian W Lawrence
2017-09-02 19:09:47 UTC
I know it's chauvinism, to say nothing of schadenfreude, but I do love
it when one supremely talented Englishman puts it across all those
gloating Tifosi!
Verstappen looked terrific, especially through the Parabolica. Great
effort by Ocon. And Stroll, where did *that* come from?
And who *is* the idiot who "interviewed" the drivers after qually?
Haven't seen it, but the FIA transcript says it was Davide Valsecchi.

"Valsecchi is Sky Sport Formula Two analyst and Sky Sports F1
commentator since 2016 and Top Gear Italia presenter since 2016."

---
2017-09-02 19:46:25 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Post by Sir Tim
I know it's chauvinism, to say nothing of schadenfreude, but I do
love it when one supremely talented Englishman puts it across all
those gloating Tifosi!
Verstappen looked terrific, especially through the Parabolica.
Great effort by Ocon. And Stroll, where did that come from?
And who is the idiot who "interviewed" the drivers after qually?
Haven't seen it, but the FIA transcript says it was Davide Valsecchi.
"Valsecchi is Sky Sport Formula Two analyst and Sky Sports F1
commentator since 2016 and Top Gear Italia presenter since 2016."
He's the 2012 GP2 champion and has been co-commentating on GP2/F2 for
some time.

He is the model for every bad Italian accent.
~misfit~
2017-09-03 02:16:58 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Post by Sir Tim
I know it's chauvinism, to say nothing of schadenfreude, but I do
love it when one supremely talented Englishman puts it across all
those gloating Tifosi!
Verstappen looked terrific, especially through the Parabolica.
Great effort by Ocon. And Stroll, where did that come from?
And who is the idiot who "interviewed" the drivers after qually?
Haven't seen it, but the FIA transcript says it was Davide Valsecchi.
"Valsecchi is Sky Sport Formula Two analyst and Sky Sports F1
commentator since 2016 and Top Gear Italia presenter since 2016."
He's the 2012 GP2 champion and has been co-commentating on GP2/F2 for
some time.
He is the model for every bad Italian accent.
"Yeah you're right...."

When commentating he starts almost every comment with that. It very quickly
gets annoying.

2017-09-03 02:51:30 UTC
It very quickly gets annoying.
He has a long way to catch up to you.
t***@gmail.com
2017-09-03 03:02:19 UTC
It very quickly gets annoying.
Unlike your soiled diaper.
Stephen Thomas Cole
2017-09-03 07:32:54 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Post by Sir Tim
I know it's chauvinism, to say nothing of schadenfreude, but I do love
it when one supremely talented Englishman puts it across all those
gloating Tifosi!
Verstappen looked terrific, especially through the Parabolica. Great
effort by Ocon. And Stroll, where did *that* come from?
And who *is* the idiot who "interviewed" the drivers after qually?
Haven't seen it, but the FIA transcript says it was Davide Valsecchi.
"Valsecchi is Sky Sport Formula Two analyst and Sky Sports F1
commentator since 2016 and Top Gear Italia presenter since 2016."
Does he do his commentating after snorting a load of coke, too? His
interviews are whacky. I quite enjoy the novelty of it, tbh, but I don't
think I could tolerate him for more than a few minutes.
--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Bobster
2017-09-03 03:07:56 UTC
I think any gloating going on is English in origin.
t***@gmail.com
x2
Sir Tim
2017-09-03 14:03:20 UTC
I know it's chauvinism, to say nothing of schadenfreude, but I do love
it when one supremely talented Englishman puts it across all those
gloating Tifosi!
I think any gloating going on is English in origin.
It is now !!!
But I certainly wouldn't have booed him if Vettel had won.
Good response by Hamilton; didn't take it personally.
geoff
2017-09-03 21:31:00 UTC
I know it's chauvinism, to say nothing of schadenfreude, but I do
love >>> it when one supremely talented Englishman puts it across all
those >>> gloating Tifosi!
I think any gloating going on is English in origin.
It is now !!!
But I certainly wouldn't have booed him if Vettel had won.
Good response by Hamilton; didn't take it personally.
As it clearly wasn't intended personally. Or even 'seriously' for that
matter.

2017-09-04 02:53:48 UTC
queer
Geoff
2017-09-04 03:25:57 UTC
As it clearly wasn't intended personally. Or even 'seriously' for that
matter.
queer
XX

Bobster
2017-09-03 03:09:35 UTC
Agreed, Verstappen's control was marvellous. The only guy comparable with Senna through the Parabolica.
larkim
2017-09-03 06:15:28 UTC
Interesting. But what's better - a driver who keeps the car at 99% max grip through there and looks unspectacular, or one who pushes past the limit, needs to back off, pushes past, backs off, pushes past, backs off etc and therefore averages a slower speed?

I know Verstappen looks great on TV, and there's no doubt that he is quick. But a squirrelling car around a long wet corner like that is unlikely to have been the fastest way around there, surely?
Stephen Thomas Cole
2017-09-03 07:32:55 UTC
Interesting. But what's better - a driver who keeps the car at 99% max
grip through there and looks unspectacular, or one who pushes past the
limit, needs to back off, pushes past, backs off, pushes past, backs off
etc and therefore averages a slower speed?
I know Verstappen looks great on TV, and there's no doubt that he is
quick. But a squirrelling car around a long wet corner like that is
unlikely to have been the fastest way around there, surely?
Well, he set some pretty good times, so I don't think it held him back.
Stephen Thomas Cole
2017-09-03 07:32:55 UTC
Verstappen looked terrific, especially through the Parabolica. Great
effort by Ocon. And Stroll, where did *that* come from?
Agreed, Verstappen's control was marvellous. The only guy comparable with
Senna through the Parabolica.
Brundle said that Jos used to send Max out on slicks in the rain and told
him to "go find the grip". Good training! :-)
Angel Gutierrez Rodriguez
2017-09-03 08:51:53 UTC
And who *is* the idiot who "interviewed" the drivers after qually?
Wasn't he the one asking Hamilton about shaking hands last year?
Ángel Gutiérrez Rodríguez
Bigbird
2017-09-03 11:09:03 UTC
Post by Angel Gutierrez Rodriguez
Post by Sir Tim
And who is the idiot who "interviewed" the drivers after qually?
Wasn't he the one asking Hamilton about shaking hands last year?
Dunno about last year but a couple of months ago in Austria he tried to
get Lewis and Seb to shake hands on camera.
Angel Gutierrez Rodriguez
2017-09-03 13:35:21 UTC
Dunno about last year but a couple of months ago in Austria he tried to
get Lewis and Seb to shake hands on camera.
My bad! I was thinking about that one.
--
Ángel Gutiérrez Rodríguez